Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niceonedave
    • Feb 2003

No audio in any player except DivX Player

I have been trying to watch a divx file, but there doesn't seem to be any audio. I checked it with gspot and I have attached the results as a screenshot here, everything seems to be fine, all codecs are installed.

I can't hear the audio in WMP or Real One player, but I can if I use DivX player, so there is nothing wrong with the actual flie. I just prefer to always use WMP, so if anyone has any ideas of why the audio won't play in WMP but it will in DivX player then please let me know.
    Attached Files
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

your avi seems to have a simple mp3 audio stream, which should be played by any player.

you did not by chance DISabled audio in wmp?

did you try other decent players like bsplayer or zoomplayer?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you have a fairly recent version of the Windows Media Player installed (v.8.xx or 9.xx), it probably includes a limited sampling rate version of an .MP3 codec (64Kbps maximum).

Download and install the Radium (Fraunhoefer hack) .MP3 codec. Then go into the Windows Control Panel ("Multimedia" or similar section) and click on "Audio codecs". Turn off ALL .MP3 codecs EXCEPT the one that includes the word "Professional" in the name. Reboot your system.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...