Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pozut
    • Jun 2003

mulitple audio streams...

how would i go about making 2 audio streams for 1 avi file and being able to switch between them at will? actually, i don't even know if it's possible. in case no one understands what i'm saying, how would i put the movie audio and the directors comments in the same avi file, so i could switch between them?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

NanDub (and perhaps VirtualDubMod) will allow you to incorporate a second audiostream in your DivX-compressed .AVI.

Installing the Morgan Stream Switcher will allow you to choose (at any time) between them...

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

and perhaps VirtualDubMod
      it most definitely does since it is the most advanced version so far

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

VirtualDubMod definetly does;
        But I found it goes smoother if you have the audio tracks already converted before you mux them in inthe avi file with VirtualDubMod (that is using direct stream copy)
        An alternative way is having the audio tracks as separate files, and load them individualy in the player (BSPlayer does this with ease)

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

But I found it goes smoother if you have the audio tracks already converted before you mux them in inthe avi file with VirtualDubMod (that is using direct stream copy)
          me too

i prefer to create audio streams separately and finally mux with vdMOD

Comment

• Pozut
            • Jun 2003

thanks, ill give those a try. but i do have a question about it, especially virtualdubmod. see, when i multiplex an avi with a wav, i find that the audio is out of sync if i multiplex and compress the audio in the same dub, so i multiplex the avi and wav, then open the new file and compress the wav. that might not be a problem with mod, but if it is, how would i fix the a/v sync, since there are 2 streams, would each need the exact same timing tweaks? if that won't be a problem or is easy to do, just say so...i'll figure it out. im just worried about the sync.

Comment

Working...