X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

I think this is crap
    i would agree angel, i won't play their game.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• OldStuff
      • Dec 2006

It’s funny how folks are reporting on the new Blockbuster return-to-store-get-one-free offer.

I have received 16 movies so far (mail and store) in my first 2 weeks free which still has 2 days to go.
      They were slow by two days in shipping my first DVDs but now show the return 1 day after I return it to the store and ship my next movie in the queue.

The local store here has always been weak in their stock of older movies so that is nothing new. I rent the older films on-line and pick up the newer titles at the store. Yes, I wish the store had a greater selection. So far I have no complaints. I have received in two weeks more than Netflix shipped in a month.

Will it continue as time goes bye? That is the question.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2005

Generally, i have been very happy with program. But this past week things slowed down. I called to complain. Guess what, dvds got shipped that day, plus they sent me an extra coupon for the hassle.
        They were very responsive, so i am happy again. Moral of story, if you dont like the service, call and make them aware of it.
        BTW, i do think they were impacted by the extremely bad whether a lot of the nation experienced last week.

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

As I posted earlier 50 in the first month including 6 coupons (2for complaining). 1 received and traded since Friday, 2 in the mail so far this month and new stuff is shipping also. I got See No Evil on its release day and Superman Returns on the 2nd day of release. No real problems with my selections between online and in the store of which I have 5 in less than a 5 mile radius, but so far happy with the one ~1.5 miles away. I like the old as well as new releases and the series sets that I am getting.

Comment

• MikeyBK
            Digital Video Maniac
            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
            As I posted earlier 50 in the first month including 6 coupons (2for complaining). 1 received and traded since Friday, 2 in the mail so far this month and new stuff is shipping also. I got See No Evil on its release day and Superman Returns on the 2nd day of release. No real problems with my selections between online and in the store of which I have 5 in less than a 5 mile radius, but so far happy with the one ~1.5 miles away. I like the old as well as new releases and the series sets that I am getting.

I guess BBs' the plan for you John, but for me it's been horrendous. If they take a week to ship all three of my movies and I pick up three per week from the store, I can get atleast 6 per week. If I return each movie as soon as I get them, I can't see it going to more than around 8 or so.

Netflix has been so fast for me that if I wanted, I could easily get 6 per week as well.

So I have to ask myself, 'Do I want the frustration and inconvenience of trying to get the movies shipped to me by BB and then return them in the BB store as soon as I can to ensure I get more than 6....OR....
            Just stick with Netflix and have all 6 mailed directly to my house.

If I was getting the service that John is getting, I'd pick BB in a heartbeat, but as it stands right now, It's Netflix for me.
            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
            Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
            ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
            Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
            XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
            Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
            Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
            *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
            *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• mahoney19
              • Apr 2005

I have had my BB acount for 3 weeks now, I have the 4 at a time plan. I have been getting 8 a week in the mail and 8 when I return them to the BB TA store. The first week was the only week that was slow, I signed up late Thursday night and the account activation process took all day Friday I'm guessing. My first 4 were not shipped until the following monday, normal since they dont ship on weekends. I dont get the newest release movie through the online service I get them at the store when I use the TA part of the program. I use the online service to get the dvds not found in the store. Works for me. Netflix was horrible for me during the month of November. My postman must have watched every dvd before they came to me. At least BB envelops cant be as easily opened by someone else unlinke netflix crappy mailer.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
                It's Netflix for me.
                @Mikey - Like the old cereal commercial "Let Mikey try it"...sorry to hear ya did and it seems it ain't working out for ya . The best part about trying it out for you was it was freeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

Not to sure about that.. there was a 3 week free trial offer yet I only get 9 days of it free and still no movies out of it yet.

The part that gets me mad is the part that BB is no longer keeping older movies or tv shows in the store they are going to be for online memberships only now. So now I am paying for 2 passes and so far nothing off the second (online)

By the time I get any my 9 days short 2 weeks may be up.

