X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

So I got 12 movies since they shipped the first batch 10-30-06 and I didn't return one of the movies I received from the
    They are not giving me anything like that. I was giving them a chance to get any bugs worked out with the new program, but I think I need to call them today.
    They are definantly not shipping the next movies in my queue like they are supposed to - in fact, never have.

In the past, I would get an email letting me know that they received a movie, & then a day or 2 would go by before they would let me know that they were sending the next movie. Will call today, let you know the results.

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by youthinksoo
      One thing I still don't understand is this concept of additonal movies. If you are on the 3 at a time plan and you exchange them in the store for 3 other movies from the store, blockbuster said they will still ship the next movies on your list. I don't understand how that can work if your plan is for only 3 movies checked out at a time? I am not talking about the usage of cupons here.
      Thats the way it works, the movies you return to a store are just like using coupons, the movies you get with them don't count to how many you have out

Originally Posted by katzdvd
      They are not giving me anything like that. I was giving them a chance to get any bugs worked out with the new program, but I think I need to call them today.
      They are definantly not shipping the next movies in my queue like they are supposed to - in fact, never have.

In the past, I would get an email letting me know that they received a movie, & then a day or 2 would go by before they would let me know that they were sending the next movie. Will call today, let you know the results.
      @katz - Yeah, sounds like you may be having a problem. When did you return online movies to a store?

youthinksoo reminded me of the coupons, I forgot the 2 weekly coupons I used so far for November. So 14 movies total - 2 coupons used, 6 movies received from online and 6 I received turning the online movies in to a local store since 3 DVDs were shipped on 10-30-06

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

I checked my online queue again this morning, they added to my shipped DVDs after I checked and posted last night. They shipped another one yesterday

@katz - I'm thinking maybe the person at your BB didn't do swomething right or maybe the envelope didn't scan right or something. It seems to be working fine from the store I go to
        Attached Files

Comment

• mahoney19
          • Apr 2005

I checked with my BB and they are part of the new program but no but the manager has any clue how it works. For everything positive you guys have said so far it looks like when my NF expires on the 16th I will make the switch.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by mahoney19
            I checked with my BB and they are part of the new program but no but the manager has any clue how it works. For everything positive you guys have said so far it looks like when my NF expires on the 16th I will make the switch.
            Positive, Yes Indeedy I can't think of anything NF can do to compete with this except maybe make their 3@time plan a 9@time plan for the same price. Or maybe go in cahoots with a brick and mortar store like Hollywood Video or somebody .

With the online rentals and free instore exchange Ya can't get hurt. I'm on track for a ~50 maybe+ DVD month the way things are going right now and using my still existing 4 free weekly rental coupons for the month of November
            Attached Files

Comment

• KaptKopter
              • Jun 2003

Last week I was well on the way to seeing 19 movies from Blockbuster. A "week" is from Monday through Sunday. The second set of three mailed movies turned into the local BB didn't "clear" the warehouse until Friday. This pushed their delivery off till the next Monday because of Veterans Day. So I'm trying again this week. Turned in three Monday, picked up three from the store. Should get three in the mail today, dump them to the video server and take them back to the store along with the three from Mondays store visit.

So at an average of 4.3 weeks per month times 19 this means a potential of 81.7 DVD's! Not likely. I do see at least 13 per week with a total of 55.9.

Note that "clearing" the warehouse means acknowledgment that the next three movies have been mailed. Not necessarily the acknowledgment that they have been received.

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

Anyone else noticed a delay in shipping new releases since total access started?

BB had always shipped me the weeks new releases on Mondays and for the past 3 weeks they have not gotten shipped before Tuesday or Wednesday..
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• KaptKopter
                  • Jun 2003

Was able to get 19 last week. Turned in three on Friday. Only one confirmed new send since then. Two are lagging. I'm being reappropriated!

Comment

• katzdvd
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Feb 2006

Anyone else noticed a delay in shipping new releases since total access started
                    Yes - I guess they don't want to be too generous!

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

I have gotten a total of 35 including using the 3 weekly coupons and instore swaps so far since Oct 30th and have the coupon still to use for this week. My queue is not showing anything for shipment right now, They will probably ship 3 today

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Yes - I guess they don't want to be too generous!

Nothing shipped for me today either, and only showing 1 out in the queue, so I called Customer Service and they are emailing 2 free instore rental coupons so I have a movie to watch for Thanksgiving

Comment

• NightTran
                          King of Digital Video
                          King of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

I just sign up for this new one, I hope it work out
                          sigpic

Comment

• MikeyBK
                            Digital Video Maniac
                            • Feb 2006

A good way to get all the new releases would be to return all three of your online DVDs to the stores on Tuesday mornings, if you are able to like I would since I live a few blocks from a Blockbusters.
                            That way I'll be getting 6 movies per week, including all of the weeks new releases. 6 a week is far more than great for me.

I am currently finishing up my last couple weeks with Netflix and I have been getting 3 per week (I do keep them for the whole week though and send them back over the week-end). With this 3 a week pace I've been going with, Netflix has sent me new releases every Mondays and I am getting them on Tuesdays, mailing them back on Saturdays, they receive them on Mondays, send more new releases on that Monday again, and I end up with 3 again on Tuesday. (I think I confused myself with that explanation...lol)

3 new releases a week has been really good for me, so I'm not 100% percent decided if I am actually going to change back to Blockbusters or not.
                            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                            Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                            ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                            Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                            XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                            Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                            Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                            *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                            *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• katzdvd
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Feb 2006

I just sign up for this new one, I hope it work out
                              I believe it is the best deal going, night! You will like it. I am not getting as many rentals as jm, but he must live closer to a distribution center than I do.

You can contact blockbuster, & they will tell you where your movies will be shipping from. Since they started this new plan, it looks like I will be getting 30 to 35 movies per month. (maybe more, but that is what it looks like for now; also, with a couple holidays in the mix when the mail didn't go, that held things up for a couple days.)

That is enough to keep me busy! Been renting lots of anime & cartoons for the kids to watch, since I can't sit down in front of the tv for 2 hrs. every day like they can!

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

I believe it is the best deal going, night! You will like it. I am not getting as many rentals as jm, but he must live closer to a distribution center than I do.
                                It is a good deal ! Since 3 DVDs shipped on 10-30 I have received 19 in the mail, swapped them, used the 4 weekly November coupons and the 2 free weekly coupons they emailed me last week for their delay in shipping. So 44 so far for me since 10-30 with the 2 holidays slowing things a lil. I might squeeze in 3 more in the mail and swap them before 11-30. In December the weekly coupons go down to 1 for me but who can complain

Comment

Working...