Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triumphdog
    • Jan 2005

Question...

I was making a backup copy of Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. I first used Decrypter, then shrink, and I did just the movie, as I always do because I want 100% video quality as that is the most important to me, and then burned with decrypter. Well it got all the way to 100% and then it was on the finalizing part, something about cache, and it just sat there for about 15 min. so I ejected it myself, since it normally only takes about 1 minute. Well then I tried it and it didnt work, so I burned it again except with different media (Fuji -R) and it worked perfectly. The other media that messed up was Memorex and I have other movies that turned out fine when I used Memorex. So the question is, has anyone had it that it just was simply a bad burn no matter what media it was or a simuilar problem with the finalizing? I really dont want to test it all over again and take the hour+ to see if I can get it to work with the Memorex. I just wanted some opinions...
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Memorex is not very good or reliable media. Some times they might work, some times they don't . A slight few have had good luck with Memorex media. Probably just got a bad disc out of the spindle. But, I would be leery though about the rest of the disc in that spindle or pack.

Comment

• Bonehead632
      • Jan 2005

When I first started backing up my DVD's......I bought a 5 pack of memorex and they worked fine........so, best buy puts a spindle of 50 on sale 1 day, of the exact same discs........after 8 failed burns......I returned the discs (good thing Best buy is like Wal-fart) and went back to Maxcell/TDK/Phillips.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Borderline media can sometimes be successful on lower capacity, lower speed burns. It might save throwing the remainder away.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...