• Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by soup
    Our fingers?
    Ah no....how am I gonna get them things outta my nose

@PA - remove the print screen button???? Never happen, try to disable during playing of the blu ray thingie maybe but then like ScreenHunter and other programs, use another key to take the screen shot besides the Print screen button

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

maybe they will ban computers oh ya thats right they make too many millions off them.

@jm1647,

That is my point why take off or disable something that has a million and one uses just becuase someone thought of the idea of screen shots for coping these movies. Like you said there are other programs that will do screen shots.

But for the rest of the million uses why should companies and people at home have to go to that extreem? They are just getting too carried away. Besides I am sure someone will find another way to copy the darn things someone always does. It does make me want to laugh in their faces though.
      Last edited by photo_angel2004; 8 Jul 2006, 02:17 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Ctrl+C would work if they ban the print screen button. lol

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Thanks for that tip I didnt know that.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

And jmets link to techdirt was a way to poke fun at the industry... at a ban on the print screen button by the industry

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

The people that wrote those articles have to be feeling stupid.

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

i seriously can't tell, is this a joke?

i don't see the method working anytime soon, capturing 25 1080i bmp's/sec will take a LOT of space, each frame will be ~5.9mb or so (like over 700GB for a 90 min movie, no hdd can keep up with that, almost 150 megabytes/sec), lossless or lossy compression is a no-no too, you'll end up with only a fraction of the movie due to skipped frames, not to mention the cpu load in actually rendering the video in the first place. and where does audio come in? we gonna start doing dts lossless through mic? puh-lease! bloody MPAA bastards

once people actually start buying into the next gen formats it will be broken in a much more sophisticated and convenient way
                Last edited by anonymez; 8 Jul 2006, 04:01 PM.
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

I don't know anything about HD or BluRay, seaming pics or anything like that so it's got me if it is a joke or not.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by anonymez
                    i seriously can't tell, is this a joke?

i don't see the method working anytime soon, capturing 25 1080i bmp's/sec will take a LOT of space, each frame will be ~5.9mb or so (like over 700GB for a 90 min movie, no hdd can keep up with that, almost 150 megabytes/sec), lossless or lossy compression is a no-no too, you'll end up with only a fraction of the movie due to skipped frames, not to mention the cpu load in actually rendering the video in the first place. and where does audio come in? we gonna start doing dts lossless through mic? puh-lease! bloody MPAA bastards

once people actually start buying into the next gen formats it will be broken in a much more sophisticated and convenient way

I am thinking not too many people would do that for reasons as you have explained but they want to disable the printsreen button over that idea.

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

There isn't a hole really. The computer is decrypting the movie to show on the monitor. The playing device in this case is the Blu Ray drive in the computer, also send the HDCP signal to what display is being used. In this case it is a monitor. To display the picture. The monitor has to decrypt the HDCP and then show the picture Any software that has a screenshot function and play Blu Ray movies will work (just like DVD now).

The HDCP will be the same with a proper Blu Ray player and a HDMI capable HDTV. The HDCP is sent through the HDMI.

Someone still has to crack the encryption on the actual disc.
                      Last edited by nwg; 8 Jul 2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...