What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
    U 571 was good ... It has a cracking DTS audio track.
    You betchya. Probably the best to test your big subbie out on.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by blutach
      You betchya. Probably the best to test your big subbie out on.

Regards

Thing is, real depth charges don't sound like they do in the film. It is Hollywood making the film as loud as possibe. Fine by me

I have the R1 as it is the proper 2:35:1 picture ratio. The R2 was cropped to 1:85:1 and looks awful.

More trivia.

Did you know that Harvey Keitel was a member of the US Marine Corps when he was younger?

Comment

• lfcrule1972
        Liverpool 'til I die......
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
        i liked hide and seek, as predictable as it was...your right though there is so much crap being made these days. the best thing i've seen recently was war of the worlds....i'll definetly buy it when it's released...
        Well just an update - the Mrs and I watched this at the weekend and both really enjoyed it !! I read the book years ago and was pleasantly surprised that the story wasn't altered too much. Special effects were superb and the noise the Tripods made was quite chilling.....

Great film even if I did have to explain the ending bit twice to the Mrs !! Thanks for the recommendation Lieutenant !
        "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

I just got around to getting/watching Coach Carter with Samuel L. Jackson. Good movie and based on a true story. I don't remember it happening though.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

@ifcrule

"Great film even if I did have to explain the ending bit twice to the Mrs !! Thanks for the recommendation Lieutenant ! "

told ya so!, i'm waiting for the dvd now--wonder what they might "bundle it with"

@jm1647

funny you mention that movie i went to a corner store here on the weekend and rented it. i opened up the case as i was about to put it in the player, looked at the disc and saw it was FULLSCREEN! i coulda smashed it to pieces! i went right back and exchanged it for "the forgotten"(widescreen). they didn't have bloody widescreen for coach carter . i gave the clerk a few words too.
            like i always said, all fullscreen movies should be smashed.

i think i would have prefered coach carter, the forgotten was one of the biggest pieces of crap i've seen this year just like life aquatic.

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

My most hated movie is anything with Vin Diesel in it

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

i can't say i care for him either....

i also watched this old b or maybe d movie called "sleepaway camp" (1983)has anyone seen this filth?

i like cheap b horror flicks like the friday the 13th's but this was such crap and the ending...you need to have your vomit bag for this movie. they should use this as a interrogation technique at gitmo bay
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
                  I like most of his films.

Fast and the Furious (cracking DTS audio)
                  Pitch Black (cracking DTS audio)
                  Chronicles of Riddick (very dune like)

Even XXX as a no brainer popcorn flick.

I will however, keep away from The Pacifier.

i like cheap b horror flicks like the friday the 13th's
                  I have them all as they are a guilty pleasure of mine. I like numbers 1, 6 and 8 best. I am going to like any film that kills of Kevin Bacon in a bloody way.

I also particularly like Freddy v Jason as I like the NOES films. I wanted Freddy to win though.

Comment

• BR7
                    He is coming to your little town!
                    • Aug 2005

I know a lot of people that like him.I just dont think he can act and everytime he speaks it sounds as if he is reading rather then talking to someone

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

cool, it's almost impossible for me to find someone who likes the friday's

well i have 1-7. my favorites are pt2, pt4(always liked corey feldman) and pt5+6 i like the pseudo echo and alice cooper soundtracks...
                      actually the first one is pretty good too. i feel the same with kevin bacon as you do vin. i don't like and didn't buy the rest because i hate that 8 is in manhattan(it's supposed to be in the woods!), pt9 was the dumbest one of all(even you have to admit that) and ten, in space? i just shook my head after watching it. but they set it up back at a campground for part 11(you gotta know it's coming right?)

never did care for freddy, although i did buy freddy vs jason (for jason) and i was rooting for himbut this movie doesn't compare to the early ones at all.

@br7, that is so true at least in "fvj". i noticed that immediately.
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 23 Aug 2005, 06:44 AM.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

I will always be a Freddy over Jason fan as I have been watching the NOES films longer.

I particularly liked Wes Craven's New Nightmare and its film inside a film aspect. Also, I like Robert Englund having nightmares about Freddy.

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by BR7
                          I admit I'm not much of a Vin Desiel fan either but, "Knockaround Guys" was good.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

oh my god, forget vin diesel, i can't STAND that meatball seth green!
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                              Left *****
                              • Jun 2003

I also quite liked his A Man Apart film.

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Seth Green is awesome! I absolutely loved him in Austin Powers as Dr. Evil's son!!

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
                                Last edited by jmet; 23 Aug 2005, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...