Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

dr - the picking of the winning team and the exact scores for the away and home tie breakers is hard so we could give a point to all the people that do it every week regardless if they win the week or not. I looked at this year and it has not been done so far. But there still coulda been a weekly tie this week using the 4 tie breakers, and still woulda been a tie if they both got a point for the exact tie breakers or closest to them because they picked them exactly, but there wasn't.

If the weekly winner gets the 4 tie breakers exact too the weekly winner would get 2 extra points for the week, 1 for the 4 tie breakers exact and 1 for the weekly win even if the tie breakers did not come into play.

uufta is the current leader and would hafta agree. I think he will because of the same chance of getting the 4 tie breakers exact and getting an extra point.

dr on winning week 7 by breaking the tie with closest to the total score!!!

7 weeks 6 different winners

Been working on the tie breaker thingie. The time posted woulda been nice because no 2 people could post at the same time especially with the H:M:S used. The ties should be broken using games and scores so here is what I came up with.

1 winner every week is the goal based on picking the teams, then using the tie breakers to not have a tie, so here is what we are gonna use

for the regular season weeks which have a lotta games and no place on the pick sheet to post the 3 scores for except the designated tie breaker game

The 1st tie breaker for the week is the correct team in the last game of the week and then it's the 3 scores. We only post the scores for the last game of the week. So we are going to have multiple tie breaker correct teams as needed in the week. In the event the 4 current week normal tie breakers still result in a tie for the week, we're gonna go to the previous game of that week correct team, on back until the tie is broken. So whatever people are tied, the tie should be broken by the loss of one of the previous 15 games in a 16 game week or previous 13 games in a 14 game week. After all that, possible 18 or 16 tie breakers then I'm going to go bonkers and get sent to mamby pamby land and there will be a tie and all those tied will get 1 point for the week.

for the Wild Card, Division and Conference playoff weeks

Since there are not many games in the playoffs each week, 4 at the most, we're gonna post total score, away and home team scores for the game(s) that are not on the OP pick sheet. We'll post them in the OP forum so it is all on the same site. If a tie using the normal 4 tie breakers we will use the previous game correct team and score tie breakers, then the previous one to that and so on. Then the # of underdogs picked.
    There's 4 games in the WC and Divisional week , 2 in the Conference week.
    Should work but if still a tie those in the tie would each get a point for the weekly win

for the SB week

We have the normal tie breakers for the game and the 22 SB proposition bets and the 6 tie breakers noted in the proposition bets. That should do it.

For the overall (regular season + playoffs + SB prop bets)
    If a tie in points then the player with the most weekly wins. If still a tie then the tied player with the highest winning % of game picks (doesn't count extra weekly win or any other points given) if still tied then start at week 1 and use all the tied players picked underdog teams, if a tie go to week 2 then week 3 etc. until the tie is broken and 1 point given to break the tie.

If still a tie after that I'm going to go bonkers and get sent to mamby pamby land and there will be a tie
    Last edited by jm1647; 28 Oct 2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

At least the Bears can't loose this week, they have the by this week.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• josie
        • Aug 2006

Whew!

Whew! Been away a few days and reading the past posts my head is spinning! Crazy that! LOL

@ dr - Congrats on your win!
        @ uufta - I know, I know.........those damn "donkeys" But I can't be a "fair weather fan"........it's not in my nature.........so....................just let me say: BRONCOS BABY!!!!!

@JM - whatever you decide on running the pool, and tools you'll use to decide a weekly winner are always alright by me. YOU ROCK!

Good Luck everyone and Happy Halloween!
        Josie

Comment

• uufta
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

@JM...What The ! Who The ! Have you run out of things to do or something??
          (I am kinda slow, so I dont know what your doing, but as long as I dont have to do anything, doesnt matter much then )

Comment

• Tammie K
            • Sep 2010

Parity smarity! Where did all the undefeated go? And the bottom feeders? It used to be so nice....

