• Show
Clear All
  • Tammie K
    • Sep 2010

Great job John!

Comment

• Tammie K
      • Sep 2010

Congratulations to all the winners, especially my uncle and my hubby!

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Thanks again John for another fun year

Its been great playing with all of you nice people, hope we can do it again next year, if John can put up with me again

Thank you all

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Most definitely thnx John and Congrats to Uufta

Some things are better late than never. John thnx again for holding another season down! Your dedication and hard work is very much appreciated as always!

Uufta congratulations! You took the lead and never looked back really. A true champion in the sense of the word indeed.

Thnx to all for making this take off and all the fun, trash-talkin,braggin etc... it produces! The more the merrier as John stated.

Special thnx to all the new players and Welcome to DVF!

Alive this year and I'll be back with more resolve to finish the whole pool til the end.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to all so that we can all be here again this year and give John some extra work for the Holidays.

Pitchers and Catchers and Players have reported I believe so off to the next love for some of us.

In short Philly has a Dream Team, The Mets are a Mess, Yankees joined AARP and Boston just might clobber everyone! Tampa Bay needs athtcg so gbt! See Ya!
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

We all had a fun year...Thanks to all that played!

But for this year who knows. maybe no football

No new CBA, the players dissolved the union, the owners locked them out with no health insurance

the players and owners are fighting for what they want,
            So c'mon players kick some owner butt and get ready for the opening day on time

Like the lyrics to Kung Fu fighting, (click the link for the toe tapper video)
            Cee Lo sings:

Now what would it take to break?
            I believe that you can bend,
            Not only do you have to fight,
            But you have got to win,

'Cause everybody is Kung fu fighting,(Kung fu fighting)
            Your mind becomes fast as lightning.
            Although the future is a little bit frightening (a little bit frighting)
            It's the book of your life that you're writing

I'm ready for some football!

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Hi JM. Yes it was fun and I'm ready myself. I missed too many picks, though looking forward to staying the course if we get some action this year.

Now I haven't read all the details, though you say owners don't want to give players health insurance. They make enough to start their own insurance companies for Pete's sake. I think I also heard the NFL wanted the owners to give even more to the so-called small market teams in luxury tax or w/e? I never bought into the small market theory. It's more like cheap market due to cheap owners. I'm not exactly well informed on this whole mess so what I post is not even the whole story I guess.

All I know is that when you're making 10 million or more a season you should at least learn or get someone to budget/invest your money. Too many times I see many in any area looking for the easy way out after they screwed themselves out of very good money.

Bottom line they're all making more money now than ever, so w/e the exact nature of this dispute I'm almost 100% certain it can get ironed out.

Glad to hear from you as always JM. Hope we get some warm weather soon huh! Enough is enough!

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Mc Nabb to the Vikings ?

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Washington dumped him after 1 year? What happened?
                  JM "You're a giant amongst insects! Don't let anyone tell you any different." X-MEN III.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                    Washington dumped him after 1 year? What happened?
                    You musta missed all the talk during 5's 1st year with the 'Skins and the way they structured his last contract with the option of letting him go after the year was up. Seems McNabb's play and the 2 Shanahans mix together like oil and water, looked like they got together and then separated. I think he is done in Washington too.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

You mean Mike from Denver's gone too from Washington? Wow!

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

You mean Mike from Denver's gone too from Washington? Wow!
                        Nah, just McNabb

The Shanahan and Son show will go on in Washington

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

Originally Posted by jm1647
                          Nah, just McNabb

The Shanahan and Son show will go on in Washington
                          Not for anything, though McNabb was/is a pretty good quaterback. I did always question his stamina after they blew that SB against New England I believe. Then again that was the spygate era wasn't it, and NE has yet to win another despite getting there.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Not for anything, though McNabb was/is a pretty good quaterback. I did always question his stamina after they blew that SB against New England I believe. Then again that was the spygate era wasn't it, and NE has yet to win another despite getting there.

I thought he was pretty good while in Philly but like other good QB's like Tarkenton, Kelly, Marino to name a few, could not bring home that SB trophy

Judge Orders End To NFL Lockout, Appeal Expected

A federal judge has sided with NFL players and granted their request for a preliminary injunction to lift the lockout.

