X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kanary
    • Mar 2003

garbeled tv-out for Xvid movies on G550

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some tips or help here. I have the following problem, let me describe it to you:

I use the tv-out on my matrox G550 to view my divx movies. Up until a few days ago this all worked just fine. I view using media player, the movie is normal size on my monitor and full screen on my tv.

Now lately I wanted to watch a new movie that I got that was encoded using the Xvid codec. I have viewed Xvid encoded movies before using the same codec packs installed and the same graphics card but on another (much powerfull) computer.

When I watch this movie (and any other Xvid encoded movie) my tv picture is all garbeled and scrambled. It isn't even the picture of the movie but looks like some pictures of a movie that I watched before (and looked good on my tv)

The picture on the monitor is clear without any problems, I just can't get it to work on my tv. I tried deinstalling all codecs (packs) that I had. Only installed the latest alpha and normal ffdshow codecs. No effect, still garbeled image. CPU load is rather high, but also with movies using about 50% cpu, the image is screwed.

Has anyone experienced these same symptoms or any suggestions that I might try ??

All help is appreciated.

TIA

Richard
Working...