X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by vah234
    to show you how bad blockbuster is i have recieved movies in the mail sometimes the same day they list as being shipped but when i return movie and notify them of same they tell me i have to wait three days to report anything--three days after their ship date,one to two days for post office to process,one to three days for next movie---the most you can get in a week is usually only three or 12 movies a month---this is a far cry from unlimited rentals monthly
    I do a lot better with BB on the 3@time plan than I do NF, mostly because of the 3 day thing with BB where it is 6 days with NF.

With BB since the last week of April I have received 82 movies so far not including the free instore rentals which when I found out I changed from 2 to 4 in July, I think it was. So counting the free movies from the store I have got about 96 movies so far from BB since the last week of April '06.

Comment

• copyless
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2006

As jm1647 knows, I prefer BB, simply because of the free instore rentals. If you do go to a store, then the free instore rentals of one per week, basically pay for the whole month of on line rentals, how can you go wrong that way? I have even received as few as 14 in a month, but normally average around 17. I have received as high as 23 in one month from BB. But mainly I stay with BB because of the in store rentals. If I haven't been shipped a movie that I want, then I go to the store and get it with the coupon and remove it from my queue. I also like the fact that you can report any DVD issue after three days which can increase the shipping total, because you will eventually receive the DVD that you report missing, so always have the next movie shipped, never pick the resend same movie option. This also works when shipping them the movies back, if after a couple of days it hasn't cleared, then report it and have the next movie shipped.

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

@copyless - I'm pretty sure it was you that mentioned the 4 in store rentals, wasn't it?? I'm using my daughters account that she had but was gonna stop. Thanks again, I was only getting 2 good for the month, now 1 per week, thanks to you !!!!!

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

Yeah, it was me. You are more than welcome. I'm just glad I could help you get more for your money.

Comment

• copyless
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2006

Well since I am usually talking about the free rentals at the store, I thought I would actually do some math. I came up with the fact that if you actually use the one per week, free rental at the store, you actually save around $17.00 over the year vs. paying for one rental per week. So in conclusion, if you use the in store coupons, it actually pays you to have BB Online, and in the long run the per month fee for BB Online is free, again if you use the coupons. 12 months @ 19.25= $231.00 52 weeks @ 4.80= $249.60 At least this is what my rentals cost, I know some will vary, but not by a whole lot.

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by copyless
              Well since I am usually talking about the free rentals at the store, I thought I would actually do some math. I came up with the fact that if you actually use the one per week, free rental at the store, you actually save around $17.00 over the year vs. paying for one rental per week. So in conclusion, if you use the in store coupons, it actually pays you to have BB Online, and in the long run the per month fee for BB Online is free, again if you use the coupons. 12 months @ 19.25= $231.00 52 weeks @ 4.80= $249.60 At least this is what my rentals cost, I know some will vary, but not by a whole lot.
              My highest instore rental at my local BB is $4.49+tax = $4.80. The monthly BB online billing amount for 3@time is $19.07

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

does BB offer credit for trade-ins in joisey?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                  does BB offer credit for trade-ins in joisey?
                  If ya mean trading in a DVD you own and getting credit, I never tried it

Comment

• volfann
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2006

I emailed BB last night asking about an older movie I have had in my queue for 2 months now that has been on long wait the whole time . they sent me an apology and said they would try to get more copies and also gave me a coupon for another free in store rental. Too bad my local store doesn't carry this movie. "Rawhead Rex". Was nice of them to give me the freebie..
                    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

BB Total Access to roll out nationally next week Return your mailed movies to a local store and get movies from a brick and mortar store the same day!

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

BB Total Access to roll out nationally next week Return your mailed movies to a local store and get movies from a brick and mortar store the same day!
                        Very interesting; wonder how it will work out? Their email notifying system doesn't work well for me at all. Sometimes I receive a movie before the notice that they are sending it - some don't show up as clearing my queue, but when I call them, they tell me they have received it.

I hope they can keep things straight when returning the mailed movies for an instore rental...

Comment

• MikeyBK
                          Digital Video Maniac
                          • Feb 2006

Potential problem I see here is that when you return the DVD that you got from the 'brick & mortar' store back to that store, how long will it take to clear on your online queue?? Because they won't send you the next online DVD in your queue until the in-store DVD clears.

Hmmmmm.......will have to wait and see what others experience.
                          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                          Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                          ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                          Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                          XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                          Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                          Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                          *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                          *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
                            Potential problem I see here is that when you return the DVD that you got from the 'brick & mortar' store back to that store, how long will it take to clear on your online queue?? Because they won't send you the next online DVD in your queue until the in-store DVD clears.

Hmmmmm.......will have to wait and see what others experience.
                            The way it is supposed to work is that the store rentals are above and beyond the online rentals and don't count to your ?@time. I know as of last week the store computers were not tied into the online computer system. It seem it is going to be like extra in the store coupons. Another way of getting movies you want faster. I guess they want all the NF customers to switch to BB, since NF just relies on the mail.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                              Digital Video Maniac
                              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
                              The way it is supposed to work is that the store rentals are above and beyond the online rentals and don't count to your ?@time. I know as of last week the store computers were not tied into the online computer system. It seem it is going to be like extra in the store coupons. Another way of getting movies you want faster. I guess they want all the NF customers to switch to BB, since NF just relies on the mail.
                              I think you're correct John

MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                              Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                              ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                              Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                              XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                              Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                              Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                              *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                              *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

@MikeyBK - Nice link! Thanks

Ya can't get hurt with this Total Access thing. I hear it mighta got postponed, was supposed to start Monday October 24th when it was supposed to go national. I hope it's only a rumor

Comment

Working...