Go players!!!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

All on him

Originally Posted by jm1647
                              I thought he was pretty good while in Philly but like other good QB's like Tarkenton, Kelly, Marino to name a few, could not bring home that SB trophy

Judge Orders End To NFL Lockout, Appeal Expected

A federal judge has sided with NFL players and granted their request for a preliminary injunction to lift the lockout.

Go players!!!

JM do you really feel he could have made some individual difference for a Philly SB ring?

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

JM do you really feel he could have made some individual difference for a Philly SB ring?
                                SB XXIX
                                1 2 3 4 OT Total
                                VISITOR: New England Patriots 0 7 7 10 0 24
                                HOME: Philadelphia Eagles ` 0 7 7 7 0 21

Scoring
                                Eagles 2 9:55 L.Smith 6 yd. pass from D.McNabb (D.Akers kick) (9-81, 4:36) 0 7
                                Patriots 2 1:10 D.Givens 4 yd. pass from T.Brady (A.Vinatieri kick) (7-37, 3:15) 7 7
                                Patriots 3 11:04 M.Vrabel 2 yd. pass from T.Brady (A.Vinatieri kick) (9-69, 3:56) 14 7
                                Eagles 3 3:35 B.Westbrook 10 yd. pass from D.McNabb (D.Akers kick) (10-74, 4:17) 14 14
                                Patriots 4 13:44 C.Dillon 2 yd. run (A.Vinatieri kick) (9-66, 4:51) 21 14
                                Patriots 4 8:40 A.Vinatieri 22 yd. Field Goal (8-43, 3:49) 24 14
                                Eagles 4 1:48 G.Lewis 30 yd. pass from D.McNabb (D.Akers kick) (13-79, 3:52) 24 21

McNabb interceptions
                                1st QTR This one coulds woulda shoulda put us up 7-0 in the first QTR and EDIT 14-7 after the half
                                1-10-NE 19 (3:14) D.McNabb pass intended for B.Westbrook INTERCEPTED by R.Harrison at NE 4. R.Harrison to NE 3 for -1 yards (J.Thomason). NE37 Shaken up on the play.

4th QTR still plenty of time left in 4th QTR
                                1-10-NE 36 (7:27) D.McNabb pass intended for L.Smith INTERCEPTED by T.Bruschi at NE 24. T.Bruschi to NE 24 for no gain (T.Owens).

4 th QTR Didn't really matter only 17 seconds left and 95 yards to go
                                3-9-PHI 5 (:17) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass intended for L.Smith INTERCEPTED by R.Harrison at PHI 28. R.Harrison to PHI 22 for 6 yards
                                (F.Mitchell).

ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
                                D.McNabb 51 30 357 4/33 3 40 3 75.4

McNabb threw a buncha bad short and long balls that game. T.O. had 9 catches for 122 yds. 2 more better thrown balls to him and he ties the SB reception record, 3 more and he sets the record at 12

51 throws and a measly 17 rushing attempts for 45 yards total including Westbrook breaking 1 for 22 yards. so 16 rushes for a whopping 23 yards. And no FG attempts. Reid lived by the pass and lost the SB by the passes McNabb threw.

This didn't help in the 1st QTR either
                                3-11-NE 46 (:52) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass to L.Smith to NE 38 for 8 yards (R.Gay). FUMBLES (R.Gay),
                                RECOVERED by NE-E.Wilson at NE 38. E.Wilson to NE 38 for no gain (J.Mayberry)

With McNabb losing 3 straight outta 4 NFC Championship Games and finally winning one and getting us in the SB I really thought it was his year regardless of spygate.

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
                                • Jan. 27, 2002 - NFC Championship - St. Louis 29, Philadelphia 24
                                • Jan. 19, 2003 - NFC Championship - Tampa Bay 27, Philadelphia 10
                                • Jan. 18, 2004 - NFC Championship - Carolina 14, Philadelphia 3
                                • Jan. 23, 2005 - NFC Championship - Philadelphia 27, Atlanta 10
                                • Feb. 6, 2005 - Super Bowl XXXIX - New England 24, Philadelphia 21

Last edited by jm1647; 29 Apr 2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: correct score

Comment

Working...