Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAFT
    Slightly Stupid
    • Aug 2004

phli has some real moral issues. the TO pass for option is a good idea. From what I heard he'll either end up with Texans(good luck with a ring there) or GB and I don't think they want him. once he's gone I think Mcnabb will be his old winning self. the NFL season is tough enough on these guys without adding TO garbage to the load. He'd be great if his brain controled his mouth. to jm, I'm sorry your team is going though this, even though I've hated the Eagles since childhood, I respect there talent and would not wish the TO virus on anyone. So when the Eagles play the Giants I hope we win but any true Giant fan will not really consider it a true win. guess we'll wait for next year to start hating each other again.
    BR7, Your team looks tough enough to take the whole damn thing and I hate to love them doing it. I've always admired the attitude of that team with it's grid iron approach to the game. they never give up and I think you might have the year as long as injuries stay minimal.
    as for my GB team, I wish them the best next year but they will be hard pressed to get an 500 this season, Farve deserves better, and it is a testiment to him that sidelilne chatter never counts him out in even to the last minute. the word is that he's either going to take a deal for 2 yr in Balt or Buff. they can't trade him but if he leaves on his own he's got a home somewhere for at least 2. that Town loves that man and to fire him would kill attendance.
    the last thing I got is the Jets. I hate this team more than any other(the fans are like the kid that made anoying noises when you were a child) and is DeBurg still playing this friggin Game???!!! He's got to be turning 50! I remember him from the year the Skins took the SB last. Are they getting a tax break by hiring the elderly, there QB pit totals over a 100 years of experience. I guess they really believe in age before beauty.
    Any thoughts on the Coaches in the hot seat boys, injuries aside.
    that's all I got congrats to BR7 on not only a great pick week but the man is up to 3 greens, you earned them bro. I'd give you more but it won't let me. and thank you both for the greens that you gave me I'm in at 4 greens now. I'm starting with a guiness now in the hopes that I can be drunk enough to tolerate a IND game with a weakened PATS. I don't know about you but I don't think Manning wants to win it this way, it just hurts them the next time they play because we know the PATS will rise again.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

I agree that McNabb is probably hurting more than he lets on. Reid might be telling McNabb the same thng Vermeil told Jaws, "don't worry about me pulling you" .In the Washington game, he was even running a little bit though.

Westbrook got a 5 year $25Million contract with I think a $9Million signing bonus, it shocked the **** outta me

The TO situation is a shame. It was in the papers today that Hugh Douglas and TO got in a brawl last week when Douglas questioned him about his ankle acting up. (TO is a warrior and what he did coming back to play in the SB proves that) Then TO offered to fight anybody in the locker room. Douglas is supposed to be the team ambassador, what is HE doing starting bull**** in the locker room? Reid oughta suspend him for starting the stuff. McNabb called a team meeting, Reid met with some veterans, Reid asked TO to apologize to the team, TO said no, and boom TO suspended by Reid without pay this time.
      McNabb made the statement that he could forgive but not forget. Well maybe that is McNabbs problem, not forgetting and trying to prove that he (McNabb) does not need TO to win. I think he does.

Hey this losing situation was bound to happen sooner or later even with McNabb healthy and TO playing. I remember the '70's before Vermeil came, fugly. The Eagles owned the NFC EAST for the last 4 years and the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins rebuilt their teams to be the team the Eagles were. Well with everybody the Eagles let go, the Eagles this year are not the team they used to be, so the rebuilding by the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins I think is going to be more successful than they thought it might be.

The Eagles had a good run, I have been and will continue to be an Eagle fan even though I moved to New Jersey over 26 years ago, but I think the run is over. They ran the ball more last night then they have in a long time and still nothing. Westbrook was what 17 carries for 24 yards?

If the Eagles want to continue winning they have to do what the Yankees do and the Skins did.....spend the money! $14 million under the cap, The Eagle orginization has made a lot of good decisions and some bad ones. The bad ones cost them this year when they had a shot at going to the SB again. I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it, they ain't goin' this year.

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

Just heard on the news after the game. TO is no longer an Eagle and they are going to try and get $1.8Million of his signing bonus back.

Frank Haley the Eagles center might be out for the rest of the year.

