Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

@d00by - when I first started with NF on the 3@time plan I was getting 6+ turnarounds a month (18 -21 DVD's a month) lately I have only been getting 12-15. I have seen where it could be the USPS and the way they handle bulk mail though. I even think my mail man could be watching my DVD's too, that little round sticker comes off, roll the envelope like a tank tread, the DVD comes right out, watch it...put it back in the envelope and restick the little round sticker. Bingo...a free subscription to NF. I told NF about the sticker thing and they have changed nothing.

MY post office blames NF and NF blames the PO.

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

I was still getting more from Netflix per month, being throttled, than I do with Blockbusters online regularly, But it's the 4 free in-store coupons that sold me for Blockbusters. At least if there was going to be a very long wait for a new title that I wanted, I could just go up to the in-store location and just get it.
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• floresdave
        results may vary
        • Mar 2006

I'm still with netflix. Think i got throttled once towards end of month, but for most part all is good. Hate to sound smug, but most of the new movies i have been getting lately haven't been that good anyway so it's working out for me. Father in law does Blockbuster seems happy with it. With my new job it's hard to find the time anymore to get through the movies.

Comment

• mahoney19
          • Apr 2005

I have been with Netflix for 18 months now. My rate of getting movies has stayed really consistent the whole time. The only time it really sucks is during the legal holiday when the post office does not work. I have been getting many cracked dvds lately though. 8 in the last 2 months. I think the gorilla from the old samsonite commerical now works for the local post office. I complained to Netflix about the amount of broken dvds and they gave me half off my rental fees for they months.

Comment

• foragerst
            • May 2005

Some blockbuster stores are called online stores and from what ive been told help package the movies and stuff. I work at a local BB store.

Comment

• floresdave
              results may vary
              • Mar 2006

So Blockbuster actually has the cool movies i'm looking for they just hide them in the back and make me pick from the same ones i've seen in there for years.

Thanks blockbuster

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

I was on BB 3 at a time plan for a year. 1st few months were o.k. then got to where I was lucky to get 5 or 6 movies a month. New releases became impossible to get for weeks at a time. My biggest issue was sending movies back and BB not receiving them for 5 days!!!! By that time all of the new movies in my queue would suddenly become unavailable. BB was shipping from Louisville,Ky. and I live in Southern Tn. ,so 5 days to recieve movies after mailing was a bit too long for me. Netflix delivers from Chattanooga which is only 50 miles away and I get a 1 day turnaround . If there are enough movies I want to see I can usually get 20 a month with netflix. Been with NF 3 months now and I for one am much happier with their service.
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• afulle03
                  • Jun 2006

Netflix suxs for me, Sometimes they are fast and then sometimes they are super slow. I called them before we signed up and asked them where they have thier shipping and recieveing plant at. And the guy said we have one in Christiansburg and Richmond. Ok well now that we are memebers, all of our return envelopes go to Richmond with is about 10 hours away verses Christiansburg which is about 2 hours away. Sometimes it takes up to 5 days to get a movies and up to 5 days for them to get a movie, SCAM! RIP OFF and a bunch of B/sh*t,,,,,,,

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Right now I using both BB and NF on the 3@time plan. Been with NF over a year and BB for a coupla months. Right now both of them vary with turn in time that goes anywhere from 1- 12 days and all are mailed from my house.

I have had to report movies as not received on BB (only 3 days vs NF 6) and also as returned to them after 6 days. Some times the turnaround with both of them is quick sometimes not. Sometimes on both my expected delivery date is the next day sometimes 2-3 weekdays later (and not over a weekend).

In an earlier post I mentioned NF blames the post office and The post office blames NF. It has also been mentioned that they are delivered by bulk mail and the postal service handles bulk mail different than first class.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                      • Nov 2005

I've used both in the past, and see little difference. I like NF's setup better, but BB gives you four free rentals from their stores, which I used for the above mentioned hard to get new releases. I've run both at the same time in the past to try and compare, and usually there's one of them jerking you around somehow, trying to manipulate their numbers. You can always tell, too. For awhile, things cruise along great with no probs and fast turnarounds, and then suddenely all hell breaks loose. Discs not shipped, not recieved, 3-day deliveries vs 1, etc. Bitch enough, and sometimes things get better for awhile again. Regardless of their propaganda, both of them are engaged in manipulation to increase revenue. Remember, it costs them to ship it, not you. Less discs shipped is less money spent by them.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

I just got 3 from NF the day after shipping and this time the 3 from BB took 2 days as they both had in my queue beer:

Comment

• copyless
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Apr 2006

Here lately, my BB account has been giving me a little difficulty, but I don't mind so much. Because when I write them nasty e-mails they send me a free coupon that is good for a movie/game rental. I always let my son use them for a game rental, since they are like $8.50 vs. $4.50 for the movie.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Hmmm I reported a DVD as being received damaged to NF yesterday morning, my queue yesterday afternoon said shipping Friday. I just looked and there was no mention of a shipping date in there just now. I called and was told we'll give ya a bonus DVD and let ya have 4 out....WTF...sure they don't ship on Saturday, maybe they'll ship it on Monday...sorta of a way to throttle ya but they don't do that....yea right......aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• floresdave
                              results may vary
                              • Mar 2006

You actually have a phone number to Netflix! I email them from time to time to make suggestions. When they pull shenanigans I just give them a taste of their own medicine. If i keep a movie long enough to report it missing then i do before i send it back, cutting a day or two off of the turnaround time. Usually i just let the service take its course. I really don't have much patience for trying to bargain with customer service reps.
                              I usually just try to send my movies back early enough in the week to recieve new ones for the weekend in case i have company or can't find anything exciting to watch. If i don't have any movies to watch over a weekend that is what makes me resort to the drastic measures i call reverse throttling.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Netflix's number in the US (on the East Coast anyway) is 1-888-Net-Flix... calling them costs them money . Ya can't report a DVD as missing with NF until it I think 6 days after ya say ya mailed it back....so saying ya received a damgaged one and send the next in my queue, can get ya another one quicker. But in this case it was really damaged and I wanted the same DVD sent again.

Comment

Working...