Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lister
    • Feb 2003

More problems encoding .vob file

I got virtualdub to open the .vob file, and it made a .ac3 file for the audio. I place video encoding to use Divx 5.01 at 900kbit, and audio to use MP3 at 192kb. When I try to save the .avi, I get this error:

"The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

Did I grab the ac3 sound incorrectly? Here's the line for the divx CLI:

-b1 900 -key 300 -dr 12,2,2000,10,20 -sc 50 -pq 3

It will let me encode with "direct stream copy" but is that any good? If I try it, I get a message saying:

"You have selected an audio compressor, but the audio mode is set to Direct Stream Copy. The audio mode must be set to Full Processing Mode to enable audio compression" ...so it really won't let me encode the audio. HELP!!!!
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

"The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

Is the samling rate the same for input as for output?

"It will let me encode with "direct stream copy" but is that any good?"

AFAIK this wont encode anything....

"You have selected an audio compressor, but the audio mode is set to Direct Stream Copy. The audio mode must be set to Full Processing Mode to enable audio compression" ...so it really won't let me encode the audio. HELP!!!!

If you set to Full Processing Mode you can compress the audio

Comment

• Lister
      • Feb 2003

I gave up on it. I read a tutorial on Gordain Knot, and that got my DVD encoded in a little over 12 hours!!! Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...