Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

I tried to post this morning but lost it because I timed out and forgot to copy it before I hit preview. So here goes again.

We had a 3 way tie with josie, Dan and Mike L with 13 picks right. Way to pick'em!!
    EDIT - forgot to mention SgtFlash (Mike M) did some nice picking and also had 13 picks right but was out of weekly winner because of correct tie breaker team/score

to Dan who wins the week by the tie breaker team/score. He gets an extra point for being weekly winner.

Dan also gets an extra point for having the winning tie breaker team and nailing the total score of 44. Everybody getting the correct winning tie breaker team and nailing the total score will get an extra point after determining the weekly winner. We started this last year @OP about week 8. See here

Dan winds up with 13 picks right +1 for weekly winner +1 for nailing the tie breaker team/exact total score for a total of 15 points for week 2.

So now we have a 3 way tie in overall points(Dan, Mike L anf uufta) but only 2 (Dan and uufta) are tied for regular season winner because of each having a weekly win.

During the regular season the extra point will be for picking the winning tie breaker team/exact total score only. During the playoff weeks and SB we'll have to get the winning team, total score, home team and away team scores right.

I updated the pool rules constitution on the site.

It's harder to tweak points now than it was @OP. Hafta do it with correct picks and not just tweaking the points for now until maybe I can figure out how to use the finance section there to do it.

Good luck to all in week 3
    Last edited by jm1647; 22 Sep 2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Thanks uufta and jm, it was a crazy week. Think I got 3 picks right on the last play of the game, lol.

Looks like it's gonna be a dog fight to win this year, good luck in week 3 everyone!

This is for jm and dr.......The Eagles suck and are nothing without Vick. I hope Big Blue crushes them this weekend!

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Dan

This is for jm and dr.......The Eagles suck and are nothing without Vick. I hope Big Blue crushes them this weekend!
        The Giants suck with Manning.

When Vick got hurt Reid went in a conservative mode and Kafka went 7-9. One incompletion was the Hail Mary at the end of the game and the other was the one Macklin dropped. If Vick don't play and the The Eagles D tightens up Big Blue should look like Lil Pink Sunday with Kafka or Young playing. And don't be surprised if Vick starts

And in the last 10 years if the Eagles sucked the Giants sucked harder. Opie got lucky and won a SB in '07 with the Big Blue D carrying him.

O-22-01 NY W 10-9
        D-30-01 Phila W 24-21
        O-28-02 Phila W 17-3
        D-28-02 NY L (OT) 7-10
        O-19-03 NY W 14-10
        N-16-03 Phila W 28-10
        S-12-04 Phila W 31-17
        N-28-04 NY W 27-6
        N-20-05 NY L 17-27
        D-11-05 Phila L (OT) 23-26
        S-17-06 Phila L (OT) 24-30
        D-17-06 NY W 36-22
        J-07-07 w Phila W 23-20
        S-30-07 NY L 3-16
        D-09-07 Phila L 13-16
        N-09-08 Phila L 31-36
        D-07-08 NY W 20-14
        J-11-09 d NY W 23-11
        N-1-09 Phila W 40-17
        D-13-09 NY W 45-38
        N-21-10 Phila W 27-17
        D-19-10 NY W 38-31

Eagles 15-7 against the Giants in last 10 years. Overall Eagle VS Giants since 1933: 74-82-2 Home: 41-36-1 Away: 33-46-1 Playoffs: 2-2 An 8 game lead since dirt was invented

This year Manning has 2 TD passes and 2 interceptions. Lifetime he has 158 TD passes and 115 interceptions. Peyton will be in the HOF, Eli don't have a chance and will always be The Other Manning

Edit - Update- News: Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philadelphia reports that he has been told QB Michael Vick "was symptom-free" on Tuesday morning, meaning that he had already passed the baseline concussion tests required for him to be cleared to play in Week 3 against the Giants. ESPN reports, citing an unnamed team source, that the Eagles believe Vick would be able to pass his concussion tests and therefore be cleared to play. An Eagles spokesman said on Tuesday afternoon that there was no update on Vick's health status.
        Last edited by jm1647; 22 Sep 2011, 01:49 AM. Reason: added test for update about Vick

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Watching the news conference now on NFL Network. They say he he close to the same range as when he passed the same test in the summer. The Giants are screwed,lol. You are right jm, Philly's D will be all over Eli, could be a long day.

Comment

• mlandes46
            DIGITAL VIDEO DORK
            • Sep 2011

Boy Uffta, you arent kidding. This IS a tough crowd! I keep getting the most picks right I ever have and can't do any better than lose tie breakers! I am humbled, and I may have to resort to only talkin smack to you! I think I beat Uufta and Mike M, so I'm gonna have to have that be my moral victory. Congrats Dan and Josie. You are now on my radar to get a moral victory at your expense! (since i cant get a real victory)!! Good luck next week everyone...

