• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Block Telemarketers From Calling Home & Cell Phones

National Do Not Call Registry

Go <a href="https://www.donotcall.gov" target="_blank">here</a> and put your phone number and email address in. Shortly after clicking the submit button, you will receive a email from them (if you don't see it, check your "Junk Mail" folder). In that email just click the link at the top and your done.

You can also call 1-888-382-1222 and do it over the phone. Just make sure you are calling from the phone or phone number you want to put on the list.
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Works pretty good, I've had the both the house numbers and all our cell phones registered for a while. And in the state of NJ there is also a state of New Jersey Do Not Call registry that has more restrictions than the Federal one. NJ residents read about it here.

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

I use this as well it works great you just have to remember to renew it every 5 years

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Thanks jmet,
        I had lost that number and my wifes Grandparents need that done desperately, did not know you had to renew though, I suppose you know when the five years are up automatically, when they start calling again.

Comment

• bill7621
          It could be worse.
          • Jun 2005

This is great and works well. I've been on this do not call list for a while now and it has stopped almost all calls from telemarketers. I still get an occasional call, but not often. I was getting five and six calls a day. The only problem is if companies go to overseas telemarketers, they aren't bound by the same laws and don't have to abide by this list. At least that's the way I understand it.
          Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

And any company you do business with can still call as I understand it.

Comment

• ed klein
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

Too bad ALL the government officials are exempt from the calls.

When it is near election time, all the government officials, senators, governor, district attorneys want to call you and tell you their BS.

Without their caller ID number listed or to trace back their number by using *69.

Government corruption at it best.

Comment

• Kabuchan
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
                And any company you do business with can still call as I understand it.
                That's right. I take orders for all those infomercials and if you give them your phone number they can call you. And believe me, they sell more than just the item you bought. Each company sells at least 5 different products and they will call you on those!

I've had great success with the registry. I get maybe 1 call every 2-3 months!
                That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• a2j3
                  If it aint broke, don't fix it
                  • Feb 2006

Hello Jmet

Thank u so much 4 this link. My disabled mother gets calls between 1 ndt 3am almost everymorning from telemarketers. I hope this solves the problem 4 her.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...