• Show
Clear All
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

House defeats bill to delay digital TV transition

House defeats bill to delay digital TV transition

WASHINGTON - Bucking the Obama administration, House Republicans on Wednesday defeated a bill to postpone the upcoming transition from analog to digital television broadcasting to June 12 — leaving the current Feb. 17 deadline intact for now.

Looks like back to square one.

I wonder how Hawaii is doing. They changed on January 15, 2009

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Isn't that the purpose of commercial advertisements. To make you feel good about a purchase you don't really need?
      Just think about it.
      No... the point of advertisements is to get people to buy your service/product.

And last time I checked, false advertising was illegal. I'm surprised nobody from the government noticed. Telling people that the only options are to get a DTV converter box or sign up for * pay service is a lie. If they said ANY cable/satellite service it would have been fine in my book.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

I agree drsf, I guess we will see what will happen. Will there be another attempt to delay the transition to digital.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Well I'm sure there *will* be... this is why I hate government sometimes. They keep pushing to control everybody and it's seriously annoying.

I agree with this quote:
          "No matter how many commercials we run, there will always be a certain part of the population that doesn't get the message," said Chris Leonard, president of the Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, who was helping out at the call center.

Even if they do delay it, not 100% of Americans are gonna be on board. It's a sad truth, but I wish the House/Senate/whoever would get that. Maybe less people WON'T get it, but they're still gonna have tons and tons of people complaining to the FCC.

And seriously, I don't really feel sorry for anyone who isn't aware of what's going on at this point - Senior citizen or not, they've had the Tuesday DTV tests, and tons and tons of "infomercials" about the upcoming transition. Anybody who uses a TV at all (who doesn't have cable or whatever) should have at least heard about it! (And if they just didn't bother to do research, that's THEIR problem, not the government's!)
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...