X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

6 1/2 hrs after turning in the 2 DVDs to the store my online queue has not gotten rid of them
    I am turning 1 in to the store tomorrow, & I will keep you posted on the queue updating as well. Do they have a direct link to the online store, & do they enter the movies in as returned right away while you are still in the store?

The counter guy might have went on "break" & left them lying on the counter for a day or 2...

Comment

• jamoskeag3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2005

My problem is theres not a lot in my local store i want.
      But its still not a bad program. i just liked the old system better for me.
      Last edited by jamoskeag3; 4 Nov 2006, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
        I am turning 1 in to the store tomorrow, & I will keep you posted on the queue updating as well. Do they have a direct link to the online store, & do they enter the movies in as returned right away while you are still in the store?

The counter guy might have went on "break" & left them lying on the counter for a day or 2...
        ya hafta give them your blockbuster membership card, then they click online and scan the envelope to submit it as returned. I did not check my online account with the laptop they have for customers to use before I left the store because the movies I got at the store where not in my online queue. Over 8 hours and not cleared from my online queue yet and no receipt to prove I turned them in to a store Maybe like the manager said they have to poll the stores for returns??

Originally Posted by volfann
        Mailman must be watching them again....
        If this in store exchange turns out as good as it looks, my mailman is gonna be pi$$ed, he won't have my returns to watch any more

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

If this in store exchange turns out as good as it looks, my mailman is gonna be pi$$ed, he won't have my returns to watch any more
          I think he watches them before he delivers them

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
            I think he watches them before he delivers them
            I wouldn't doubt it, sometimes like volfann my DVDs are shipped a day or 2 apart and I get them the same day . Like I posted earlier since I complained to my Postmaster the gettin back and receiving them has been a whole lot better. This Total Access thing has the potential to make getting DVDs on the 3@time plan like taking vitamins.....averaging out to One A Day

Originally Posted by jm1647
            Over 8 hours and not cleared from my online queue yet and no receipt to prove I turned them in to a store Maybe like the manager said they have to poll the stores for returns??
            Over 19 hours and the 2 returns have not cleared from my online queue yet. I'm not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere to allow a coupla extra days for the next DVDs to arrive from online but I don't remember where I seen it. I'm gonna call the store when they open in about an hour and a half. The account is in my daughter's name so I won't call BB online yet.

Over 19 hours and the 2 returns have not cleared from my online queue yet. I'm not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere to allow a coupla extra days for the next DVDs to arrive from online but I don't remember where I seen it. I'm gonna call the store when they open in about an hour and a half. The account is in my daughter's name so I won't call BB online yet.
            Ah, I couldn't wait I called Blockbuster online and they told me that the DVD's returned at a store won't clear from the online queue until they get back to the distribution center they were mailed from. I guess BB didn't do too good of a job letting the local stores know how it is gonna work.

Sorta makes sense I guess, getting an instant replacement when ya return them to a store, is the bonus of not having to wait for the USPS to get them back to BB.
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 4 Nov 2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

I called Blockbuster online and they told me that the DVD's returned at a store won't clear from the online queue until they get back to the distribution center they were mailed from. I guess BB didn't do too good of a job letting the local stores know how it is gonna work.
              Do they ship the next movie right away as soon as you return it to the store, or will they wait to ship the next movie until they receive it at the distribution center?

With the movies not clearing the queue for so long, that makes it a pain to keep track of it all in making sure they actually receive it & that it does clear the queue.

BTW, when I receive a movie that is damaged, & go to my acct. to report the issue, I always click "resend the same movie". They never do this - they always send the next movie in the queue! I think they need to get their act together on several things!!!

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

I swapped 3 movies today at my local BB.. Lets see how long it takes them to clear.. Here is a quote from BB FAQ about it....
                ." When you exchange online DVDs at your local BLOCKBUSTER store, a spot is immediately opened up in your Queue and your next movie is shipped, but it may take 1-2 days for the returned title to clear from your queue."

We shall see..
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• mahoney19
                  • Apr 2005

JM and Volfann, please keep us posted as to how fast the movies checked into the store clear your queue. I'm still with netflix until the 16th of this month and will switch if my store offers this service.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Nov 2005

I think that we are still going to have to wait up to 2 days because of mail time, before it clears the queue. But the benefit is that you get a "replacement" while you wait.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
                      I swapped 3 movies today at my local BB.. Lets see how long it takes them to clear.. Here is a quote from BB FAQ about it....
                      ." When you exchange online DVDs at your local BLOCKBUSTER store, a spot is immediately opened up in your Queue and your next movie is shipped, but it may take 1-2 days for the returned title to clear from your queue."

We shall see..

Wow, I just checked my queue, the 2 DVD's I returned yesterday afternoon at about 1:00PM at tyhe store haven't cleared from my queue yet BUT since sometime after 9:00 AM today 2 new DVDs have been shipped. One has an expected delivery date of the 6th and the other one the 7th. Not bad at all, got 2 new form the store and the next day they shipped 2 more . So the clearing of the queue to send the next DVD does not come into play with stuff returned to a local BB store. Right now my queue shows 5 DVD's out not including the 2 I got from the store yesterday

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

I just found this on page 2 of the online FAQ (that I did not see before)

"Question
                        Once I return a BLOCKBUSTER Online® DVD in the store, how long will it take for my next DVD to arrive?

Answer Print Answer Email Answer

Once the store checks in your Online rental, the next available DVD from your Queue will be shipped within the next business day.

While reviewing your Queue, you may notice that DVDs exchanged or checked in at the store will remain in your "Shipped Movies" list until received by the Return Center. This does not prevent additional DVDs from being shipped; it's simply our way of tracking when a DVD is physically received by the Return Center."
                        Sounds real good to me and it is true

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Nov 2005

jm,
                          thanks for that info.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by mahoney19
                            JM and Volfann, please keep us posted as to how fast the movies checked into the store clear your queue. I'm still with netflix until the 16th of this month and will switch if my store offers this service.
                            On the BB site do a search for stores near you and it will show if they participate in Total Access. All the stores in my area do. I guess they want ya to buy candy and popcorn too

@jamos - no problem -This thing seems too good to be true, I gotta pinch myself

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Nov 2005

jm,
                              it does seem too good to be true. That worries me.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

.....One has an expected delivery date of the 6th and the other one the 7th. ...
                                Shazam, I musta scared the sh1t outta my local post office when I complained to my local postmaster about getting my DVD's later than scheduled The DVD shipped yesterday with an ETA of 11-6-06 just came. Hmmm it mighta been throttling by the USPS and not BB, this Total Access thing is AWESOME !!!!

Comment

Working...