Freddie Mitchell was interviewed and said that TO will surely be missed on the field by the Eagles. I agree with him. TO was giving 110% on the field every game. So did Freddie Mitchell. Freddie did his "About time" thing because when was not being thrown to, TO voiced his opinion and both were let go. Who's next? The Eagle's musta scared Westbrook also because all of a sudden he was happy not running the ball, no all he wants is touches either running or redceiving.

The Eagles went to the SB in the 1st season TO was here. McNabb has been here what 7 seasons.

To TO - Thanks for an exciting season and a half of football, I'll miss ya on the field for sure with the Eagles.

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Here are the updated results
          BR7-11
          jm1647-10
          DAFT-10
          Colt and the Pats game wasnt as close as I thought it would be Manning had a hell of a game tonight its about time he got that off his back.Do you guys think can they go undefeated this year and hold the record with the Dolphins there are only 3 teams IMO that can stop them from doing so the Steelers,Chargers,Seahawks I say they have a 70% chance to go undefeated

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

I don't think the '72 Dolphin record will ever be broken or equalled (undefeated the entire season), a 14 game regular season + 3 post season games was hard enough let alone to do it in a 16 game regular season and the playoffs.

Comment

• DAFT
              Slightly Stupid
              • Aug 2004

I'll say it again, the win tonight is not a real win for them, it may help them out in the standings overall but beating a hurt team is like a young guy beating up Ali now. for manning to get the monkey off his back he needs to beat them next year. they are going to be out for blood in NE. that's why Giant fans won't rest on a win against Eagles till TO is off to the boonies. good week BR7 you keep on winning and i'm gonna be wearing Black and yellow for Christmas. we need someone to tally so we can see if there is anyone runnning away with this thing.
              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

From what I could find in al the previous posts with the tallies that are here.

I had a few hic tonight so double check em

so the standings for week 5 are me:6/14, BR7 6/14, and jm1642 with 7/14.
                total standings are me:18, BR7:17, and jm1642:17. Really bad week for picks and
                it makes me rethink next weeks picks.
                congrats jm and sorry that the win came at a phili loss.

so after week 5
                jm1647 - 17
                BR7 - 17
                Daft- 18

week 6
                Final score
                jm1647-11
                BR7-11
                DAFT-9

week7
                jm1647 - 10
                DAFT - 9
                BR7 - 7

week8
                DAFT - 11
                BR7 - 10
                jm1647 - 6

week9
                Here are the updated results
                BR7-11
                jm1647-10
                DAFT-10

Grand total so far

BR7-56
                DAFT-57
                jm1647-54

Comment

• BR7
                  He is coming to your little town!
                  • Aug 2005

Thanks jm for looking it up far as I can see its all good have another on me

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Damn, these Red Dogs must be reviving the brain cells that the shots of VO and Yuengling killed better get some more ah!

Comment

• DAFT
                      Slightly Stupid
                      • Aug 2004

"so the standings for week 5 are me:6/14, BR7 6/14, and jm1642 with 7/14.
                      congrats jm and sorry that the win came at a phili loss." posted by jm1642
                      god I love you man. you actually referred to yourself in the 3rd person 3 times in this post. I was you I suppose and that is some good beer your drinking to make you think Your me or vice versa. great stuff
                      I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by DAFT
                        "so the standings for week 5 are me:6/14, BR7 6/14, and jm1642 with 7/14.
                        congrats jm and sorry that the win came at a phili loss." posted by jm1642
                        god I love you man. you actually referred to yourself in the 3rd person 3 times in this post. I was you I suppose and that is some good beer your drinking to make you think Your me or vice versa. great stuff

Whoaaaaaa, Nah I did a cut and paste of the results I found Whatcha drinking, give me some Ah I just had too much, my buddy Pinkie the elephant is back again....here Pinkie ,c'mere boy, ya want some peanuts

Comment

• DAFT
                          Slightly Stupid
                          • Aug 2004

you rule boyo...
                          I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

You too, we oughta meet and get loaded together, now that sounds like some real fun !!!

Comment

• DAFT
                              Slightly Stupid
                              • Aug 2004

first pints on me
                              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Sounds good pints?? Here's a pic of my grandson Lil Danny gettin' me a beer last year. I got him in training

Comment

Working...