Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangedrink
    • Feb 2005

Dvd drive acting up

im new to backing up my dvds and usually use dvdshrink and i use recordnow to burn . when i put in a dvd-r, many times recordnow wont read it at first and keeps telling me to insert a blank disc and ejecting. i dont know if its just a glitch or if its something with my drive. thanks also, is there any way of getting rid of the jumps they copies sometimes have in the last 30 min. of the movie?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

look in this forum for dvd player and dvd writer/burner media compatibility, second what is your burn speed? try to keep it 4x or lower when you confirm the proper media to use....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

"when i put in a dvd-r, many times recordnow wont read it at first and keeps telling me to insert a blank disc and ejecting."
      Go here regarding the compatibility issues of your burner/writer: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters

"also, is there any way of getting rid of the jumps they copies sometimes have in the last 30 min. of the movie?"
      Solution: Use a better more reliable brand of media such as Ritek Ridata or Verbatim. Cheap crappy media is not properly manufactured around the edge of the disc, hence why near the end of the movie you are experiencing undesirable playback.

Comment

• orangedrink
        • Feb 2005

thanks for the help. but as for the incompatability, just about all of the discs are eventually read but sometimes it just doesnt read that theres a disc in there. it is a minor problem to be sure. and i havnt had too much problems with skipping since i started analysing with shrink.

Comment

Working...