Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

The Blade Runner is worth the purchase.I am a big fan of this movie and I had this on DVD and it was FULL of grain, this HD version is absolutely beautiful and the colors just look so bright and crisp which made me appreciate this movie even more .I really liked the fact that they gave you both the Final cut and the U.S.,International and Directors cut and didn't make you double dip.The 3 special feature discs are great also

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by admin
      I've only watched the first disc of PE so far (not enough time!), and it's fantastic, better than what I had expected. The scene in the first episode where the flowers bloom ... it was like 3D. Best $30 I've ever spent.
      I couldn't agree more! I just finished watching the first disc...breath taking is the only words that can accurately describe it. Even the little intro footage is amazing...one of my favorite parts is of that little bird that spreads his face out like a fan and dances around for his mate.

The case is really cramped I agree...I feel like I am going to break the disc when I try to remove them.
      Last edited by jmet; 25 Mar 2008, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

I just watched the first 2 discs of PE,and it was fantastic.This is definitely a must watch if your a nature documentary fan.So far the Fresh Water episode is my favorite followed by the Deserts episode.I also really liked it when they slowed the speed down to 40x to show the speed of the sharks and alligators.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

What I thought was very interesting was how a polar bear really couldn't injure a walrus. He tried and tried to no avail. Heck they even beat him up with their tusks...lol

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by BR7
            The Blade Runner is worth the purchase.I am a big fan of this movie and I had this on DVD and it was FULL of grain, this HD version is absolutely beautiful and the colors just look so bright and crisp which made me appreciate this movie even more .I really liked the fact that they gave you both the Final cut and the U.S.,International and Directors cut and didn't make you double dip.The 3 special feature discs are great also
            While not an entirely relevant thread to bump, but Blade Runner (5 disc edition) on Blu-ray is now only $19.95 from Amazon.com. That's an excellent deal. Fans of Sci Fi, and new to Blu-ray, should buy this and I Am Legend for $18.95 to start off your collection (and watch the alternate ending for I Am Legend, forget the theatrical ending).

Also strange is that Amazon has removed the "Hi Def Deals" page, which used to list all the discounts and promotions for both HD formats.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...