X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfann
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jun 2006

Welcome to the " I've Been Throttled " club..
    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

I found this site that I feel comfortable using it's called Switch Discs .SwitchDiscs is a new and exciting way for people to switch their old dvds, cds and video games to get the ones they want, for free. Start enjoying more great movies, music and games then ever before. The best part…everything is free, you only pay for shipping. I have the same name as I do here maybe I will see some of you over there

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by afulle03
        I hate netflix, but I live in the sticks its 45min to a movie rental place, BAH tell me about it, BUT OMG netflix almost makes it worth the drive. I live in Southwest Virginia; they send me movies from Cali. WTF is that about!!!. I've wrote complaint after complaint, Nothing seems to help.... I was told they have to facilities in Va one in Richmond and one in somewhere else I forget right now im to mad to think... Ok 14 days ago I got 3 movies, watched them and returned them the next day before 4pm, which is when our mail leaves out. And they stated they have not got them yet GRR WTF..... My sleeves are sent back to Richmond which is the furthest of the 2 here in VA, but hey its better than Cali.... I talked to a guy via the email chat and told him this is BS that you claim not to have my movies yet its been 2 weeks since I sent them. He said oh use the report issue next to the movie and report them as lost in the mail, HAHAHAH I did that and oh guess what the next day they now claim they got all 3 of them, I hate them with a passion but have no other choice, Do any of you know how to get netflix on the "BALL"? I told my roommate next time I am going to purchase the time and date of delivery confirmation when I send them and see how that works out! Its really funny you can send 3 or 4 movies back to them at the same time and they claim to get 2 one day and then 2 days later claim to get the other two. Netflix really needs some work done. And I think I'll complain to the Better Business Bureau hope you all do the same.. Their website www.bbb.org There are 9 different Netflix listings but the main on is corporate located in Cali. I’ve copied and pasted the the link. The report is to long to post here, If you want to review the other facilities just do a search for netflix http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?bid=206533
        After 6 days you can report a DVD as missing in the mail either way.

A customer rep from NF told me on the phone to manually keep a record of the last months sent, received and acknowledged received dates and send them to NF so they could forward it to the Postmaster of my Post Office in NJ. I said why, it is all on the website, she said it has to be done manually

NF blames the Post Office and the Post Office blames NF

Comment

• thesmallelder
          • Aug 2006

I'm was throttled user as well. I was able to get 6 DVDs a week for about 5 weeks until all of sudden they wouldn't recieve my DVDs until 2-3 days after I sent them (they usually recieved them the next day). I cancelled after checking out the movie section in my library. Definetely have a look at your local library; mine has all the latest movies usually available (I was able to borrow 90% of the movies from my NetFlix queue in about two weeks). There's also a nifty online search telling you if dvds are available or not.

Comment

• volfann
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jun 2006

Hello, My name is Volfann and I've been throttled.The first step in being cured is admitting you have a problem..
            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• superman217
              Newblit
              • Jul 2006

I dont know if this has been said, but I used blockbuster online, and I found if you just use report dvd issues, not recieved, they usually send you the next one right away. So you are ahead and the winner! Sorta lol Just do it after there three day thing or whatever it is even if you acutally got hte movie.
              The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by superman217
                I dont know if this has been said, but I used blockbuster online, and I found if you just use report dvd issues, not recieved, they usually send you the next one right away. So you are ahead and the winner! Sorta lol Just do it after there three day thing or whatever it is even if you acutally got hte movie.
                Yup, I mentioned it...same thing with returns to BB

Comment

• goalie30
                  • Sep 2006

Intelliflix

I have been with Intelliflix since April '06 on the Gold SuperPass 2-Out at a time plan.

They have some nice features that no one else has. A hold/send button to leave title in your queue without assigning the title to you. A "coming back" feature available after the first month to advance you the next movie, but only one can be claimed as coming back at a time. A click and drag queue. They will advance another title if you claim one broken. Coming back and broken/unplayable available after 4 days and shipping delay after 7. They put stamps on their envelopes so there is a post office postmark.

They say their goal is to get you movies in 1-3 days. The movies have come from MS, WV, KY, NH, NJ, MA and CA. They use individual distribution centers. The discs from each center come with different labels on them. I have been averaging about 7-8 movies a month. I live in south florida. Here's the breakdown of 31 movie roundtrip transit times. I don't include sundays, holidays or the day the title was placed into the mail. 3@5 days, 8@6 days, 5@7 days, 4@9 days, 3@10 days, and 4@11 days. Only 1/3 took the 3 days or less one way shipping Intelliflix says they strive for.

I think they do not have enough copies of each title because there are many titles i have been waiting for since joining, especially the mature titles and new releases. I've ended up buying or renting from the local BB a few of the new releases i wanted. I have also ended up doing a pay per rental for a few high demand titles i wanted. $4.52 with free shipping both ways.

Four titles out of 32 so far have been scratched or outright broken and unplayable.

You cannot instantly upgrade your plan unless you are going from a per month plan to a yearly plan. You have to wait for your year renewal date to upgrade to a bigger plan. And they dont let you see which titles are available like BB does. They only tell you if there is a long wait and it's not likely you will be assigned a title in the next 30 days.

I have just signed up with BB online so I can have something to compare to since i know they have a distribution center in Miami. I have a BB store a mile away to use my coupons at.

Any more questions, just ask!
                  Last edited by goalie30; 10 Sep 2006, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• baliistik
                    • Apr 2006

netflix

netflix and blockbuster online etc... thats the reason i never used them, broken/scratched discs, and i never would have the patiance to wait when i could just drive to the store and rent/review disc quality b4 perchase.... but 4 outta 32...
                    doesnt seem to bad!

baliistik
                    Last edited by baliistik; 20 Sep 2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Between NF and BB I have had 1 cracked and about 3 total between the 2 that were scratched bad enuff they could not be played without trouble and I am approaching ~400 rentals between the 2 of them

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Nov 2005

Ive done both Netflix and BB.
                        I like BB better, because they give you one free coupon per week to use at your local BB store. Plus, i not think they throttle as much as Netflix.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
                          Ive done both Netflix and BB.
                          I like BB better, because they give you one free coupon per week to use at your local BB store. Plus, i not think they throttle as much as Netflix.
                          I agree, with using BB so far, from the end Of April '06. I have been with NF since '05

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Nov 2005

jm1647,
                            Just curious, but why do you need both Netflix and BB at the same time?
                            Would it not be cheaper to increase the number of movies you can rent at once at just one of them?

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
                              jm1647,
                              Just curious, but why do you need both Netflix and BB at the same time?
                              Would it not be cheaper to increase the number of movies you can rent at once at just one of them?
                              I've been with NF since '05 and my daughter was with BB. She was going to cancel the account in April so I took it over. NF usually has a very long wait for new movies I won't and BB usually doesn't most of the time. Plus with BB I can use the 4 free instore rentals to get one quick if I want to. NF has already told me on the phone I am a heavy renter and order new titles frequently so I have a lower priority

Comment

• athlon700
                                • Sep 2006

I havent had problem with nf receiving returns they just dont ship the next one in Q for 3 or 4 days, used to be same day as receiving them. As far as scratched ones, I bought a disk repair kit and it works well enough to view the movie.

Comment

Working...