X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfcrule1972
    Liverpool 'til I die......
    • Nov 2003

Fines for Tapping Up

Ok first story is the entirely predictable fines for Chelski (£300k) Mourinho (£200k) and Cole (£100k) for the tapping up affair. The funniest thing is Cole's lawyer trying to justify the "chat" on the radio this am. I have some sympathy with Cole but they are the rules and he must have expected trouble meeting in a hotel in central London...

Liverpool want Zenden

Mmmm not sure about this one - I thought winning the CL would help us attract quality players

Kaladze 'poised for Chelsea move'

Whooooooo ?

Campbell Shrugs off Injury fears

Thank goodness for him and Arsenal that he wasn't seriously injured in the pointless friendly game of "Soccer" in the States...
    "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Ashley Cole should accept the fine, apologise to fans and sack his agent. Otherwise his future at the club is a big doubt. The fine Chelsea got was ridiculous considering how much money they got. In the end, only Arsenal are the losers in this thing, and it would have been fair to make Chelsea pay us a few million for compensation.

I guess it was right for Wenger to leave out Campbell for the FA Cup final after all, but you're right, International friendlies are completely useless.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• lfcrule1972
        • Nov 2003

Well friendlies against the USA seem to be an easy way for the Beckhams to promote themselves.... like they need any help in that department

Todays news.....

Chelsea poised to sign Del Horno So who will it be Del Horno or Kaladze ?

Reina nearing switch to Liverpool Personally I prefer Kirkland to the three mentioned here - given an injury free run he could be truly great.

Bosman pledges to help Cole cause Looks like Bosman is keen to ignore the fact that these are the rules in England....

Adriano rules out move to Chelsea Surely not ! A football player not motivated by money.......

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Unfortunately, Kirkland is the Jonathan Woodgate of goalkeepers

Ashley Cole is really starting to get on my nerves. Now he claims that there is some kind of French conspiracy at the club, yet he claims Vieira supported him in his struggle for <strike>freedom from slavery</strike> more money. This after first claiming he "accidentally" met Kenyon and Mourinho, and then claiming (or he scum of an agent claiming) he wasn't even there. And his agent, Barnett, also claims Arsenal renegged on a 60k deal and changed it to 55k at the last minute, hence prompting the hotel visit, which is completely false based on what I've heard from reliable sources. What could have happened was that Cole had agreed to a 55k pw deal, but at the last minute, Barnett demanded a up front payment of 750k cash for his services from Arsenal. Arsenal politely refused saying that Barnett represents Cole, not Arsenal, so why should we pay him anything? Then Barnett comes up with a brilliant idea to get more money by convincing Cole he should go to Chelsea instead. Scumbag!!

Cole's lawyer is not much better either. Apparently, Cole has a legal bill of over a million pounds for this case. If Cole had just accepted the charges like a man, there would have been no need for this at all. His lawyers are probably tricking him into taking a defensive position on the matter and going for the appeal, so they can rip more money off him. Serves him right though.

Then there is Chelsea, also first claiming there wasn't a meeting, then claiming that Mourinho wasn't there and now claiming they either wanted to meet Ashley Cole to see how tall he was (!!) or they wanted to hear him bad mouth Arsenal (I guess that would be more entertaining than watching Chelsea play football) and that they never intended to sign Cole in the first place (that should please Ashley - nice bunch of people he got involved with). If Chelsea were a proper club, they would come out, accept all responsibility, pay the insignificant fine and they would be that. Instead, they tried to shift all blame on Cole, which says all you need to know about this club.

It's all lies after lies after lies.

I hope Cole is sold this summer, and there is no doubt he will regret all his actions just like every other player that has left Arsenal for more money (Overmars, Petit, Anelka, etc..).

Comment

• lfcrule1972
            • Nov 2003

Apparently he Cole thinks his career is over at Arsenal now admin, click here for BBC story.

What does he expect ? He got greedy, got caught, lied, lied some more, insulted the club and his team mates, the board and then expects a welcome back Ashley..... I don't think so....

Unfortunately, Kirkland is the Jonathan Woodgate of goalkeepers
            Thats harsh - I don't think he has any of Woodgate's "problems" nor do I think he has ever visited any South American Countries

More news....

Spurs to lodge Chelski complaint.... Looks like they don't learn lol !!

I also heard that Peter Kenyon is leaving Chelsea to open a new restaurant...... Apparently its a "Tapas" bar !!! rofl Sorry.....

United sign Van der sar Not sure what Oriphus is going to make of that.....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Van der Sar is a good goalkeeper, but at 34, it feels like "Lehmannish" signing to me.

