X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • transcribe
    • Dec 2010

Hi all,

I am new here. Wish we will have a great time together.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Okay guys the doctor's back with a new prescription for all whom like myself wanted a real solution to the more than 1 computer and same keyboard/mouse to use with them, even if they have their own monitors as well.

Control multiple windows systems with one keyboard/mouse. Share a keyboard and mouse across multiple windows system.

Best posw I've found in a while. Installation a breeze, GUI as simple as anything Ive come across lately, and best of all guess what? It's absolutely free and works!

I'm banging that Donation button as I always do when any free software is that good!
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

SrtStrip 1.2

SrtStrip 1.2 strips <i> and {a6} type tags from .srt subtitles. The original is not changed. The stripped output file has .srtip appended to the input filename.

For curly brace tags, anything that starts with a '{' and ends with a '}' on the same line, is removed.

To strip an entire folder of .srt subtitle files use this command in a Command Prompt:

for %s in (*.srt) do SrtStrip %s

Just search for SrtStrip on my download page:

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• toad87
          • Mar 2011

Vietnamese Subtitles

Hello, I am trying to subtitle "The King's Speech" in vietnamese. I have the movie in AVI and the subtitle iin SRT. However, when I load both in, the vietnamese subtitles become strange looking. I looked at the SRT file and it seems fine. I also changed the character to vietnamese.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

I'm not experienced with subs other than English. But I thought I saw a similar problem on another board that had to do with the font. Have you checked that the font has all the characters needed?

What I mean is the video player will use a certain font. I know VLC every time I update it and run it for the first time it rebuilds the Windows font cache. Even though an editor may show the characters fine with the font it is using, the video player may be set to a different font for subs.

Comment

• toad87
              • Mar 2011

If you could send me a link to that thread that would be cool.

Don't know if the font is missing the characters...If it says "Vietnamese character set" shouldn't it have all the characters?

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

I've not dealt with subs other than English as I said. I don't have a link to the thread. Whatever font you are using you should be able to display the character set. Try google.. fonts character set

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

7Folder 1.5

7Folder 1.5

This is a Windows Seven only utility. Windows Seven has a hotkey combo, Control-Shift-n, to create a New Folder when pressed in an Explorer Folder window or on the Desktop.

I use FreeCommander which uses F7 function key to create a new folder. I don't like to use 3 key hotkey combos if I can avoid them. So I wrote a small AutoHotKey program that sits in the tray that sends Control-Shift-n when you hit the hotkey.

By default is uses F7 function key but you can set something else on the command line.

One thing about Windows Seven, forever the Desktop class name has been Progman. 7Folder uses this and the class names for Explorer windows to enable the hotkey only when Explorer or the Desktop is the active window. With Windows Seven though, Progman is not guaranteed to be the Desktop class name. On some systems it's WorkerW instead. If you are running a customized Windows Shell, then there's no telling what the class name might be. To handle this situation another program is included called 7FolderLite. This has no restriction on the window class. I recommend only using 7FolderLite if 7Folder does not work for you.

Those who like to write their own AutoHotKey scripts, I've included the source code to both programs and the custom icon in the download. See the included Readme.txt for more info.

You can download from my page here:

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Just search for the link label 7Folder.

It's free for you to use at your own risk. I hope it makes creating a New Folder on W7 a tad more convenient.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

UnLocker 1.91 released April 12

The 1.91 update has a couple of bug fixes to do with filenames too long. Looks like a good idea to update.

The installer has a couple of add-ons you can side step by unchecking the boxes before hitting the install button.

Unlocker is an explorer extension that allows you with a simple right-click of the mouse on a file or folder to get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it is used by another person or program. Unlocker can unlock files, folders, dll, and can also delete index.dat without restarting your computer. Other error messages are cannot delete file,cannot delete folder,delete undeletable file,file unlocker,path too deep,filename too long,path too long,path is too long.

Comment

• teche4pc
                      Teche4pc
                      • Apr 2011

To be honest I'm not sure attempting to educate you is worth the trouble. Considering the amount of discussions of uses for servers I have to assume you're just being argumentative, lazy or both.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

OneKey

I wrote a simple Hotkey program that sits in the tray called OneKey. You can download from my page here:

I have written other launchers and use other programmer's launchers but the idea of this one is to set up a single hotkey(default is function key F11) to do tasks that I do all the time. You can change the hotkey via command line param or using the Tray Menu command. You can associate the hotkey with any shortcut, data file, .cmd batch file, or executable file.

It's for that one task you do so often that you just want to be able to hit a key and that's it.

As example, since I have a couple of USB docking stations I find that often I use sync.exe to flush the disk buffers to the drives. I was typing "sync" in a command prompt. Then I made a shortcut so all I had to do was click the shortcut. But I do it so often that I just hooked it to OneKey. Now every time I press F11 a command prompt comes up, runs sync, then waits for 3 seconds so I can see the results, and closes.

It's free for you to use at your own risk. Should work on XP and later.

edit: btw, for the .cmd batch file to set up sync as I described, see this Tip of the Day Post:

Last edited by MilesAhead; 18 Apr 2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                          Eclectician
                          • Nov 2006

ReRun

Here's another Hotkey I wrote called ReRun. It sits in the tray and watches the active window. If it detects a program, it adds the icon to a Most Recently Used set of 10 Buttons.

It should work on XP or later.

The idea is if you close a program that's tough to dig out, not in your QuickLaunch or other launcher, Superbar etc.. and want to bring it up again, you can open the Popup Window for ReRun with a hotkey. The default hotkey is F9 function key but you can change it with a Tray Menu command. Also double clicking the Tray Icon will pop up the window.