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by josie

@JM - whatever you decide on running the pool, and tools you'll use to decide a weekly winner are always alright by me. YOU ROCK!

Good Luck everyone and Happy Halloween!
              Aw gee josie Nobody seems against the changes so they are all in starting week 8.

Originally Posted by uufta
              @JM...What The ! Who The ! Have you run out of things to do or something??
              (I am kinda slow, so I dont know what your doing, but as long as I dont have to do anything, doesnt matter much then )
              Just post @ OP in a topic I'll make for that weekend, a total score, away and home scores for the playoff teams that don't have a place to input on the pick sheet for the 3 weekends of playoff games.

Same thing we did here except now a total score too to use as tie breakers. Not really too much work for me during the regular season, all I hafta do is see who has a yellow block and who don't for the games that ain't the tie breaker on the site. Same thing for the playoffs but with scores for all the teams.

Originally Posted by Tammie K
              Parity smarity! Where did all the undefeated go? And the bottom feeders? It used to be so nice....
              Rumors have it some owners want the "Any given Sunday" to go away http://xtmonline.com/2010/09/14/any-...or-its-future/ so parity might go away and wind up with a tiered league whatever that is

Happy Halloween to all!

Good Luck to all in week 8, get the 3 scores right for the tie breaker game and get an extra point. Correct picks of the games before the tie breaker game will also be used as tie breakers working from left to right of the tie breaker game on the site for the rest of the regular season. Previous game(s) correct picks, 3 scores and underdogs will be used for tie breakers during the playoffs.
              Might throw in will the favorite cover the point spread and the over and under total score for tie breakers to keep it interesting for the Conference Championship weekend where there is only 2 games.

Anything to try and avoid a tie. The site won't allow anything but a whole number score tweak, tried to put in .5 and it won't take it. Might ask the site commish to try and put it in. The bonus for winning the week is 1 point but it can't be split like a $ pool can split the $ among those that tie,

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

I'm w/uufta. Just send the OP message w/details.

@ Josie Thnx for the congrats, I actually for the 1st time used the home and away winning stats for each team then made a better informative pick based on a lil common sense too. Not that it really was the defining reason I won cause anyone's pick is as good as mine, especially this year.

@ JM Just detail what you posted in a OP message w/simple clear instructions about that playoff plan etc... I'm w/uufta and have just a lil clue to everything mentioned. I'm also slow for some things though I get there eventually. Kurt Russell in "Dark Blue". "I'm slow but I get there."

@ doc Lol... Yeah they can't lose this week Da Bears, though they played some pretty good games. G-Men can't win or lose either they have bye week as well. Dallas should get the rest of the season off as Good Byes.

Crazy how a so called most highly profiled and one of the richest franchises in sports has disintegrated so far down. Jones needs to just spend and stay off the line. At least the Stadium is good for Boxing and special events. Lol...

Good luck to all.
                SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

@ JM Just detail what you posted in a OP message w/simple clear instructions about that playoff plan etc... I'm w/uufta and have just a lil clue to everything mentioned. I'm also slow for some things though I get there eventually. Kurt Russell in "Dark Blue". "I'm slow but I get there."....
                  dr - everybody has to post a total score, away and home teams scores for the in the playoffs that don't have a place to enter them on the pick sheet. To be used as additional tie beakers. Possible use of the spread and over and under for the score also. Plenty of time til the playoffs.

We have a 3 way tie going into the SNF game! Mike DVF, Mike L and magnum mac are tied at 8 correct each!

If NO wins tonight Mike DVF wins the week. If PIT wins Mike L and MM go to the MNF Game. If Indy wins we use the tie breaker scores.
                  If Houston wins we go to the previous game winners for the week until the tie is broken because ya hafta pick the right team in the last game of the week tie breaker to use the scores to break a tie. If we don't do this then like in the SB last year no point was given in that week because nobody picked the winner NO, everybody picked Indy and the tie breaker scores picked did not come into play.

