X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

MaxaMiser 1.3

Toggles active window current position and size with "MaxaMised" position(meaning it leaves a gap by the TaskBar.)

You can download here:
    This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

See change log here:

It's free for you to use at your own risk. Comes in handy if you use RocketDock or another toolbar you keep next to the TaskBar. Does not interfere with normal Window maximization. Just uses a hotkey in the Tray to position and size the active window.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Shift Kicker 1.1

Here's an even simpler Tray Hotkey that has the same effect as MaxaMiser. I call it Shift Kicker. Hold down the shift key while clicking the mouse on a window's maximize button, and it will be sized with a TaskBar Gap. Size of gap is an .ini file option.

Note that it relies on Windows thinking the window is maximized, so that when you click the restore button, it goes back to the original size and location.

It's lighter on memory because Windows stores the normal window size and location info. Technically the "maximized" window state is incorrect because the window is not truly maximized. If you don't want to fool Windows, use MaxaMiser instead.

You can download from my Hotkeys Page

Edit: Updated to v. 1.1.1.2 Ahk source included as a single file. Small code corrections. Custom icon included in download.
      Last edited by MilesAhead; 9 Jun 2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Taskbar Gap 1.2.1.0

Ok. Instead of writing programs that move and size windows with a taskbar gap, I've come to the conclusion the simpler technique is to use the Windows API to set the work area.

Taskbar Gap sets the work area to include a taskbar gap on startup. It saves the initial value and restores it on shutdown. Also you can double click the Tray Icon to toggle between the "normal" work area and the one with the gap.

Gap is adjustable via ini file option. Also you can set ToggleAtStart=0 to prevent it from setting the gap on start.

You can download from my page:

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm updating many of my utilities so that they do not calculate their own taskbar gap if they find TaskbarGap.exe is running.

The Tray Icon changes to indicate the state of the work area when you toggle.

edit: updated to 1.3.0.0 Added Change Gap command to Tray Menu.

edit: Important Update Version 1.4.0.0 detects screen resolution change. If you are using Taskbar Gap, please update to the latest version.
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 14 Jun 2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Set Work Area 1.1.0.0

Set Work Area 1.1.0.0 A command line tool that displays or sets the Desktop Work Area. Note that the setting won't "stick" unless Taskbar AutoHide is disabled. It should work on XP and later.

This may be handy if you have stuff along more than one edge of the screen or you like to put in the numbers exactly.

I only have a single monitor setup. Multiple monitors are not supported.

It's a stand-alone exe. Just copy SetWA.exe to a folder in your Path.

Some usage examples:

Usage: SetWA
          Displays current work area numbers and help switch

Usage: SetWA /?
          or SetWA and anything other than 4 numbers
          Displays Usage with valid ranges for parameters.

Usage: SetWA Left Top Right Bottom (e.g. SetWA 0 0 1280 908)
          Will attempt to set the work area to the specified numbers.

Set Work Area is free for you to use at your own risk. You may download from this page:

Note that I limit the work area margin on each side to 1/3 the screen resolution. This just simplifies making sure there's enough room to run the desktop. Use the /? switch for details and see enclosed Readme.txt.
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 18 Jun 2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Adjust Work Area 1.0

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
            Set Work Area 1.1.0.0 A command line tool that displays or sets the Desktop Work Area. Note that the setting won't "stick" unless Taskbar AutoHide is disabled. It should work on XP and later.
            I rewrote the code in FreeBASIC. The zip download is now only 40 KB. It's called Adjust Work Area. The exe is awa.exe. It's a stand-alone win32 exe. No basic run time is necessary. It works just the same. See included Readme.txt.

All output goes to stdout(the console) so it's easy to redirect output to a log file using a batch .cmd file if you wish. Or you can just put the command line params in a shortcut and copy it to the StartUp Folder so it will be set when you log on.
            Last edited by MilesAhead; 21 Jun 2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Pixie 4.1

Pixie is a nice simple utility to get the color of the pixel under the mouse:

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

ReRun 1.9

Originally Posted by MilesAhead

The idea is if you close a program that's tough to dig out, not in your QuickLaunch or other launcher, Superbar etc.. and want to bring it up again, you can open the Popup Window for ReRun with a hotkey. The default hotkey is F9 function key but you can change it with a Tray Menu command. Also double clicking the Tray Icon will pop up the window.
                I've updatate ReRun to 1.9.0.0. Now it saves the program list to a file between runs. Also just before the window pops up, it verifies the program path for every button is still valid to avoid "file not found" errors. Usually it's because a network drive is no longer mapped to a drive letter. I'm thinking of adding a menu command to weed these out of the list to avoid a delay popping up the window.

