What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I did watch it, why else would I say its HORRIBLE?

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

what kinda surprises me is some of the lesser known b-rated movies IMO are as good as or better than some of the highly rated movies. jmo

Comment

• XBurner
        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
        I did watch it, why else would I say its HORRIBLE?
        I knew it would be horrible just from the previews... didn't have to waste my money on that.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

@tig "what kinda surprises me is some of the lesser known b-rated movies IMO are as good as or better than some of the highly rated movies"

not only your opinion and mine, but fact!

p.s congrats, your "lordship"

@xburner. it's true. whoever made up that phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover shoulda been punched in the mouth" cause you bloody well can.(sometimes at least)
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
            what kinda surprises me is some of the lesser known b-rated movies IMO are as good as or better than some of the highly rated movies. jmo
            Totally agree. To many highly rated films are actually Hollywood rubbish. Too many are inferior remakes nowaways (particular from Japanese films). Hollywood cannot come up original stories anymore.

I like submarine films (Crimson Tide, Hunt for Red October and Das Boot being my favs). A B rated film called Below came straight to DVD and bypassed the cinema in the UK. It went to DVD in most European Countries. It is one of the best submarine films I have seen.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

i'm going to check on below and das boot, i like those sub flicks too. i just bought u-571---pretty good one too.
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                i'm going to check on below and das boot, i like those sub flicks too. i just bought u-571---pretty good one too.
                Das Boot (The Boat) was orginally a six part miniseries in Germany. It takes aboard a U boat. On DVD there is the 4 hour film version and also the uncut 5 hour miniseies.

U 571 was good and I liked how they put elements of WW II history in the film. They did not rewrite history like many complained about. The only thing I noticed is the actual U 571 sunk about two years later. It has a cracking DTS audio track.

Below is also set in WW II. The war and the submarine not really part of the story. It has more of a drama/ x files story to it. I hope that isn't too much.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

thanx for the synopsis, i'll check them out when i have time. i'm running out of things i'd like to watch these days.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

thanx for the synopsis, i'll check them out when i have time. i'm running out of things i'd like to watch these days.
                    It should be cheap as well.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ty, but are you suggesting i'm poor?
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

ty, but are you suggesting i'm poor?

It is has been out for ages so it should be discounted.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

good dodge but i am poor. everyone knows that
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• XBurner
                            • Aug 2005

@xburner. it's true. whoever made up that phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover shoulda been punched in the mouth" cause you bloody well can.(sometimes at least)
                            Damn straight. =)

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by nwg
                              I like submarine films (Crimson Tide, Hunt for Red October and Das Boot being my favs).
                              I watched "The Hunt for Red October" last night. I agree, very good movie!! I like Sean Connery.

A little trivia, did you know Sean Connery got 3rd place for Mr. Universe in 1950 ?

He is the 4th one from the left in the white shorts (in the middle):

Last edited by jmet; 19 Aug 2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• nwg
                                Left *****
                                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by jmet
                                A little trivia, did you know Sean Connery got 3rd place for Mr. Universe in 1950 ?

He is the 4th one from the left in the white shorts (in the middle):

Yep. He came third in the tall man's division..

He does have a habit of letting his scottish accent to come out. It even happened when he played a spaniard in Highlander.

Comment

Working...