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Thanks mlandes and believe me, everyone in this pool can win every week. It has happened before and watch out for those slow starters, they will sneak up on us fast!

As for uufta, keep at him maybe we can distract him from making good picks.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Dan - should be an interesting game as always. I'm hoping the Eagles tighten up against the run and also that the "Dream Team" don't turn into a Nightmare. Eli better be on his toes the way the D line is pursuing. With the D line and the Eagles secondary if a pass is completed, it is earned and I give credit where credit is due.

mlandes - Your making great picks just sharpen that pencil when figuring the tie breaker total score

uufta - like Dan said get distracted.

17 regular season weeks, 3 weeks of playoffs and the SB a total of 267 games to pick, it is a long road and like the sign says :Sh1t Happens". Anything can and does happen. If everybody don't miss any picks it could be anybody's turn for a winning week. Only 2 weeks into this year but I'm still waiting for mine

Notice - I edited this post to show SgtFlash also had 13 correct picks for week 2.
                Last edited by jm1647; 22 Sep 2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

quit trying to deflect the sh1t slinging to me, Dan and MikeL

seems to be other people there with me, OH! its you guys, imagine that Just a warning, those other people in the group???? not a slouch among them wont be long and we will be fighting to keep out of the cellar
                  Last edited by uufta; 4 Oct 2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
                    quit trying to deflect the sh1t slinging to me, Dan and MileL

The Eagles after giving up 150+ yard average rushing in each of the first 2 games are shuffling their LB's around to get ready for Bradshaw and Jacobs Chaney is moving back to the middle, he finished up pretty good last year there, and Matthews this years 1st round pick is going outside.

Vick is in so far I want a win this Sunday, even if it takes that first miracle at MetLife Stadium.

I can see the Vicks neck and Romo's ribs/collapsed lung being a target this week .

uufta - I hope McNabb gives you guys a good showing this week and that Reid didn't use him up all the way before he got rid of him. Shannahan too. I haven't seen a Viking game yet, all I hear is the stuff on TV that he ain't doing too good so far.

Good Luck to all

Comment

• Tammie K
                      • Sep 2010

Picks

Good week 3 Mike M! If you only hadn't picked St. Louis....

Comment

• Tammie K
                        • Sep 2010

Northern Lights photo

I wanted to post a link for you guys of this great photo, but DVF won't let me. I'm going to try to post it on the CBS message board.

Comment

• uufta
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Dec 2005

It came through on the message board Tammie, beautiful pic
                          probably was to big to post here, sometimes you have to downsize
                          them and make them fit here.

jm- I think McNabb is on a short leash here, with all the fuss about
                          a new stadium and all, and the two QB's behind him are pretty good, certainly as good as he has been to-date.

MikeL- that asterisk you see by Dan and I, means we are on steroids

Comment

• josie
                            • Aug 2006

Congrats Dan! Way to pick them! And nailed the score too! WOW!!
                            Got a bunch at the top that I'm going to have to make a run at sooner than later I hope!

jm - Here's to Vick being okay this week for you.

uufta - Here's to McNabb being okay this week for you.

I want Tebow!!!!

BRONCOS BABY!!!
                            Josie

Comment

• mlandes46
                              DIGITAL VIDEO DORK
                              • Sep 2011

Good Luck for week 3 Everyone! Just lettin ya'll know i really went out on some limbs this week. Puttin my excuse in place in advance!! Dan that was really amazing to get 2 extra points last week. Wonder if we will ever see that agin? Hi to Tammie K and Mike M! Good luck on THIS CBS site, but would definitely like to see Mike M lose on the OTHER cbs game we are on!! hey uufta, say hi to Sarah for me, tell her im thinkin of her

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Hmm ,with the "Dream Team" us Eagles fans had a decent night sleep wk1, a bad dream wk2 and wk3 was a nightmare. 1-5 in the red zone, 0-2 on goal to go, the O line can't push, the linebacker Matthews ( a 4th rounder not a 1st rounder) went from the inside to the weak side and now probably to the bench, we need safety help too and looked like dummies tackling. Kafka looked terrible with Reid not going conservative when Vick got hurt again with them 2 interceptions.

Hats off the the Giants whole team, they came in banged up and still kicked butt, I got 2 4 letter words to say....Ross and Cruz who get big attaboys from me. Bradshaw and Jacobs ran and received the ball with power.

Now about Eli - can't say Opie or The Other Manning today...He was great, the O line gave him time and the Eagles only sacked him 3 times and he went 16-23 254 yards 4TD's 0 INT with a 145.7 passer rating

Mike M nice picking with both BUF and NYG!!!

Looks like Tammie or Mike M this week depending on the outcome of the MNF game. If DAL wins MiKe M gets the week, If WAS wins Tammie wins. Good Luck to both of you.
                                Last edited by jm1647; 26 Sep 2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...