Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Total Access for BB Online is suposed to start next week November 1 ! It sounds to good to be true, we'll hafta see

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

I may switch back to blockbusters if it's all true.
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• vah234
        • Sep 2004

the only problem with this is that bb online is going to blame uspo for the problem of timely delivery instead of themselves for throttling

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by vah234
          the only problem with this is that bb online is going to blame uspo for the problem of timely delivery instead of themselves for throttling
          Both NF and BB blame the USPS and with all the different articles in the newspapers about postal workers gettin caught with DVD's I beleive 'em now. In an earlier post I made I was having delqays sending DVD's back. I drove tro our main post office and dropped them off the next morning and BB and NF acknowledged they gort them the next day . I went to my local PO and told the Postmaster about it and now my returns that are put in the box outside my house are getting there real quick all of a sudden.

Originally Posted by jm1647
          Total Access for BB Online is suposed to start next week November 1 ! It sounds to good to be true, we'll hafta see

Delayed again Now Thursday the 2nd for Total Access

All right Let the games begin Total Access for BB has hit their website, get the DVD's in the mail and return/exchange them at your local BB for DVDs at the store. When ya turn the DVD's back in at your local store they are cleared from your online rental queue. And the movies ya get from your local BB are not included as movies out for your online account. I wonder what NF can do to compete with this???

Now to see how fast BB ships the next DVDs outta the online queue
          Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Nov 2006, 11:45 AM. Reason: multiple posts

Comment

• MikeyBK
            Digital Video Maniac
            • Feb 2006

All right Let the games begin Total Access for BB has hit their website, get the DVD's in the mail and return/exchange them at your local BB for DVDs at the store. When ya turn the DVD's back in at your local store they are cleared from your online rental queue. And the movies ya get from your local BB are not included as movies out for your online account. I wonder what NF can do to compete with this???

Now to see how fast BB ships the next DVDs outta the online queue
            Even if BB online sends out 3 movies a week, you'll end up with 7 titles in all a every week!! NetFlix will not be able to compete against this. The only flaw I see is if many of the BB 'franchise' stores don't participate in certain areas.

Seriously leaning towards changing back to BB online as soon as my current NF month ends.
            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
            Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
            ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
            Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
            XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
            Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
            Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
            *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
            *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
              Even if BB online sends out 3 movies a week, you'll end up with 7 titles in all a every week!! NetFlix will not be able to compete against this. The only flaw I see is if many of the BB 'franchise' stores don't participate in certain areas.

Seriously leaning towards changing back to BB online as soon as my current NF month ends.
              Rumor has it that the free weekly coupons are going to get fewer. I heard 4 to 2 and 2 to 1 I just checked my online account I used the free one for this week and the 3 for the rest of the month are still showing, so I'll have 7 for this week . I hafta check again when I get back after swapping the 3 I just got in the mail Tuesday, in at a store instead of sending them back in the mail.

Ya need a store membership to participate (the free one not Movie Pass).

I got about 4 stores in about a 5 mile radius from me, so I might venture to a coupla different ones to see what they have in the store. I know for a fact the Search my stores feature of BB online is not accurate. The closest store that I go to has had titles in the store that BB online said they did not have.

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

Rumor has it that the free weekly coupons are going to get fewer
                I was concerned about that too. Also, the BB in my area is a tiny store with not much of a selection, so I don't know how much all this will benefit me...

Comment

• volfann
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2006

Info I got from BB said one coupon now.. Will be O.K. as long as the movies you trade in clear your queue as quickly as they said. I am wondering if they will try and jack up the monthly fees now????
                  sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                    Info I got from BB said one coupon now.. Will be O.K. as long as the movies you trade in clear your queue as quickly as they said. I am wondering if they will try and jack up the monthly fees now????
                    My daughter gets the emails from BB and I haven't spoken to her about it yet.

I turned in 2 online DVD's to my local store about 4 hours ago and they haven't cleared as returned yet (and the store didn't give me a receipt either, I shoulda asked for one ) The exchange was painless though, hold onto the sealed envelopes, pick your new movies, go to the counter, turn the online ones in, check out the new ones and they give ya a receipt for the DVD ya just picked up like a normal free rental coupon you used and out the door you go. They even have a laptop on the counter in case anything new you just got is in your queue so you can delete it before you leave the store. The manager said see if my returned movies clear later, something about the server polling the stores for returns.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2005

I dont like the fact that they are cutting down on the number of online coupons from 4 per month to 1 per month. Id rather the previous system.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

I just seen that the 3 remaining online coupons I had left for November are gone and just seen this on the website

"If you've got a mailer, you've got a movie E-Coupon. And if you don't you still get at least one movie E-Coupon each month, just in case."

The only other bad part maybe (the no receipt for online rentals turned in is the first one IMO) about this could be ya hafta use the free rental when you exchange a movie. Nothing in the store ya want ya gotta hold onto the online rental until they do or mail it back. No get a coupon and come back later

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

I just seen that the 3 remaining online coupons I had left for November are gone and just seen this on the website

"If you've got a mailer, you've got a movie E-Coupon. And if you don't you still get at least one movie E-Coupon each month, just in case."

My bad They moved the printable coupons down further I stil have 3 left for November

Weekly E-Coupons
                          Weekly Movie Rental Ecoupon
                          valid through 11/05/2006Weekly Movie Rental Ecoupon
                          valid from 11/06/2006 through 11/12/2006Weekly Movie Rental Ecoupon
                          valid from 11/13/2006 through 11/19/2006Weekly Movie Rental Ecoupon
                          valid from 11/20/2006 through 11/26/2006

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

I dont like the fact that they are cutting down on the number of online coupons from 4 per month to 1 per month. Id rather the previous system.
                            Jamo, the way I see it, even if they do cut the coupons, if you turn in all your online movies at the store, you will make out better than before.

I am receiving approx. 16 movie a mo.; with the coupons, that brings my total to 20. With the new method, I could theoretically receive a total of 30+ a mo., if they clear my queue & ship on time. That sounds good to me, providing that they don't raise the plan prices now. My only prob. is that my local BB is a small store with not much of a selection in the types of movies that I want to watch...

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                              My only prob. is that my local BB is a small store with not much of a selection in the types of movies that I want to watch...
                              I agree as long as a local store has enuff stuff ya wanna see it will be OK but if not, back in the mail they go and then the reduction of coupons can hurt if ya can't find at least 3 movies in a local store to watch a month. This week I got 3 in the mail , returned 2 to a local store and got 2 today and used an online coupon also. The other DVD I have home will be back by Saturday making it 7 for the week. 6 1/2 hrs after turning in the 2 DVDs to the store my online queue has not gotten rid of them yet.

Comment

• volfann
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Jun 2006

Keep us posted on how long it takes them to clear your queue JM.. I will probably try and swap 3 tomorrow and hopefully queue will clear before Mondays new releases become available.. I know if I mail them it sometimes takes 3 to 4 days to clear. Shipping was slow for me this week... i had 2 movies sent to me Monday and 1 on Wednesday and all 3 showed up today (Thursday).. Mailman must be watching them again....
                                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

Working...