This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwaysblue
    • Jan 2003

Both Bush and Hussein are selfish morons, the problem here is that they both are protected while others are dying!!

Comment

• Cruise1230

Do you remember??

I've read most of the posts here and a have a few comments and facts to interject.

1. Cruise missiles cost the US $600,000 each not 10 million $'s.

2.Here is a website to find out what President Bush has really done for the State of Texas http://www.tded.state.tx.us/TXoverview/. Not to shabby!

3. bin laden is still being hunted by 1000 troops of the 82nd Airborne. Evidently he has not been forgoten about. (Fox News Channel)

4.France has offered to join the war if and only if chemical or biological weapons are used. Another note about France ; they are trying to broker a deal for the exile of Hussein to a small country in Northern Africa. (Washington Times)

4. A link to the "Real Reason the UN would not back the US, UK, Spain, Ireland and many other countries. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/13/opinion/13SAFI.html

The above 2 facts were not meant to make anyone mad but to prove that you must learn to think for yourself and not rely on what you have heard on CNN as fact.

By no means am I a so called "Pro War", by the contrary I think war is a terrible thing. I too am a father.

I feel sad for the loss of life in Iraq (both by the coalition forces and by Iraq civilian) But again I challenge you to think w/an open mind. How many civilian Iraq people are killied a year by Sadam?

One final comment.

No one ever thought something like 9/11 would happen and it did. The unthinkable can and has happened. Do you remember??

"Whatever is, is in its causes just."
      Å’dipus. Act iii. Sc. 1.)

Comment

• alwaysblue
        • Jan 2003

I'll agree with one thing..............the one who has killed the most muslims is a muslim himself...............Saddam Hussein......and this is a fact!!! But the U.S. is a world leader and should set an example, right now he is setting a very poor example by ignoring the U.N. and staging this war, it is not his right to do so!!!!

Comment

• gd_nimrod
          • Nov 2002

We should stop calling Arabic people Muslims because we shouldn't blame a religion for whatever reason; rather a culture if you INSIST on blaming.
          Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
          http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
          http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Saddam Hussein is a despot, he is a dictator who has massacared and tortured his own people.

Nonetheless, it's important to keep in mind that for many years he was America's buddy. Yes, you can still find pictures of Saddam and Rumsfeld sp? shaking hands. At that time he was still torturing and murdering Iraqi's.

I would like to believe that the US and Britain have set out to liberate Iraq. However, even Iraqi's (who are suffering under Saddam) realize this is not the case. It is a hypocritical "war"---a quest for oil hidden under the guise of "liberty for all". That is why the world and billions of people oppose this unjust and unjustifiable war. In fact it is not a war, it is unprovoked aggression. Saddam is no threat to the US. He has no weapons of mass destruction (Verified by the UN). Just a quick note, the only nation in the world that has used WMD's is the US itself.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To young batman

"Just a quick note, the only nation in the world that has used WMD's is the US itself."

I believe you'd find that the surviving relatives of the hundreds of thousands of both Kurds and Iranians killed by chemical "Weapons of Mass Destruction" just might disagree with you.

Additionally, mustard gas (as were its derivatives) was used extensively by BOTH sides in World War I.

Last but not least, I guess one might say that US jetliners were "creatively used" as such weapons on 9/11/01...

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

To Setarip

I have taken note of your post.

What I meant to say, was the US was the first state to use Nuclear weapons in war.

While on the subject of chemical weapons. You will probably not be surprised to learn that these chemical weapons were supplied to Iraq by the US itself. The US also supported Iraq throughout the Iran-Iraq War.

Comment

• t3ch
                  H4x0r of Gibsons
                  • Mar 2003

I'm sure I'm gonna get a bunch of crap for this, but I think some things need to be said (and rather long windedly).

I just got done watching CNN and what really suprises me is how many troops surendered today!
                  They don't want to die anymore than our troops do. It's a fight against the hussein administration, not the people of iraq, or even to an extent, the iraqi military (many men are FORCED to join).

