What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Thanks for the reply on War of the worlds LT. And I will definitely give Frailty a look you havent steered me wrong yet thanks for all your great movie recommendations

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
      Slightly Stupid
      • Aug 2004

frailty was actually a very good movie and I usually hate Paxton. it surprized the hell out of me that I liked it. really a creative film.
      Just watched Jet li's Evil Cult and I think if you like the Old style Kung-fu movie this is really worth a watch, yes I'm directing this to nwg
      I think it's you, me and BR7 as far as martial arts films so you two rent it and tell me what you think.
      I'm going to watch Night Patrol now, BR7 rec I believe. let you know what I think and give me a good title to rent next on the same line as a great martial arts film to rent.
      Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
      I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

ok so I just finished watching Night Patrol and it was ok. I liked the fact that they had the Unknown Comic in it. He's the bag head from the old days of the Gong Show. never liked his "one liner" humor but good for abit of nestalgia. A young Andrew Dice is bouncing in and out of frame. and the fact that at one point the directors thought it wise to throw the cops in black face(yes, they actually used a method popularized in the silent film period) and sent them into a Jazz bar where they went relitively undetected. The movie is ridiculous but I'm always a sucker for cheap laughs. they blend the 4 sure things that make a USA up all night movie. Grainy film quality, boobs, midgets, and fart jokes. this movies got all those ingredients and ppl, the midget is a farting midget which in essense makes him the funniest midget ever. I can't say anything else about this, I'm spent.
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Anybody else suprised by Stealth, better than I expected.
          Has anyone bought a new tosh progressive scan player
          recently? My old ones(non-progressive) zoom feature is to
          die for, takes true wide screen and makes half the black bars disappear.

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Just watched Jet li's Evil Cult and I think if you like the Old style Kung-fu movie this is really worth a watch, yes I'm directing this to nwg
            I haven't seen that for years and don't remember much about it. I noticed it is available to rent at Amazon. I think I have to watch it again. Actually, it is only £3.97 to buy it.

I want to see Stealth. It is one I want to rent first and doesn't come out in the UK until January. The trailer looks good. It does look like a good popcorn film.

I also have War of the Worlds coming soon.

Comment

• BR7
              • Aug 2005

Thanks DAFT I will check out Evil Cult.As for Night Patrol I agree with what you said I enjoyed it none the less I have always liked slapstick lol.
              @rbrtpl
              I have the Toshiba SD-4900 and it is great it has zoom and it has progressive scan and it plays PAL and is compatible with a lot of blank media I am looking to get a new one I have a link in the Macrovision-Free Forums its the concerned JVC post
              Last edited by BR7; 21 Nov 2005, 11:36 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

by daft: (night patrol)
                Grainy film quality, boobs, midgets, and fart jokes. this movies got all those ingredients and ppl, the midget is a farting midget which in essense makes him the funniest midget ever. I can't say anything else about this, I'm spent

sounds excellent...right up my alley. i'm going to look for this one.
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• snappel01
                  • Aug 2005

Napoleon Dynamite and Open Water are tied!!!!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

never seen dynamite...i'd like to though, but i own open water and actually enjoyed it! go figure
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

Napoleon Dynamite wasn't bad but its one of those movies that gets old very quick
                      Last edited by BR7; 21 Nov 2005, 04:31 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by DAFT
                        frailty was actually a very good movie and I usually hate Paxton. it surprized the hell out of me that I liked it. really a creative film.
                        I think it's you, me and BR7 as far as martial arts films so you two rent it and tell me what you think.
                        I'm going to watch Night Patrol now, BR7 rec I believe. let you know what I think and give me a good title to rent next on the same line as a great martial arts film to rent.
                        I get a two for one next week the Evil Cult DVD has Dr.Wai on it as well have either of you seen it. Also I am getting Lady Snowblood 1,2 that nwg recommended.
                        I forgot to thank you DAFT for suggesting My Name Is Nobody great movie I enjoyed it a lot
                        Last edited by BR7; 21 Nov 2005, 09:03 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

Has anyone seen Mr and Mrs Smith (the Brad Pitt/Angelie Jolie version)? I am trying to decide whether to rent it or not.

Comment

• tonay
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Mar 2005

Napolen Dynamite will get better the more you watch it.

Has anyone mentioned Donnie Darko - I just didn't get it.

Devil's Rejects is just gratuitous horror much on the same line as the new Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Comment

• DAFT
                              Slightly Stupid
                              • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
                              Has anyone seen Mr and Mrs Smith (the Brad Pitt/Angelie Jolie version)? I am trying to decide whether to rent it or not.
                              that movie looks worse than this one.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104905/ do yourself a favor and rewatch Big Trouble in Little China, you'll thank me for it.
                              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

man daft, that movie has stink written all over it! "mom and dad save the world" whoever invented "you can't judge a book by it's cover" needs a good slap right about now

anyone see the skeleton key? not bad of a movie, the ending was kind of dumb though. still worth the watch
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...