X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Demonoid Goes From .COM to .ME

Demonoid has switched to a .me domain name for fear that its .com domain name could be seized by US Homeland Security. This is after the US government, along with the DoJ, Homeland Security and ICE seized more than 80 domains last week as part of a massive online piracy and counterfeiting crackdown.

With the domain seizures requiring little in the way of due process, with no trials, no warning, and little avenue for appeal, it is expected that many torrent related websites will move away from US dominated .com domains to other domain names that are harder for the US government to seize.

Alternative DNS system, that can't be controlled by the US government, has been set up in the past few weeks to counter the threat of domain seizures, and future US plans to block websites via the controversial COICA bill.

More:

Demonoid, one of the most prominent BitTorrent sites on the Internet, is ditching its .COM domain. In an announcement today the world's biggest semi-private tracker says it will move to a .ME domain with immediate effect. The move comes as no surprise since both the MPAA and RIAA listed Demonoid in their recent submissions of "notorious markets" for pirate material.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...