Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Free Agency started and the Iggles picked up Assante Samuel from the Patriots in a 6 year $57,000,000 deal

They let da Freak Jevon Kearse walk and signed J.R. Reed and Joselio Henson to 1 year deals

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

Free Agency started and the Iggles picked up Assante Samuel from the Patriots in a 6 year $57,000,000 deal
      Nice pick up That's something Pittsburgh needs badly

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Originally Posted by BR7
        Nice pick up That's something Pittsburgh needs badly
        Don't be surprised if those sore loosing Patriots let Moss go. I told you guys that was the likely scenario, when they didn't extend his contract way back before The Giants stomped the life out of them. Eagles could end up w/Moss also. He's a risk w/whoever he's with. Bad seed. Have to credit the Patriot organization for waiting before pulling the trigger on a contract w/Moss. They knew what I knew. That he would eventually screw up somehow. Funny how that Spygate might influence some Patriot's staying, or leaving. Bottom line they're cheap anyway, and they didn't win it w/Moss either. Thing I like about the NFL is that usually teams do get better w/off-season pick-ups. So now everyone will up it a notch or so, making the competition even greater.
        Last edited by dr_ml422; 2 Mar 2008, 11:16 AM.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

wow, you really have a hate on for the Pats, (and Moss),lol.

I was surprised that Mitchell left the Champs for big money in Buffalo.

The Browns signed Stallworth, could be big with an already lethal wr group. And old Tuna seems to be rebuilding the Dolphins so they can actually win some games,lol.

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

I'm not going to hold my breath,but what if a trade is made that results in Brady Quin going to the Phins. Derek Anderson turned out to be their diamond in the rough and I don't see him wanting to be back on 2nd string

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Hi Dan. Don't hate the Pats, just didn't like the way they drank that venomous kool-aid Bellichick pumped them this season. Even Tom was out of character. I see the residual ashes of that Spygate scandal very clear. Enjoy sports for the most part, but I'm an old soldier, and know a fix when I see one. Boxing aside, whom we all know is king of the fixes, over the the last several years I've along w/others shook my head on how obvious it's been. 3 Super Bowl wins all by 3 points? The first especially against the Rams which we will really get to the bottom shortly. The NFL isn't giving Walsh, the Patriot's assistant unlimited $$$ for legal fees for nothing. Moss, I don't like period. Never met him, or care to. Tired of seeing him, and the other pampered lil kids that for the life of it just don't get it, or are given way too much praise w/out a bad reputation either. I'm talking across the board here on all sports on this note.

The Tuna is being The Tuna. He'll have that Miami team close real soon. Why would we expect anything less, after his stays w/the Pats, Jets, and Dallas. Proof is in the pudding. "If you want me to cook the meal, I should at least shop for the groceries."

The Andersons, and Romos of the world need to do way more before I would even consider being convinced about them. Probably won't happen, but what if McNabb ends up w/the Fins? Hmmm. W/a rookie quaterback in the background?

Football's too exciting, but am I going to have to start a Baseball thread? Or Basketball?
              Lol. Keep it simple right.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Jets pick up Alan Faneca What the heck were the Steelers thinking letting him go

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Don't know what the Steelers are thinking, but after this last season they better not think too much. Another Pat bites the dust. Who was the last guy that just bolted? The Truth Shall Set You Free.

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

Now we know why the Steelers let Faneca go, they needed $100 million for Big Ben.

Moss stays with the Pats, maybe he can break his own TD record this year,lol.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

believe me Dan, they're not going to b worrying about anything damn records after this year. or shouldn't anyway. they're thinking more about about a Super Bowl win as they should of been. As far as Big Ben, he hasn't really convinced me too much either. Total non-factor in that Super Bowl win, if in fact anyone does believe they won it, and not the 7 or so blown calls by the officials against the Seahawks.

Comment

• Dan
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Dec 2005

Ben has matured big time since the Super Bowl win, I agree he was terrible in the Super Bowl but now he is becoming a great QB IMO.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Just turned on NFL Network and Brett Favre has retired!

I'm a bit surprised based on the great season he and the team had last year, but I doubt his body can take anymore.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Thnk God. If Romo wouldn't of left Green Bay he'd still be on the bench. Hope Rogers can come into his own. Brett was great. I'm not a cheese head by any means. These guys should let the new blood come in and make their mark if any. I'm totally business when it comes to business. Unbelievable how some of these high profile teams would subject to being held hostage by anyone. Kudos to the Eagles for going the route they did when sissy Owens tried to keep them hostage.

They better protect Big Ben better. Every team now is getting hip to how some of the big name quaterbacks can't function too well when the hit is coming, or the coverage too tight. Which is understandable. Though that's why I put Marino way up there even though the ring eluded him. Those numbers he put up w/those teams he had were unbelievable.

Comment

• Gary D
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

OMG Brett has retired!

I just heard it on the news.

Romo will become a great QB if his front line can protect him. I was very impressed with him in their GB win this year. But I was also impressed with GB's backup in that game. GB's future looks sort of bleak this year BUT they will get better.
                              Gary D

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

I totally agree Gary. Like I mentioned, if some of these guys get good protection they'll make out ok. Gotta give the new kids a chance to prove themselves. See too much of this not only in the NFL, but in MLB, and the NBA. Especially in baseball where they'll trade their top prospects for the hope of some veteran player putting them in the World Series.

Comment

Working...