I did get one free in store rental though so I guess that is what I get for free.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Therer were no changes at the BB store I go to. If you ain't happy with it and the free trial period has not expired yet, cancel before it does and there won't be any charges. If they did charge ya before the trial period ended, notify you credit card company snd get it refunded.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

BB shipped me Dead Man's Chest today

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

BB shipped me Dead Man's Chest today
                        Heck you get movies before the release date I am just waiting to get my first 3. LOL

There are some movies I want to see that the store no longer has.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                          Heck you get movies before the release date I am just waiting to get my first 3. LOL

There are some movies I want to see that the store no longer has.
                          The release date is 12-5-06, the EDD is 12-06-06 but I might have it on the release date

Drop the Movie pass you have if ya can for the month and stick with TA for the month, you can always go back to the MP when ya want. Use online to get the old stuff and trade in for the new stuff
                          Last edited by jm1647; 5 Dec 2006, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

Well it seems that BB has a new way to throttle the customers now.

I am so mad at them I just cant tell you.

So I get my 3 dvd's and I take them into the store which I was promised once they scan the dvd's in at the store they will be removed from my queue.

WELL they are not and they are returned.
                            When I click to reposrt issues, I click my dvd's were returned and not off my queue... I get this INSANE message that tells me the dvd's are on the way there for they cant be returned yet so they cant be removed from my queue!

What kind of total crap is that, BB has the movies back they scanned them in their own store. and they took 5 days to get to me in the first place. Unreal.

Yes I am filing BIG complaints yet again and calling the manager at my store up to complaine too after all he was the one that promised me that if the movies were returned to the store they will be off my queue right there and then. Not ...... who knows when.

Now that BB NO longer stocks most of the movies they once did you have to get them from the online and then you get screwed!

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                              Well it seems that BB has a new way to throttle the customers now.

I am so mad at them I just cant tell you.

So I get my 3 dvd's and I take them into the store which I was promised once they scan the dvd's in at the store they will be removed from my queue.
                              In the BB online FAQ it has that DVDs will stay in your queue until they are received back at the distribution center, but once returned to a store won't count as DVDs out. I'm on the 3@time plan and have had as many as 6 DVDs showing as not being returned to BB distribution centers yet. The 3 I turned in to a B&M store triggered the 3 that were mailed to me and were on their way to me.

Here's a new way BB is trying to get NF customers to switch to TA. Take the mailing label from your NF online rental to a BB B&M store and get a free rental. Offer good until 12-21-06. The online DVD rental war continues. Link

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                                Queen of Digital Video
                                Queen of Digital Video
                                • Jan 2004

In the BB online FAQ it has that DVDs will stay in your queue until they are received back at the distribution center, but once returned to a store won't count as DVDs out. I'm on the 3@time plan and have had as many as 6 DVDs showing as not being returned to BB distribution centers yet. The 3 I turned in to a B&M store triggered the 3 that were mailed to me and were on their way to me.

Here's a new way BB is trying to get NF customers to switch to TA. Take the mailing label from your NF online rental to a BB B&M store and get a free rental. Offer good until 12-21-06. The online DVD rental war continues. Link
                                Ijust found that out with the e-mail I got back from BB, but that is not what the store manager told me so I was pi$$ed when I saw the movies still there. LOL

they did send me some extra coupons for more free rentals though.
                                I guess I pays to complaine sometimes.
                                I guess I will wait to see how long it does take to get the next 3.

I guess that part that has me the most is now you HAVE to do the online thing due to the fact that 75% of the movie are now online only. At leaste here where I live they are really pushing the online thing here. Now its OK you dont like online but if you want most of our movies that is the only way you can rent them. Or you can buy them for more then they cost new!

For the movies they dont have in the store any more which is most of them now. The still carry a lot of the ones they only rent online but only new from $20- $30 / when wal mart has then for $10 to $14.99.

They are really pushing the online either dont get what you want or buy it or use their online.

I liked it better when they had all of the movies in the store and NO online at all.
                                But thats just me I guess. It was a better deal in the store.

Comment

Working...