X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfann
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jun 2006

Reverse throttling!! now that's funny...
    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• volfann
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Jun 2006

O.K. I recant my previous endorsement of Netflix. I have now been officially throttled. Time to go back to BB and get those free coupons again.. Netflix can
      sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

@jm1647, you know I am not sure about the Saturday thing, I have wondered this also. Because sometimes (like three in several months) I get e-mails on Saturday saying they have received my DVD and then the one saying they shipped the next one. So I can't figure out the Saturday processing, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
          @jm1647, you know I am not sure about the Saturday thing, I have wondered this also. Because sometimes (like three in several months) I get e-mails on Saturday saying they have received my DVD and then the one saying they shipped the next one. So I can't figure out the Saturday processing, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.
          You might have received the emails on a Saturday but when were they dated?
          March of '06 I was with NF a year and never got an email from them on a Saturday or have they ever said they shipped a movie on Saturday. And I very rarely get movies the day after they said they shipped them. And some of my returns have legitimately take 14 days to get back to them, so they say. I have had to report for real, over 25 movies as being not received by NF within a 6 day window after I mailed them back. Istarted with them on the trial gettin 6+ turnarounds a month, now I'm lucky to get 4 on average lately.

From their website

Q: How soon will Netflix send my first movies?
          A: We ship movies every day except Saturday and Sunday. Movies usually arrive in about one business day following shipment.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
            • Nov 2005

Damn, jm, that's terrible. I've been jerked around by both BB and Net before, but never to that degree. It seems that bitching and blustering would set them straight for awhile, and then they'd dick with me again when they thought I'd forgotten the last time. Both have equal probs IMO, but BB gives you those free rentals.

Comment

• Aegmorgil
              • Nov 2005

@ copyless

Lately, they haven't been processing anything at all for me on Saturdays. No shipping or even acknowledging receipt. I know my movies get there Sat, but nothing's been moving until Monday now.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Aegmorgil
                Damn, jm, that's terrible. I've been jerked around by both BB and Net before, but never to that degree. It seems that bitching and blustering would set them straight for awhile, and then they'd dick with me again when they thought I'd forgotten the last time. Both have equal probs IMO, but BB gives you those free rentals.
                Yup Aegmorgil, I have done my share of complaining to both BB and NF so far. I have been with BB only a few months and now most of my DVD's have an expected 2 day delivery date instead of 1 and I'm about 10 miles from Philadelphia . The instore rentals at BB is a plus though

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

From the current Netflix Terms Of Use (which had 2-13 movies average movies per month in it when I first signed up) average rentals per month 2-11, over a 16% reduction . As they state they can change the Terms Of Service without notifying you.

Code:
                  Allocation, Delivery and Return of Rented DVDs 
                  We reserve the right to process orders and otherwise allocate and ship DVDs among our subscribers in any manner that we, in our sole and absolute discretion, determine. In addition, we will, in our sole and absolute discretion, determine the quantity of DVDs we purchase for any particular title, their location within our distribution network and the level of staffing and number of shipments to be processed at each distribution center. As a result of the operational practices described in this section, we may not always send you the top choices from your queue, ship out your next DVD on the same day that we receive one from you, or process orders from your local distribution center.

At present, our goal is to ship you the DVDs listed highest in your queue. We currently try to ship you DVDs from the distribution center closest to you so that you get movies quickly. Generally, on the same day that we receive a DVD from you, we will ship the next available DVD from your queue. In certain instances, your next available DVD will not ship until at least one business day following our receipt of your returned movie. This can occur, for example, when your top choices are not available to you from your closest distribution center or the number of shipments to be processed by the distribution center on that day has been exceeded. When one or both of these conditions exist, your DVD will likely ship on the next business day and may come from an alternate distribution center.

In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we may utilize many different factors, including without limitation, the number and type of DVDs you rent through our service, the subscription plan you select, as well as other uses of our service by you. For example, if all other factors are the same, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. The type, number, mix and weighting of the various factors impacting shipping and inventory allocation will change from time to time and will be made in our sole and absolute discretion. As a result of your viewing habits and our operational practices, the actual number of DVDs you rent in any month may vary, and you may experience differentiated service during the course of your membership. Also, such service may be different from the service we provide to other members on the same membership plan. The type of differentiated service you may experience includes, without limitation, (i) the shipment of your next available DVD occurring at least one business day following return of your previously viewed movie, (ii) delivery taking longer, as the shipments may not be sent from your local distribution center and (iii) the movies you receive coming from lower in your queue more often than our other subscribers. These effects will not occur unless we are faced with limited inventory at your local distribution center or when the number of shipments to be processed by that distribution center on that day is exceeded. In our unlimited plans, we do not establish a monthly limit on the number of DVDs you can rent.

