• Aug 2005

Great job on your picks Dan
    Congrats

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Did Tom Brady get banged up in the win over the chargers ? In a walking boot on his right foot http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._walking_boot/

Comment

• josie
        • Aug 2006

Dan!!! What a stretch thru the playoffs. You rock!

You did well too BR7.

Sure glad I didn't go to Vegas with my playoff picks. lol I would of had to hitch a ride home.

Hope Brady is alright. I am pulling for them to take it all since they've taken it this far, but Eli is on quite the roll.

Let me know what we are going to pick during the Super Bowl or if we are just going for the win.
        Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

i'm going g-men blue all the way. my gut feeling is the afc, and nfc are going to have there hands full w/2 Mannings now. won't b surprised if 1 day we have the Manning Bowl.

17-13 giants, or 27-23. pick your poison. the over-under's dropping since mid-week. giants nothing to lose. patriots everything, and then some. knew moss would act up soon. can't str8ten out a bent tree branch.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Moss has come a long way this year IMO, not the same man he was 5 years ago, or even last year for that matter.

Of course everything he says and does is magnified 10 fold. Oh yeah, he also broke a record that some Rice fellow had for 20 years.

As for the game, I'm gonna be a happy man whoever wins.

(thanks for the thanks BR7 and josie)

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by josie
              ....Let me know what we are going to pick during the Super Bowl or if we are just going for the win.
              I figure make it super interesting Here's 22 of 'em

Winner Of Game with point spread of Patriots -12.5
              Will the total score be over or under 53.5 points
              Coin Toss - Heads or Tails
              Team to win the coin toss
              Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game

Team to score first in the game
              Team to score last in the game
              Will the team that scores first win the game
              Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety
              Will the team that scores last win the game

Team with first penalty
              Team with first Coach's Challenge
              Team with first regular time out
              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half
              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half

Will there be overtime?
              Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker)
              Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker)
              Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker)
              Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker)

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker)
              Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker)

The how longs of the picks, 6 of 'em. will be used for tie breakers as needed. Closest to the actual number wins.

Picks gotta be posted an hour before the SB starts.

Comment

• uufta
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Dec 2005

Making a lot of work for yourself jm1647, thanks for making it fun..

Winner Of Game with point spread of Patriots -12.5> Patriots will not cover. (Pats by 9)
                Will the total score be over or under 53.5 points >Over
                Coin Toss - Heads or Tails >Tails
                Team to win the coin toss >Giants
                Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game >Giants

Team to score first in the game >Giants
                Team to score last in the game >Giants
                Will the team that scores first win the game >NO
                Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety >FG
                Will the team that scores last win the game >NO

Team with first penalty >Giants
                Team with first Coach's Challenge >Patriots
                Team with first regular time out >Giants
                Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half >YES
                Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half >NO

Will there be overtime? >NO
                Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) >Patriots_55yds
                Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) >Patriots_38yds
                Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) >Giants_48yds
                Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) >Giants_52
                Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) >Patriots_55yds
                Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) >Giants_57yds

And those are the facts folks, and I am sticking with them,

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
                  Making a lot of work for yourself jm1647, thanks for making it fun..
                  Nah, not more work for me, but with only 1 game hopefully fun for everybody who picks.
                  We can each post how many we got right outta the 22 picks then go to the tie breaker if needed. I'm sure everybody will check their own picks and post how they did right. And of course everybody will check the picks of who posts they got the most right.

I got a block pool made up that would make it interesting too but don't know how many blocks to say to pick because maybe not enuff interest to keep the number of blocks small, because only 6-10 of us haver played all year and only 8 days to get the 100 blocks picked.

Good Luck to everybody and here's to a good Super Bowl

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

This is making me dizzy,lol.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

all good 4 those pics, but in the end it won't matter. if brady goes down, and has to make running plays like they did against san diego it's all over. looking 4 welker to get hit really hard, and think 3 times about those short passes, and slants. what happened to smash mouth football? no one's put this guy on his back wondering how he got there, and when.

as for moss, everyone on prime time gets magnified. the more dirt, the more scrutiny. there's a saying,"he who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." bill or anyone 4 that matter, can't change this guy. they haven't extended his contract have they? on that note, i'm giants all the way. i just don't want it to be close 4 some shady call by the officials to turn it to a story book ending for the sake of the nfl, and history.
                      i understood fully why the pats obliterated every team as much as possible. to negate anything from coming back, and beating them. spygate aside.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2006

You know that the Giants will be gunning for Brady, to see if they can knock him out of the game.
                        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                          He is coming to your little town!
                          • Aug 2005

I agree
                          I think they are going to rush him hard in the first half

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Dec 2005

If they can put pressure on Brady and get his timing off, it's anyones game. If he stands in the pocket all day then the Giants secondary will have a looooooong day.

So.....are we even picking the winner of the Super Bowl without a spread, or is this a new pool on it's own.
                            Last edited by Dan; 30 Jan 2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

patriots are in a league of their own right now, but the fact is all the pressure's on them. they win. history. they lose upset. both will be history, but 18 and 1 will always b noted, as well as the team who beat them. i wouldn't bet on a spread 4 this 1. everyone except die hards had giants out against the last 3 teams. none could of held the patriots' gatorade, but the g-men are really a dangerous team right now. moss is soft. they're going to do their best to make him go in the field away from the side lines. i doubt stallworth is going to make anything too spectacular. meroni, welker, and is it faulk?, are the x-factors. defense wise it's that thorn in everyone's side, rodney for the most part.

don't buy into brady staying in the pocket too long. san diego didn't let him, and the giants either in the last game. i'm just going all in 4 the g-men. too many variables 4 me to reasonably do anything else.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Dan

So.....are we even picking the winner of the Super Bowl without a spread, or is this a new pool on it's own.
                                Nah, no picking a winner without the spread, New England is so much of a favorite the line is still around -12 right now.

Found this but lost the link

Rather remarkably, this will be the 14th time in 42 Super Bowls--fully one-third of them--that there has been a double-digit favorite. The first four games, back before the contests were yet "Super" and were simply called the AFL-NFL World Championship Games, all featured double-digit spreads in favor of the long-established National Football League champ. In the first two, the Packers walloped the AFL's Kansas City and Oakland, by huge margins. But in the final two years before the two leagues merged, bettors failed to grasp that the AFL had caught up and maybe even surpassed the stodgier NFL. First Joe Namath's New York Jets stunned the Baltimore Colts, regarded as a juggernaut, 16-7. A year later Len Dawson and the Kansas City Chiefs kicked the Minnesota Vikings 23-7.

Despite those notable upsets, more double-digit favorites have won and covered the spread to boot than bombed in the Super Bowl. In those 13 Super Bowls with a spread of at least 10 points, the favorite boasts a 9-4 record in the games and is 7-5-1 against the spread.
                                I think using a line and the other prop bets makes this game more interesting. But if everybody wants to pick the game without a spread too we can make that the 23rd pick for the game

Comment

Working...