• Nov 2001

Another great weekend for Chelsea
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

Yeah, i havent composed myself to say anything regarding Man Utd as yet. I'll post my feelings tomorrow

lol @ Liverpool Aquad selector
      http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Well, United are in dire straits at the minute. Im hoping that something will go right for us on Sunday. Even if Wayne Rooney is on form, which he wasnt on Wednesday, we would do a lot better. What we need is a defense that can handle a strong Chelsea. We havent got one. I think we need Ferdinand and Brown in the centre, Silvestre as left back and Bardsley as right back. In the midfield i would like to see Ronaldo, and Park as wingers, and Smith and someone in the middle. I wouldnt really like our central midfilders to be smith and fletcher, but really, who else is there? Up front Rudd and Rooney.

Please let us win lol

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I am hoping that Man United win, as does most Arsenal fans. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of luck (or a dodgy decision by the ref that favours the home side, which does seem to happen a lot at Old Trafford ), and I am hoping that Man United will get all the breaks, and that Chelsea will get none. I predict a freak deflected own goal, and a Rooney wonder goal to seal a 2-0 victory for Man United.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Fletcher!!!!!!

Brilliant.

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

Excellent for Man Utd and Arsenal at the weekend. I didnt see the Arsenal match, but Im so happy after the United one.

Fletcher has been a big disappointment this season, but he's certainly made me think twice about giving him a hard time after his headed pass come goal. Excellent!! United were the stronger side for the 1st half of that match, and i think the deserved winners overall. We showed some of the character i think we have lost of recent years. Our reserve defence coped very well with the heavy onslaught from Chelsea after about 10minutes into the 2nd half. it was backs to the post.

However, i think a few players seem to make it happen for us. Ronaldop and Rooney looked very threatning on the ball. Rudd was competent throughout though missed a sitter unfortunately which lead to our need to defend as stringently.

I think Chelsea were definitely strong opponents and they played very well, but i think United were the overall deserved winners of that game. Its also worth pointing out that we would have most likely had a better performance against Chelsea, had we Keane, Neville and Heinze in the side. If we beat Wigan, the points gap is 7....

Oh, hearing rumours about big Patrick coming back tot he premiership, though i doubt he will be coming to the rumoured United after the comments he made about Rudd in his book...Baptista for Cole on the cards?? I wouldnt like that.

Michael Ballack coming to United in January or June, now that would be good news. Add in Cicinho and another strong player (kaka lol) and we'll be flying...

Chris

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                Liverpool 'til I die......
                • Nov 2003

Hiya - yeah great win for the Mancs on Sunday, couldn't actually bring myself to support them as a true red but wasn't sad that they won either !!! Jose makes me laugh every match at the moment.....

@admin - yeah I was sent the squad selector as well, funny isn't it ? Got another one of Stevie G after the CL final that makes me laugh too... will check my home pc for it tonight
                "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                  Liverpool 'til I die......
                  • Nov 2003

Hopefully this will get back up to speed after the break for friendlies......

I see Ballack is getting some stick for not signing away his life to Bayern :lol:

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

and this is great too
                  But Beckenbauer said: "I know Manchester United and AC Milan are in the hunt, but Michael will only improve himself by going to Madrid."

German legend Beckenbauer added: "Anywhere else and it will not be a step up.
                  "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• Oriphus
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Aug 2003

The old "There is no Soccer Thread in the Off Topics Forum" popped up again there lol...

Well, an interesting weekend. Great results for United, Arsenal and Liverpool, though Arsenal did have a tough time with Wigan. United were all over Charlton for most of the 1st half and a lot of the second. It was a good performance on the back of the very disappointing news of Roy Keanes departure who i feel will be sorely missed.

Comment

• Jonezy
                      • Nov 2005

well well found another place that i can have a gud natter with ppl bout the football!!

if it would let me put an avatar on u would all see im a devout United and a member of IMUSA.

Tonight's game
                      things seem to be finally lukin up for united! Villareal tonight could very well prove to be a stumbling block in our plans though. not the perfect team you would hope to play in the champions league when you HAVE to win. True united can lose and still have a hope of going through but for that to happen benfica have to beat lille and how likely is that?? not very!

a plus is that Juan Roman Riquelme is unlikely to play.

