X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teneniel
    • Mar 2007

froze at 57% while calculating

Here's the log:

I 20:18:09 ImgBurn Version 2.3.0.0 started!
    I 20:18:09 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)
    I 20:18:09 Total Physical Memory: 1,963,968 KB - Available: 1,178,632 KB
    I 20:18:10 Initialising SPTI...
    I 20:18:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 20:18:10 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
    I 20:18:30 Operation Started!
    I 20:18:30 Building Image Tree...
    I 20:18:30 Checking Directory Depth...
    I 20:18:30 Calculating Totals...
    I 20:18:30 Preparing Image...
    I 20:19:26 Using Layer Break LBA: 1123452 -> 1185040 (VTS_02, LU: 1, PGC: 1, Chapter: 1, Cell: 1, Vob/Cell ID: 1/1, Time: 00:00:00, SPLIP: No)
    I 20:19:26 Checking Path Length...
    I 20:19:26 Image Size: 4,853,923,840 bytes
    I 20:19:26 Image Sectors: 2,370,080
    I 20:19:26 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:56

I've been following the directions in the guide for ImgBurn. In the guide it says to push the calculator button. I did that. It froze at 57%.
    I'm in build mode.
    Last edited by Teneniel; 12 Apr 2007, 10:38 AM.
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

First upgrade to 2.3.2 and see if it happens there. However, it is odd.

Regards
    Last edited by blutach; 12 Apr 2007, 04:25 PM.
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
      Author of ImgBurn
      • Dec 2001

What's on the screen when you say it 'froze' ?

The program updates some form of status type text for everything it's doing.
      The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• Teneniel
        • Mar 2007

Ok, I updated to 2.3.0 and now it freezes at 55% Where do I get 2.3.2? I did the auto update and it found 2.3.0...

what's on the screen?? Well, the log I posted, and the other window has image info on the right, source and destination info on the left, on the bottom left there is the word "ready". And the green bar on the right side that should grow to 100% after I push the calculator freezes at - now- 55%. The green bar keeps flashing but it never moves. The program isn't really frozen I guess. I don't know what to call it. Stalled maybe. Stalled. The drop down menus still respond, and I can "x" out of the program. But it won't calculate past 55%
        Last edited by Teneniel; 14 Apr 2007, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Teneniel
          • Mar 2007

Can it be doing this because the file is too big?? Like, say Shrink didn't get it small enough?? I'm just wondering cause I think these DVD+R s might be smaller than 4.7, they were cheap, and so I'm wondering if that could have anything to do with it.

Comment

• Teneniel
            • Mar 2007

After reading some posts on another forum, I think that might be my problem. I'm not sure why ImgBurn isn't just giving me an error or something... But I think that Shrink just wasn't able to get the file small enough. So, I'm gonna try splitting it first. This may not work, so please don't consider this resolved just yet. Unless, of course, you know something I don't. (related to this)

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
              Author of ImgBurn
              • Dec 2001

lol are you perhaps talking about a green bar in the 'info' tab?

Thats the % used on the media, it's not a progress bar.

If it's at 55% and you're waiting for it to reach 100%, you'll be waiting for the rest of your life!

Comment

• Teneniel
                • Mar 2007

Ok. so, yep. I'm retarded. I see that now. I have now used Img Burn a lot, and figured a few things out. Thank you Lightning for just laughing at my idiocy and not being mean to me. I used to wait for the % used on the media bar to fill up and then i would click burn....... But now I get it. I still can't burn that file. The burn button just doesn't light up, but I had a friend burn it for me and I gave up. However, I use Img Burn without any problems frequently now. Thank you for a fantastic program and your saint like patience with me. I am most appreciative.

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
                  Author of ImgBurn
                  • Dec 2001

If the start button hasn't enabled itself, you probably have media issues.

The status bar should give you a clue as to why the program doesn't think it's 'Ready' for burning.

Comment

• Teneniel
                    • Mar 2007

I will not use cheap media again. I have learned.

I bought better media.

Split the file and tried again this morning.
                    Worked wonderfully and burned in 20 min.

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...