Good Luck to the 3 of ya in the tie, nice picking!
                  Last edited by jm1647; 1 Nov 2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

Congrats on the win Mike, nice to see some people can make good picks,lol.

Just watching the latest saga with Moss, now waived by the Vikes cause he can't keep his mouth shut. I thought TO was bad, Moss sure did a great job tainting a HOF career.

Now they say maybe Indy will pick him up, if so Manning better smack him around and show who's boss,lol.

Comment

• uufta
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Dec 2005

CONGRATS MIKE!!!! (Big like bear, quiet like mouse..LOL)

@ CHILI and MOSS!!!!! couple of morons.

Chances of anyone picking him off the waiver wire, is the same as me playing QB for the Vikes
                      this week, they will wait until he clears and pay him the min wage and the @#$%#$@ Vikes
                      will have the rest of contract...Chili is an idiot!!!
                      Last edited by uufta; 2 Nov 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Been told you about this

Originally Posted by Dan
                        Congrats on the win Mike, nice to see some people can make good picks,lol.

Just watching the latest saga with Moss, now waived by the Vikes cause he can't keep his mouth shut. I thought TO was bad, Moss sure did a great job tainting a HOF career.

Now they say maybe Indy will pick him up, if so Manning better smack him around and show who's boss,lol.
                        Ditto on the win Mike. I knew I was up there smehow after watching the Jets get taken back to reality by Green Bay. I like Rodgers and Green Bay. Took me until now to get passed them uniforms.

Now back to cry baby TO and puffed up in smoke Moss. I told you guys from the beginning it was just a matter of time w/these knuckle heads. The old Spanish saying which in English goes, "You can't straighten out a crooked branch" hardly ever fails. 1 thing the NFL will never do because of it's inherent nature is take into account behavior like this for HOF induction. He'll get in though like you said tainted, which is putting it mildly.

If he even steps in Indy I'll blame Indy for letting him in when he starts up again, Manning or no Manning beat down lecture. Belichick and Brady couldn't deal w/him now Manning is? Who knows maybe, though it's very unlikely.

Good luck to all this week.

Congrats to the S.F. Giants! What a massacre in Texas! Ryan must be having a fit after this. They will never see this chance again.

Sorry JM had to sneak this in.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

to Mike for winning week 8 with 10 right outta 13 and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 11 points which puts him in 2nd place behind uufta who has been at the top since week 1 to uufta

After week 8 117 total picks so far. Nobody missed picking any games in the pool so far except mike L who joined after week 4 was over with 62 qames played @ 0-62. The site shows mike L @ 33-84. mike L is actually 33-22 outta 55 for a 60% WIn %. The W/L for games picked shows on the
                          site correct for everybody but mike L. because he joined after the first 62 games.

So after week 8 uufta is still in the lead as overall point leader and overall win% leader also at 60.683760683760683760683760683761% with 71W-46L outta 117. The OP site rounds up/down and shows uufta @ 61%. I used the windows calculator to get the %. mike L is in 2nd place for the overall win% leader at 60% with 33W-22L outta 55.

Don't forget to make the week 9 picks and soon the Thursday night games start.

Good Luck to all in week 9!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Great stats work JM. So basically Mike L can beat out uufta percentage wise only, but not as overall winner unless uufta totally starts missing winning picks at a crazy rate correct? That's pretty good picking Mike for missing 4 weeks. The coulda/woulda prolly woulda put you in 1st place who knows.

NO screwed me up on that last comeback against Pittsburgh. I haven't seen the OP board to know if how many others picked the Steelers this week.

Good luck to all!

Comment

• Dan
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Dec 2005

So it's Tennessee that decided to roll the dice with Moss. Not sure why a good team would want that trouble.
                              No game this week as they have a bye, have to wait until the 14th against Miami to see what happens.

Comment

• Texalberta
                                Part of the problem
                                • Oct 2010

Got that right, third team this season, rolling my freakin' eyes.
                                This guy has reverted to his whinny attitude he had before, I really expected one of the also-rans to pick him up, not a contender.

Comment

Working...