Roy Keane
                      well wot can i say? a couple of years ago i could never had imagined the day when roy keane left manchester united, it just didnt seem right!
                      but now it doesnt seem too bad. he was past his prime and getting hit by injuries but roy keane will always be a part of manchester united!!
                      from the past few games, especially against chelsea, alan smith is looking excellent in roy's place, but who will fergie be buying in january??

i'll be back on tonight when i return from the game for hopefully a happy chat about it!!

Comment

• Oriphus
                        Digital Video Technician
                        Digital Video Technician
                        • Aug 2003

Yes...another United man, glad to see it. What a performance on Sunday afternoon. We were an outstanding team at times. Really good quality of passing and i think we were unlucky not to have about 4 goals in that match.

Deservebly back in 2nd position and only 7 points behind Chelsea if we factor in the game at hand and a win out of that.

Alan Smith was looking good again in Roy Keanes position, though i hear rumours that it is most likely that we will sign Duscher in January. Also seeing reports that we wont actually sign Michael Ballack. Somehow i think this is another big mistake by Alex Ferguson. Remember when the fans all wanted Ronaldinho to come to club and we couldnt muster that up and ended up with Kleberson, im beginning to feel that this could be another Kleberson move

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

Keane's "retirement" was a bit of shock for me - especially after he had said all those things, and then the good result against Chelsea.

Anyway, the league positions are starting to look more normal, now that Charlton (collapsing earlier than usual) and Wigan are out of the top 3. If Arsenal or Man U go on a run of wins, and beat Chelsea (you've done your bit, so it's up to us now), then I think this could turn into a real title race.

It's funny to see Arsenal and Man U's Champions League routines being switched - we're the ones that quality early and easily (and also get the easier group, I must add), and you're the ones struggling to qualify (although I think you will).

But for us, the real positive has been the emergence of van Persie as a goal scoring machine (8 in the last 8 games, several of them only substitute appearances, and scoring the important first goal when he starts games). The goal against Blackburn was one of the best this season. The frequency of his scoring is simple amazing (1 goal per 121 minutes, comparable to that of van Nistelrooy, 119 minute per goal - Premier League stats only. For all comps for which he has scored 10 goals, van Persie is at 88 minutes per goal!).

If he and Henry can keep this run going, I can see them getting 40 to 50 goals together this season. Still can't believe how good Henry is (a goal every 84 minutes, 77 minutes in all comps) - you just know he will score if he gets some space, and he must score 50% of his free kicks. I still think the signs are there he will sign a contract extension, but you are never sure until they put pen to paper.
                          Last edited by admin; 30 Nov 2005, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

Yeah Thierry Henry is definitely a top striker. No goals this weekend though. I can't really see Van Persie netting 50 goals in a season to be honest, maybe 30 is possible. Rudd Van Nistelrooy is looking pretty solid at the minute. Doing a lot of work on and off the ball to create chances. United are playing well these last few games, and more importantly they seem to be scoring.

Chelsea v Liverpool tonight. Its a tough call, and it could go either way. Both sides are playing down the importance of the match and saying that they are concentrating on the league games instead. My opinion.... a load of rubbish. They are definitely both going to try hard for a win.

As for United...its a must win tomorrow night. We need to beat Benfica to guarantee qualification. We don't want to rely on other results to go through and ideally we want to finish top of the group, which i think we still can. Rooney has been solid and now with Scholes back on the Score Sheet netting his first goal since early 2005, I think the buzz from the United camp will be strong.

Roll on tomorrow...

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

I can't really see Van Persie netting 50 goals in a season to be honest, maybe 30 is possible
                              I was actually saying that Henry and van Persie combined could get 50 goals. Not too many players can get 50 goals a season, unless they play in Holland or something.

We were pretty bad against Bolton, even worse than usual. I just hope we can win our next two away games, although I won't be surprised if we don't.

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

We're continuing to slip up and Liverpool are looking like the strong 2nd place team, not Arsenal and not Man Utd. Its been a disappointing Month so far. I think we have lost any chance we had of winning the premiership. 12 points behind, though 9 I hope after tonights game, leaves us needing Chelsea to loose 3 games or loose a couple and draw a good few. They have shown no signs of doing that so far this season, but it is possible i guess.

If we dont win tonight, I think its all over.

Chris

Comment

Working...