Other factors that may affect delivery times, include, but are not limited to, (i) the distance between the distribution center from which your DVD was shipped and your delivery address, (ii) the timing of your placement or adjustment of movies in your queue, (iii) circumstances impacting delivery by the U.S. Postal Service, and (iv) any unplanned downtime of our computer systems.

We receive mail from the USPS and process returns Monday through Friday, except Holidays. Generally all of the returns are processed on the same day received. We will send an email to you soon after processing your return, and another email letting you know when we have shipped your next DVD, including the anticipated day of delivery. We make no guaranty as to the shipping and delivery of DVDs and may, in our sole and absolute discretion, change our business practice regarding allocation, delivery and shipping, without notice. We may from time to time revise these Terms of Use but we will not necessarily provide you notice of the revisions. It is up to you to review the Terms of Use frequently to determine if there have been changes. We believe that our operational practices, including how we prioritize shipping and inventory allocation among our subscribers, provide a great value to all our subscribers.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                    Digital Video Maniac
                    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by volfann
                    Netflix can

Good use of the smileys bro!

Originally Posted by jm1647
                    The instore rentals at BB is a plus though
                    Thats the only reason I am sticking with BB.
                    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• floresdave
                      results may vary
                      • Mar 2006

If blockbuster had pride fighting and more music dvd's i would switch. Gotta have PRIDEFC

Comment

• copyless
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Apr 2006

I was speaking of BB, I have no idea about NF. But that is why I was curious, the e-mails were dated that day, but only a couple of times in several months. I wonder if it had to do with out sourcing or something, although I have only received DVDs with stamps a couple of times and neither of the times were those. I'll probably never know why it happened those couple of times.

Comment

• mahoney19
                          • Apr 2005

Just started having a different problem with netflix. Some of the last dvds shipped to me have not come from the nearest netflix shipping facility to where I live near Las Vegas. The DVDS came from Gaithersberg MD and Memphis TN. So the return envelopes were addressed to those locations. I just doubled up the rentals in The Las Vegas return envelopes. Could this be a new tactic to slow do times for frequent renters?

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

BINGO. We have a winner!!!
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

@mahoney19 - I'm in Jersey and got one that was addressed to go back back to North Carolina. I crossed out the NC address and made it the Philly one where my stuff normally comes from and goes back to.
                              I asked NF about it and they said the Post Office should mail it to the nearest NF as the envelope says even tho it had a NC PO box. I didn't take any chances either

Comment

• afulle03
                                • Jun 2006

I hate netflix, but I live in the sticks its 45min to a movie rental place, BAH tell me about it, BUT OMG netflix almost makes it worth the drive. I live in Southwest Virginia; they send me movies from Cali. WTF is that about!!!. I've wrote complaint after complaint, Nothing seems to help.... I was told they have to facilities in Va one in Richmond and one in somewhere else I forget right now im to mad to think... Ok 14 days ago I got 3 movies, watched them and returned them the next day before 4pm, which is when our mail leaves out. And they stated they have not got them yet GRR WTF..... My sleeves are sent back to Richmond which is the furthest of the 2 here in VA, but hey its better than Cali.... I talked to a guy via the email chat and told him this is BS that you claim not to have my movies yet its been 2 weeks since I sent them. He said oh use the report issue next to the movie and report them as lost in the mail, HAHAHAH I did that and oh guess what the next day they now claim they got all 3 of them, I hate them with a passion but have no other choice, Do any of you know how to get netflix on the "BALL"? I told my roommate next time I am going to purchase the time and date of delivery confirmation when I send them and see how that works out! Its really funny you can send 3 or 4 movies back to them at the same time and they claim to get 2 one day and then 2 days later claim to get the other two. Netflix really needs some work done. And I think I'll complain to the Better Business Bureau hope you all do the same.. Their website www.bbb.org There are 9 different Netflix listings but the main on is corporate located in Cali. I’ve copied and pasted the the link. The report is to long to post here, If you want to review the other facilities just do a search for netflix http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?bid=206533
                                Last edited by afulle03; 22 Aug 2006, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...