Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElJester
    • Jul 2005

I'm confused

My post was closed because you said I violated Rule #6. I'm confused.

I carefully read Rule #6 and then clicked on where it says for additional information and it says

The following posts are acceptable, and should be posted in their respective forums (eg. DivX - Encoding) :

If you only mention a video file (eg. "I downloaded an AVI file from Kazza" or "I downloaded a movie file from Kazza").

If you don't mention you got the movie from a P2P source (eg. "I have downloaded a movie" or "I have a movie and I want to burn it as a VCD")

So I don't understand how I violated the rules. Please tell me.
  • ripguard
    • Jul 2005

I have hard to belive that the majority of downloads should be of free movies with no copyright attached to them.

Perhaps it would make your case best if you can state what movietitle/type of movie and also a link to that site that provides you with that non-illegal material that you already have downloaded.
    Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt?
    Famous Last Words
    Socrates
    BC 469-399 Greek Philosopher of Athens

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

indeed the thread, in my opinion should not have been closed or locked...

"I downloaded what's supposed to be an SVCD but it's got two files, a BIN and a CUE.

What do I do with these?"

NOTHING here breaches the posted rules...there is NO mention of a specific title or movie or p2p source. why the thread is locked is beyond me....
      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 25 Jul 2005, 01:35 PM.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ElJester
        • Jul 2005

now i'm extra confused. can someone pretty please answer me why my other post was closed at

and why is this moved from where i posted it in the SVCD/VCD?
        i don't understand

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

eljester, i closed that thread because you say you downloaded a moviefile

you have a bin + cue which you dont seem to be familiar with

in this forum we do not want to deal with pirated content

thus, when you have a problem with a video format you may want to ask *what's wrong with my avi xyz* but not *what's wrong with the downloaded avi file xyz*

this makes a difference to us and the reaction will always be similar to my closing your thread

Comment

Working...