List of things Chelski have done this last season:

* Stole Robben from Man U (maybe)
              * Abandoning Mutu, and then subsequently demand money for this transfer
              * Wild accusations about the ref during the Barcelona game from Mourinho
              * Then missed the press conference and subsequently banned
              * But that doesn't stop him from using a head piece to communicate with the bench
              * Misses the press conference again, but nothing done about it
              * Tap up Steven Gerrard
              * Tap up Ashley Cole
              * Tap up Rio Ferdinand
              * Stole Obi Mikel from Man U
              * Tap up Arnesen

And this list doesn't even include all the lies they've put out, and of course, the many things that we don't even know about. The Premier League should just relegate them now, give the title to Arsenal, Man U get the automatic Champions League qualification place, and then the fourth CL place goes to Liverpool - this way, everyone is happy

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

United sign Van der sar Not sure what Oriphus is going to make of that.....
                Im happy i guess that we have a first choice keeper for a couple of years. Van der Sar has proven himself as one of the top keepers in the premiership and has even frustrated United this season. I think he will make an ideal choice for a few years. I know he has the whole age thing now, but his experience, both in the premiership and in Italy, will no doubt show him for the good keeper he is. Still....i feel the search is on for a permanent Iker like keeper (Madrid) who's in their mid 20's and who is at the top of their game. Maybe a Buffon in his younger days as well?

Stole Robben from Man U (maybe)
                I agree with that. Especially after stealing Peter Kenyan who i have no respect at all for. Someone who i clearly only motivated by money. He will never be welcome in Manchester, and ill carry a spare egg in my pocket anytime im in London....

Tap up Steven Gerrard
                Tap up Ashley Cole
                Tap up Rio Ferdinand
                Yeah, they kep persisting with illegal methods of negotiating with players. I agree that Barnett is a completely As*hole with the way he is acting over the entire thing. Cole is getting into beg trouble over it i feel. Ferdinand is unlikely to go as i think he has just signed for another 2 year extension.

Stole Obi Mikel from Man U
                Another player i feel i have no respect for either. The rubbish he came out at the press conference was ridiculous. Obviously at the time, Man United were the best offer and he jumped in for. You have probably done it yourself when buying things on Ebay. Now he's trying to get out of the deal he made. Its a disgrace. Robben did it, Mikel looks like doing it, and if he didnt and does come to United, he wont get a warm welcome from the fans for a while.

Tap up Arnesen
                I hope Spurs do it right and make sure they are given the £1 million + compensation they are due and also the 2 year ban from action that they can impose on him if he does go to Chelsea.

Chelsea are ruining the way in which football operates i think. In fact, as soon as PLC's came into it, football started to go down the route of money making instead of all the money going into the club. I wish other fans of United had of reacted quick enough. We needed 75 million true fans to buy £10 worth of shares in United and we would have owned the club. Only £10!!! Ok, its a bit far fetched that 75 million are out there, but if we had of got enough to get 50% of the club, including these people who have bought millions of pounds of shares in shareholders united. All those people that call themselves true United fans around the world, arent true fans to me. I put in a lot of money to try to get the club back into the fans control. When i joined, Shareholders United, we only had 8% of the club, i think now we still have around 18%.

Think of it like this. Why not buy your son, daughter, husband, wife, friend, who supports United, £40 worth of shares, instead of the new Football shirt. It really does make me wonder. My mate is a huge United fan, yet he did nothing.

Apparetly United are signing another striker:
                http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• Oriphus
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Aug 2003

Oh...and i like your ideas on what should happen to chelsea lol

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                    • Nov 2003

I agree with Oriphus - the Chelsea suggestion is superb

Ferdinand is unlikely to go as i think he has just signed for another 2 year extension.
                    I thought he was considering a move to Barcelona ? Still if he has signed a 2 year extension it was obviously just speculation.

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

Not sure mate, my girlfriend has been ill recently and my heads away with it, but i thought that Ferdinand had signed??

CHris

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        • Nov 2003

Sorry to hear about Mrs Oriphus - hope all is ok now tho

Erm not sure about Rio now - will try and find the link on a footie page and post it up for you - basically it was all rumour but it was saying that Barca want him and thats why he has been stalling on a Man Utd contract....

News 7/6/05

Spurs wheel and deal Somehow I knew this wasn't as straightforward as it seemed

Cole launches appeal I wonder if he would do better to let this lie - I think the FA may get narked at this....

Souness denies charge Another no hoper - his face is enough to earn a disrepute charge

UEFA decision close I daren't hope that UEFA do the decent thing and let us defend the European Cup...
                        Last edited by lfcrule1972; 7 Jun 2005, 05:35 PM.

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

It seems Ashley Cole just doesn't want to take any responsibility for anything. I am getting a feeling that he might stay (for at least another season), and that a lot of his quotes in the media (especially about how bad Arsenal have treated him) are made up.

As for the Liverpool CL situation, didn't some Welsh club offer to give up their spot if Liverpool can beat them in a one off game?

Spurs Want Duo For Frank - A good deal if Chelski agrees.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                            • Nov 2003

The Welsh champions did offer that and it would help out UEFA but the FAW wouldn't let their team give up the 1st Qualifying round position - so its all in the air still.

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                              Digital Video Technician
                              Digital Video Technician
                              • Aug 2003

United might be looking at buying Park Ji-sung from PSV this summer. He's a pretty good player and it might be to help increase the Asia following of Man Utd.

Marco Van Basten has praised us for buying Van der Sar saying that he is a top keeper and one of the best in the premiership.

We have also lost Gardner, our Chairman from the club. Glazers 3 sons have joined the board as non-executive directors, leads me to believe that the purchasing of Man Utd was the will of one of the sons, since i believe that they were always more interested in soccer than the dad.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                                • Nov 2003

and apparently Barca are after Henry again...

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

Working...