It can still be downloaded from this page:

Hotkeys

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

TopmostToggle 1.7.0.0

I've updated Topmost Toggle to version 1.7.0.0. You can Toggle the Topmost or stay on top attribute of the active window using Control Right Click. Now you can also Toggle Alt-Tab visibility using Shift Right Click.

When you Shift Right Click the mouse on an ordinary window you should see it change to Toolbar Style(no minimize or maximize buttons in the caption bar etc.) While in that style it should also be hidden from the Alt-Tab list. Just Shift Right Click again to put it back to normal.

Also instead of a MsgBox, when you Toggle the Topmost attribute, a Tooltip shows if it is on or off for 1/2 second. Less intrusive than using a MsgBox.

You can download from my page here:
                  Hotkeys

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Comment Explorer 1.8.1.0

I wrote an AHK_L Hotkey program to comment downloaded files. I called it
                    Comment Explorer.

You can download Comment Explorer from my page here

Comment Explorer is an AHK Hotkey Tray Utility
                    that allows comments to be associated with files
                    in Explorer. When you use the Up and Down Arrow
                    keys to select a file in Explorer, if there is
                    a comment for the file, it is shown in a ToolTip.

I've written similar utilities before. But I implemented them as shell extensions. Now that machines commonly come with 64 bit Windows installed, the 32 bit shell extension will not work. By writing it as a Hotkey, it doesn't matter. The utility should work on XP and later.

It has some ability to copy comments to other folders, but to do that correctly the comment data should really be part of the file system. This work-around at least lets you type in or paste a note about the file you just downloaded.

See the Quick Start section in the Readme for usage.
                    It's free for you to use at your own risk.

One note about AutoHotkey_L. It's a newer enhanced version of AutoHotkey. Many av programs may still show false positives about programs compiled with it. For this reason the zip file includes the AHK_L source code. You may download the AutoHotkey_L yourself and compile my script if you have any doubts. Also the hotkeys are "hard wired" in the script. Other programs may have snapped up those keys. In that case you can enter new ones and recompile.

Edit: update to v. 2.3.0.0 - I added a primitive search function to the Tray Menu. It searches the comments in the active Comment file for the substring you type in. Matching files are collected in a text file. The file is displayed using Windows .txt file association. Like if you knew you put a comment that some file was a "discombobulator" and can't remember which it was, enter that word in search. See the Readme for details.
                    Last edited by MilesAhead; 29 Sep 2011, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

Nice
                      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by admin
                        Nice
                        Thank you. I added the option in the latest version to use a Global data file or one local to the folder(FolderMode.) The advantage of the local is you can just copy the folder to another machine and the comments go with it. Since it's local to the folder it only uses the filename to look up the comment rather than the complete path. It gets away from the driver letter change problem when you move to another machine or have files on a USB that may come up under a different letter.

Also you tend to have a smaller data file since it's just for that folder.

The drawback is not having a central file for all the comments.
                        It's just a hack but at least you can put a note on your downloads.

Comment

• Beyounce
                          • Oct 2011

Dream Vacation Network

Such interesting read and information, thanks for sharing this post ..............

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

SnapDraw Free

Here's a screen cap program I found that's more complex than Windows Snipping Tool, but simpler than many similar programs that allow you to annotate the image:

Print Screen Capture Software with Special Effects, Annotation Tools and support for Windows 7, Vista and XP Alpha Transparency (Translucency).

I like that I can type in text in a balloon to document program screens. Also you can drag a red rectangle over an area very simply. The image I made below only took me a couple of minutes. I didn't have to read the manual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FolderCacheShot.png
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	916584

Comment

• Idris
                              • Oct 2011

Help How to make thread.

Im completely new here , and this is the only was i know how to post something.
                              I wanted to know how u can post A thread, because i have a question.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

Free Internet Window Washer - index.dat overwrite

I found a nice freeware that overwrites index.dat files, among other things. It's called
                                Free Internet Window Washer

It will overwrite index.dat without a reboot. You can even leave it in the tray and set it to wash your browsing files at intervals.

Enjoy

Comment

Working...