Hovering the mouse over the icon will show the program name in a Tooltip. I try to screen out windows that are minimized to system tray etc.. but it's not perfect. It's just a rerun for recent programs. For opening programs you use constantly some other launch method is preferable.

I recommend putting a shortcut in the Startup folder so it will start with Windows as it takes awhile to fill up with apps. The collected apps are not saved between runs.

It's free for you to use at your own risk. You can download from my page here:

edit: I've updated ReRun to v. 1.7.0.0. Changes include increase of buttons to 14. .ini file setting LeftHanded to have buttons fill from left to right as opposed to the right to left default. Topmost attribute of popup window is used to prevent it being covered while popped up.

Last edited by MilesAhead; 7 May 2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

Transpose 1.6.0.0

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                            I made a small hotkey program using AutoHotKey to change a few mouse and keyboard hotkeys in programs I use frequently.

The main reason I wrote it was to make Control-t transpose the 2 characters left of the caret.
                            I updated Transpose to v. 1.6. I've added an auto copy to clipboard for browsers that makes having an AutoCopy AddOn unnecessary. At this point Chromium, Firefox and Opera based browsers are supported. The source code is included if you wish to add other browsers to the list.

The way it works, select text with left mouse button but before releasing the button, press the Alt key and release the Alt and left mouse button together. You should see the text deselect. That signals the text is now in the clipboard.

See the About Box and Readme for current hotkey and feature info.
                            You can find the download link on this page:

Hotkeys

Edit: updated to 1.9.0.0 now also has Shift Middle Mouse Click on an empty spot or frame of Explorer Window you'll be prompted to press a letter to open that drive in a new window. IOW, if you press 'c' then C:\ will open in a new window.

Edit: updated to 2.2.2.0 I added a couple of new hotkeys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	916583
                            Last edited by MilesAhead; 19 Oct 2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

Fold 1.0.0.0

Fold 1.0.0.0 Fold.exe is a command line Windows utility for XP and later. Although it really shines on Windows Seven. It reads a plain text file of folder names, then opens and places them on the desktop.

You may download from this page:

I found even though I wrote several hotkey tools for opening recent folders, that there were combinations of folders I used many times and I still had not come up with an easy way to open them as a set. File managers with quad windows may be a solution but I haven't found a free one that seemed stable and predictable.

The basic idea of Fold is you feed it a file of folder names. If the number of folders is 4 or less the vertical space used is limited to 95% of the vertical desktop work area. This should leave enough room for stuff like RocketDock and other gizmos kept just above the TaskBar.

At the moment it's hard wired with TaskBar at the bottom.
                              If there are more than 4 folders, all windows are minimized first, to avoid app windows being resized, then the folders are opened and placed using the OS horizontal tiling API.

See the Readme for details.
                              Before gasping in horror at the thought of typing at the command line, see the Suggestion in the Readme. If you are on Windows7 it's very easy to associate .fld extension with Fold.exe and pin folder sets to the Fold icon on SuperBar. Once you make a few sets of folders you can just right click, then click and Bingo!! A set of folders you use together comes up.

If you don't want to register a file type association then I suggest putting a shortcut to Fold.exe in your SendTo folder.

Another nice feature of using this on Windows7, when you're done right click the Explorer shortcut on SuperBar and click Close All Windows.

Edit: Updated to 1.1.0.0 Now has .ini file setting PercentMargin to set the gap next to the TaskBar. Default is 5. Valid range is 0 to 25. Also now calculates which side of the screen the TaskBar is located(TaskBar must be set to Stay On Top or the work area OS function won't account for it.)

Edit: Updated to 1.7.0.0 I updated the code to accommodate the Taskbar gap no matter which edge the Taskbar is on.

Anyway, here's a screen shot of 4 folders opened just by clicking an .fld file.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by MilesAhead; 31 May 2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

QTTabBar 1.5.0.0 Beta 2

Another board I'm on there's a thread with users raving about this Explorer AddOn. I usually don't go for utilities that add toolbars to Explorer as all the ones I've tried had weird side-effects. I've been using this one for about a day on Windows Seven 32 bit. Seems solid.

QTTabBar 1.5.0.0 Beta 2

It basically adds Tabs to Windows explorer the way modern web browsers are tabbed. Saves using a dedicated file manager just for drag & drop.

Description:

Download QTTabBar for free. QTTabBar is extension for Windows Explorer that brings tabbed browsing to Microsoft's file browser, along with a host of other great features. Under new management!

Download:
                                Download QTTabBar for free. QTTabBar is extension for Windows Explorer that brings tabbed browsing to Microsoft's file browser, along with a host of other great features. Under new management!

During installation there's a check mark to capture other Explorer windows as a tab when opened from outside. I prefer to drag & drop across multiple windows rather than dragging to the tip of a tab sticking up. If you prefer multiple Explorer windows also, just uncheck during install. You can change the setting later by right clicking in the Tab Bar and choosing Options.

Note that it replaces some dlls to modify Explorer. I advise creating a Restore Point before install. Install requires a reboot for the Explorer mods to take effect.

Tip: if you use docking stations, add all your drives to a Group and set the group to load on Startup in the Groups options. That way you can turn docks on and off and they will be picked up automatically. No need to manually set up and lock on each change. (Provided of course the docks come up as the same drive letters.)
                                Last edited by MilesAhead; 31 May 2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...