What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

ty setarip and ifcrule1972, but i was hoping for a bit more of a synopsis than that

no problemo...i'll check out IMDB.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To columbo999

If you enjoy quirky humour incorporated into a good sci-fi plot, you'll thoroughly enjoy "Silent Running" - it's almost as "campy" as the low-budget "Dark Star"...

Comment

• DiscoInferno
        • Apr 2005

When i was a kid, this film and The Champ were guaranteed to get me sobbing. Columbo, if you havent checked it out already, heres a brief plot. Set in the future, earths forests are dying.The last habitats on earth are shipped up into space, until the earth's atmosphere can recover. Bruce Dern is one of the men assigned to care for one of the habitats, aboard Valley Forge. Should be able to pick up this film for pittance on dvd now. By the way, what significance is "Valley Forge"? I remember the name from history, cant connect it to anything.
        Last edited by DiscoInferno; 18 Jul 2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"what significance is "Valley Forge"?"

Valley Forge, PA, USA was where George Washington and associates "toughed out" 6 months of terrible winter weather to ensure the birth and survival of the new U.S.A.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
            Liverpool 'til I die......
            • Nov 2003

Ah I missed that reference when I saw the film years ago...... mind you being English I wouldn't have realised what it meant anyway.
            "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

I saw "Open Water" last night for the first time. That had to be one the worse movies I have ever seen. (It even beat Napoleon Dynamite)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

setarip, discoinferno,

"If you enjoy quirky humour incorporated into a good sci-fi plot, you'll thoroughly enjoy "Silent Running" - it's almost as "campy" as the low-budget "Dark Star"..."

i'll give it a whirl...ty

sorry to hear you hated open water jmet, i guess you have to appreciate going into it, that it will be a b- movie. different strokes, for different folks

just saw the new war of the worlds ( so i guess this breaks my long-standing no - show at the theatre) pretty good, the noises those aliens make is certainly original and creepy. i think i've had enough of lookin at tom cruise though... but definetly reccomend the movie. you''l like this a lot more than open water jmet
                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 20 Jul 2005, 06:21 AM.
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

silent running was crap.....2hrs gone forever....
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                    • Apr 2005

Ha ha, yeh it is pretty much. But it has cool robots, thats why i like it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

didn't know it was so old...1972?
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                        • Apr 2005

Yep, credit where its due, not many space films around at the time it was made. For a 33 year old film, i think it still carries a meaningful message, THINK ABOUT WHAT WE ARE DOING TO THE EARTH!!!.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

indeed, have you seen any good movies lately? or crappy ones?
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                            • Apr 2005

Recently saw Constantine, which didnt impress me. Keanu just wasnt the right lead. I read Nicholas Cage was originally approached for the part, if he had taken it, the film would have been a hundred times better, hes very good at the tired/oppressed role. I did like the last scene where the devil arrives for keanu's soul though. Havent recently seen any films ive liked, The Machinist was average, Creep only slightly better. Excellent acting by the creep i must say.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

"Recently saw Constantine, which didnt impress me. Keanu just wasnt the right lead"

i haven't seen it, but your right i can't stand that clown....
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• KSN
                                • Jun 2005

I'd have to say "Birth" with Nicole Kidman was on the top of my list of "the worst movie of '04/'05" ....

Comment

Working...