Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Yesterday's Eagle - 49er was something. Either the Eagles did everything right and the 49er's did everything wrong or a weird combination of both. I dunno.
    2 receivers over a hundred yards. Westbrook had 89 yards and it's a shame he didn't get a 100. An Eagle team record 583 total yards.
    Gordon the new running back looked good. L.J. Smith, McNabb, Westbrook, The O line, the D line, nah make it the whole defense, Dawkins, Sheppard everybody.

I hate to say it but maybe Reid oughta run helmet first into McNabbs chest after every game, let him heal for a week and if McNabb plays like he did yesterday....

Tonight is "NFC East": Monday Night Football - Saints and the Giants, then the Redskins and Cowboys. I gotta root for the Saints cause they ain't NFC East and Katrina and for the Redskins for Joe Gibbs's comeback.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

"I gotta root for the Redskins for Joe Gibbs's comeback"
      Grrrrr I hate the "Redskins". Cowboys long time rival! We're gonna spank their butts!

GO COWBOYS!

Just a reminder, here is last years score for them:

Cowboys: 21

Redskins: 18
      Last edited by jmet; 20 Sep 2005, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

@jmet - I thought that woulda got to you if ya seen it. I know but what's a bigger rivalry there Skins or Eagles?. Ya know in Philly it's the Cowboys.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Skins are a bigger rivalry here, you know the olé saying. "Cowboys and Indians".

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Yeah I guess here in the city when we were kids doing the cowboy and indian thing we musta did alright against the indians so now we go after the Cowboys. We just think Dallas are the black hat cowboys that's all. The Cowboys have had great success against the Eagles in the past and in time it will be there turn again.

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

@jmet even though I was rootin' for the Skins, my condolences, I mean it. What a way to lose a game. If it was the Eagles I'd probably be kicking my self in the butt for puttin' my foot through the TV screen. Unbelievable ain't the word, 14 outta the last 15 is great but it shoulda been 15 outta 15 if somebody bumped Santana Moss coming off the line. When they flashed the graphic that the Tuna was 77-0 with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter it shoulda been 78-0. Ah well, that was only round 2 as they say 14 more to go. The NFC East is tight with a tie for 1st and 2nd.

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

lmao

It was a good game! lmao

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Well since your laughing - I thought I heard Evil Ways by Santana playing in the background

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

lmao

Comment

• Mikey J
                      Green as a leaf
                      • Sep 2005

Hey Fellas,

I'm form Australia and just wanted a fan's opinion of Ben Graham the new Punter for the Jets... can he do it?
                      Mike

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Mikey J
                        Hey Fellas,

I'm form Australia and just wanted a fan's opinion of Ben Graham the new Punter for the Jets... can he do it?
                        Mike
                        I haven't seen a regular season Jets game yet but by his stats he is doing it so far!
                        10 Punts - 44+ yard average, including 2 inside the 20 and 2 of 50 yards or more. He keeps it up and they'll be calling him the "Wiz from Oz"

Comment

• Mikey J
                          Green as a leaf
                          • Sep 2005

Good to hear... he was one of our "nice guys" and used to kick it 80 metres plus... I hope he goes well .. .thanks for writing back... personally... the strangest game I have ever seen... and I've been on Safari!

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Mikey J
                            Good to hear... he was one of our "nice guys" and used to kick it 80 metres plus... I hope he goes well .. .thanks for writing back... personally... the strangest game I have ever seen... and I've been on Safari!
                            80 metres+, they oughta let him try field goals too!!

Comment

• BR7
                              He is coming to your little town!
                              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
                              I haven't seen a regular season Jets game yet but by his stats he is doing it so far!
                              10 Punts - 44+ yard average, including 2 inside the 20 and 2 of 50 yards or more. He keeps it up and they'll be calling him the "Wiz from Oz"
                              I seen him in a couple games he is doing good he gets the ball out fast and deep.I seen an interview he did with CBS he is a very outgoing and funny guy he also brought up since he played rugby he isn't afraid to hit someone who knows he may set new standards on the punters role in the NFL

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Punters and kickers are usually referred to as weird but this guy sounds crazy... I like him.. He might be the Jets version of the Eagle Vince Papale...a real Kamikaze on special teams...I can't wait until the movie about Papale comes out, they say it's gonna be like a football version of Rocky.

Comment

Working...