X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
    I haven't had any Blu-Ray movies that made my PS3 update... I was able to play Avatar just fine without updating the firmware.
    What firmware version are you on?

I was on 2.4x, and had to update to play the Star Trek Blu-ray. A error message popped up when I tried to play telling me to do it.

To be fair, 2.4x at that time was already a really old version, more than a year old I think. I don't have Avatar yet, so I'm not sure if I need to go beyond my current 3.15 version.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Another thing I'm looking for, and the Move can do this along with Kinect, is head tracking. This gives a better 3D experience than wearing glasses IMO. Something like what you see in this video:

Using the infrared camera in the Wii remote and a head mounted sensor bar (two IR LEDs), you can accurately track the location of your head and render view d...

Skip to 2:30 if you're impatient.

The guy in the video now works for Microsoft though, possibly on Kinect, so I would definitely like to see something like this, perhaps on FPS shooters (it would be great if you can physically peek around the wall, or from behind cover)

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Also, I have to add that with the Xbox 360 "Slim", if it is indeed quieter and as quiet as the PS3, then a Blu-ray drive or Blu-ray add-on finally makes sense.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Speaking of firmware, saw a post on another forum where the owner of a Samsung TV managed to get the firmware delivered to him along with a free 2GB USB drive when he told Samsung support that he couldn't download or install the firmware.

Comment

• DataPeople
            Custom web design service
            • Jul 2010

Hi,

Nice post. I appreciate.

Thanks

Comment

Working...