I'm baffled.............why is it so hard for the american adminstration to realize that the world wants peace through intelligent methods not by bombardment??
                  Name anyone who is gung ho for war. I don't see world leaders chatting and saying "hey, they're doing something bad, lets go kick their ass". What do you propose we do then if you think it's so absurd. "Hey Saddam, the entire world agrees you should be out of office. Come on dude, get out of office" OHHH, ok, fine then, I'll step down. WAKE UP, this guy is crazy, there is no "intelligent" negotiation with him

...They have no idea if I American or any other nationality could be in that building...
                  Are you proposing we send in some scouts to make sure that every building is clear before we bomb it? Sounds like a plan. (jk)

... The Iraqis to my knowledge have no way to even get a bomb over here without using our means of transportation.... Believe me if they did they wouldn't have used our own civilian planes to hit the Twin Towers!... What countries has he bombed? (besides the 9-11 attacks...
                  Some of you seem to be confused. Iraq DID NOT bomb the twin towers. Last I checked those wer terrorists. And what do you mean "besides"?!?! Are you saying "Oh, well he only bombed the twin towers, if that's all he did I guess we can let it slide"?! This crazy dictator is funding obviously ACTIVE terrorism campaigns and is harboring them in his country! Not only is he harboring people who would do such evil things, but while he funds them and protects them, he's killing, raping, and gassing his OWN people! As for you not knowing if he had the means of getting a bomb over here... Maybe you should watch the "saddams military capability" channel on direct tv, it's quite informative. He isn't gonna let other people know what his retalitory or even offensive capabilites are.

The thing is: Yall voted for Bush in the first place... Me here in Holland can not vote for the socalled 'World leader' wich sux, How can you vote for a president if you know what he did in Texas??
                  HAHAHA EXACTLY. I voted for Gore, so half of America can take some of the blame themselves. Gore should have won anyways

He has no weapons of mass destruction (Verified by the UN).
                  You've got to be kidding... The inspectors didn't do jack crap, the UN will even admit it! I don't ever remember the UN saying "OK, he's definately clean". To me it seems pretty obvious he's hiding weapons. Inspectors were delayed at several buildings. They were supposed to have 100% unrestricted access to any and everything. They had armed iraqi guards with them the whole time.
                  inspector: I need to inspect that building
                  guard1: uhm... you can't go in right now... it's uhm... dirty
                  ins: ....
                  g2: psst, we're done "cleaning"
                  g1: ok you can go in now

I have more to say but I figure this post is long enough, I'll retalliate more later.

As a side note, it should be said I'm not pro-war, but I am pro-action. If something needs to be done (which it does), I'm for it. Both of my parents as well as my step dad in the military, so don't give me any crap about the value of human life; I know many soldiers.
                  OGSTH! my webpage
                  ----------------------------
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• alwaysblue
                    • Jan 2003

I suggest to the previous poster to visit media sites other than CNN and american based stations, it will give you an idea of what the rest of the world is saying. Get back to you later!!

Comment

• Batman
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2002

American Media (FOX NEWS, CNN, etc...) has fused itself with the American goverment, it's a megaphone for propaganda. Yes watching Fox News and CNN reminds me of state run television....we will prevail! resistance is futile!

Due to that, most Americans are getting a one-sided, unbalanaced picture of world events.

Actually, El-baradi in his report explicitly told the Council Iraq no longer posseses WMD's. Yes the UN inspector process was working.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2003

Sorry for the lack of terminology but what does "WMD" mean?

Comment

• Batman
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2002

WMD=Weapons of Mass Destruction

Comment

• t3ch
                            H4x0r of Gibsons
                            • Mar 2003

Always blue, for your information I have read several articles from foreign mediums. I myself in another forum board told people the very same thing you told me... no need to go there when you don't know what my sources are. As a side note, I wasn't completely supporting this war. I'm just against peacenicks who think everything can be solved through words; some people just have to be smacked around. Bush only had my support half heartedly at the beginning, and he's getting less and less the farther we go.

The farther into this we get the more worried I become. My friend asked me "what happens when we get to baghdad? Wouldn't surprise me if saddam had the whole place wired with chemical weapons and was just waiting for us to get there". It's a bit far stretched, but somethnig of this sort (most likely on a smaller scale) wouldn't surprise me; and then all hell would break loose. I doubt saddam would care if he drags the rest of the world into this, and the second half of this war is already gonna be to reconcile with our allies and the UN.

edit >> anyone happen to know who runs CNN?
                            Last edited by t3ch; 25 Mar 2003, 07:02 AM.
                            OGSTH! my webpage

Comment

• Batman
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2002

t3ch, no offense but you seem to be confused.

Comment

• t3ch
                                H4x0r of Gibsons
                                • Mar 2003

I'm not confused in the least, you're probably jsut reading into my first post too much.

Anyways, as an update, russians were found selling/repairing iraqi GPS devices...
                                OGSTH! my webpage

Comment

Working...