Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

in this example the use of the term oem would refer to a drive made by samsung but identified as a sony as it's id and firmware?

if it uses the same firmware and is id'd the same, there is no difference between oem and retail, except what comes with the drive?

bloatware cd, cable, screws etc come with retail

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
      Author of ImgBurn
      • Dec 2001

Sorry Powel, I was referring to the original posters post - where they have a sony (which is really a samsung). I missed that you hijacked their thread

I may consider adding some sort of dialog to allow the user to use a gui for adding device name strings to be considered as LG / Samsung drives etc. I'll see how bored I get tomorrow

Chewy, thanks for putting what I said into english! Perhaps OEM wasn't the correct term to use... it was just the first one that came to mind. I did indeed just mean 'rebranded' drives will not benefit from auto booktype stuff because the code only runs if the device id matches 'TSSTcorp' or 'HL-DT-ST' (running either the LG code or the samsung code depending on which one it matches).
      Last edited by LIGHTNING UK!; 5 Jan 2007, 09:51 AM.
      The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• Powel
        • Jan 2007

Thanks again, Sorry for the hijack. I'm a newbie

Comment

Working...