Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eli2k
    • Oct 2002

Fixing a Truncated DivX

I ran a DivX file through GSpot and it said the Divx was trucated, missing a few megabytes. I cannot load it in BSPlayer, either. I can open it inside Nandub, and after letting it do some 'rekeying' process, I can browse the movie. If I save it, even if I put Video in Full Processing mode, it'll turn out to be 20 GB because it's uncompressed and it doesn't compress for some reason. Ummm, the file size right now is 136, but real size is probably around 150 MB. But I want to recover what I can, anyway. Is there a way to fix it? I ran DivXRepair and it said "All frames good" but it still didn't let the video file load. If I rightclick and view properties, the stats and info are there, too.
    -Eli
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try rebuilding its index using DivFix.

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

Use NanDub.
      Open the file and tick "popup extentnded open options" and then tick "Redrive keyframe flags".

After the video is open (could take a while) set video to "DirectStreamCopy" and resave under a different file name.
      Should be ok.

Edge
      Attached Files
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• eli2k
        • Oct 2002

I chose Direct Stream Copy instead of Full Processing and it copied the DivX file to another file and how it works. Thanks!
        -Eli

Comment

Working...