• movmasty
    • Feb 2003

unaceptable behaviour on Doom's forum

a my post there
    my prob with xvid fullscreen,and any other resize,
    is that i could not get any xvid to play at different size,
    in fullscreen the movie remains at 100%, and screen fills black,
    koepi's reply
    A problem that will prevent you, Lloyd and maybe 2 other people from using xvid.
    Check your drivers, check your media player for the hardware acceleration settings (set them to max.), and you're done usually.
    Since only very few people have this problem it's clearly NOT xvid's fault.
    my reply
    ok, this i needed to know, really i put hardware acceleration to 0 because else i could not set the screen brightness as each movie needs
    go here ,video section
    you will see many ppl having this problem.
    (many of the very few that tried xvid)

and what about the bugs in fast search??

my friend, really only few people is using xvid cause of that,
    every 200 movies that i see, just one is in xvid,
    what answer is your? if xvid has a behaviour that other codecs dont have...buy a new computer?? and i dont care about you , Lloyd, and all the stupid people like you ?
    The conlusion
    I consider that mail as an attempt to make me look bad.

Striked -> suspended.

XviD is working correctly. Just because some DShow filters don't behave like some other filters expect them to, it doesn't mean the codec is flawed.

Koepi
    "i dont like you then i sospend you" isnt an acceptable behaviour.
    Help me for my freedom of speech please
    Last edited by movmasty; 6 Feb 2003, 11:13 AM.
  • movmasty
    • Feb 2003

my email to feedback@doom9.net Fantasious suspension

referring to http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=253962

and to http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=253921

i underline that is an unaceptable attempt against freedom of speech.

How can you have like moderator a person like that??

Legal actions will be also possible.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

dont get offended too much, try to solve your problems and ignore this kind of posting.

everyone might have a bad day.

Comment

• movmasty
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by UncasMS
        everyone might have a bad day.
        not really, that guy has ,at least, a bad couple of years

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I have seen a number of instances where Koepi posts outright offending replies to posts (and I only visit that forum once in a while, not on a regular basis). Many were offended and I would too were I one of his "victims."

I personally think that this guy either has problems OR he's just fed up with being swamped by questions he thought should not have been asked in the first place (eg. newbie questions). Nevertheless, I think it wouldn't hurt him to learn being civil to everyone he replies to, be they veterans or newbies.

...i dont care about you , Lloyd, and all the stupid people like you
          Reinforces my statement very well, doesn't it?

I have an account over at Doom9, but have hardly ever used it, since I don't feel that any question I ask over there will ever be smoothly or pleasantly answered. I usually spend time there reading the posts only.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Re: movmasty

Wait! Hang on!

Upon reading the thread, I realised that statement was actually yours! Well, that kinda changed my view on this thread. Perhaps you really should have thought twice before coming up with that unremarkable comment, especially when it was directed at a moderator, another poster with a related problem and a general audience who happen to be reading your post . . .

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Doom9's forum is not a democracy, the moderators moderate as the see fit, as that is their right.

Threatening with legal actions is just plain silly, AFAIK doom9's forum is not located in the US, freedom of speach does not apply. In addition the forum rules clearly spells out the sanctions, that may be imposed upon you, when you misbehave, as you clearly have.

If you don't agree with the way doom9's forum is beeing run, then leave. But please don't let your frustrations spill over into other forums, it won't do you the slightest bit of good.
              Last edited by khp; 5 Feb 2003, 01:43 AM.
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• movmasty
                • Feb 2003

Re: Re: movmasty

Originally posted by Enchanter
                Wait! Hang on!

Upon reading the thread, I realised that statement was actually yours! Well, that kinda changed my view on this thread. Perhaps you really should have thought twice before coming up with that unremarkable comment, especially when it was directed at a moderator, another poster with a related problem and a general audience who happen to be reading your post . . .
                yes, is mine, but is not really offensive against a moderator,
                i just interpreted in that way the reply of koepi(never seen a bug report reply like that)and had many good reasons beyond that post.

Some precisation,
                I am not talking about all the Doom board, but the behaviour of ONE moderator

I am not talking bad of a whole site over another site,
                just reporting a precise fact that everyone can judge himself,
                i didnt broke any rule, that "moderator" did,
                this is just called publicity

Said this i wont make other posts in this thread.

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

Moderators are people whom the forum admins trust, and they are given a great amount of power. Of course, from time to time, that power may be abused, or used in a harsh way, and that can't be avoided really. In fact, a good moderator may be one that does indeed use their powers willingly and frequently.

It's not easy being a moderator, especially a moderator for a forum that is about a software you produce (or in Koepi's case, build/compile). Obviously, criticism can be taken personally, and add that with the power to ban people, and it's easy to guess what's going to happen next.

Moderators (and also users with large post counts) also get asked the same question all the time, and can get frustrated because of this. This is probably why some of their replies can seem rude, but it's more out of the frustration that have been building up, rather than against you specifically (I guess this is a good time to remind people to use the search function within this forum, to search for frequently asked questions and answers).

Sometimes people forget that moderators are just people and have feelings that can get hurt by sometimes badly worded comments, so that's why being polite and considerate is one of our forum rules (and no doubt one of Doom9's forum rules). They are volunteering for what is actually quite a hard job, and they don't always receive the appreciation that is due to them.

And as khp mentioned, it won't help you much (other than letting off some steam, which is exactly what this protest/rant forum was opened for) by complaining about it on this or other forums.
                  Last edited by admin; 5 Feb 2003, 11:48 AM.
                  Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

Insulting never solves anything. It only creates new problems. Movmasty, in your reply you called koepi "stupid" and invariably insulted xvid (which he has developed). That was unecessary and uncalled for. The "strike" system ensures that "bad behaviour" is kept to a minimum and real problems and issues get discussed and solved.

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

I don't think Movmasty was calling Koepi stupid, since he said :

...i dont care about you , Lloyd, and all the stupid people like you
                      I think Movmasty was trying to "paraphrase" (I hope that's the right word) Koepi, by suggesting that Koepi didn't want to answer his questions because Koepi thinks he's stupid.

I would doubt that Koepi was trying to suggest that anybody is stupid (at least not in a public forum), but rather he was just trying to explain that the problem Movmasty had was not a common problem, and that it may be due to problems on his computer, rather than the XviD codec.

It's never a good idea to to guess or assume what others may be thinking, especially based on something as brief as a posting on a message board.

I think the following quote sums up this whole issue pretty well :

Never assume, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Comment

• Batman
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2002

Movmasty wrote in his reply:

"what answer is your? if xvid has a behaviour that other codecs dont have...buy a new computer??
                        ...i dont care about you , Lloyd, and all the stupid people like you "

I thought the "stupid" remark was aimed at Koepi, then again I could be wrong. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

I think Koepi wrote in one of his replies :

A problem that will prevent you, Lloyd and maybe 2 other people from using xvid.
                          I think the answer to all of this is finding out who Lloyd is
                          Last edited by admin; 5 Feb 2003, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Batman
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2002

Whoever, Lloyd his, who though he could be such a troublemaker

Comment

• movmasty
                              • Feb 2003

ehm....Lloyd is the thread starter, he reported some bug on playing xvid, and i added my bug report,
                              that guy (Lloyd) is not involved in any manner and dint cause any trouble(excuse me Lloyd!)
                              (but i see many bugreports on xvid playback here,not just "2 other people")

in a post below i said:

"yes, is mine, but is not really offensive against a moderator,
                              i just interpreted in that way the reply of koepi"

Obviously if i call directly "stupid" a moderator, he would have twice the reasons to suspend me(or ban)
                              and i would be a crazy to complain anything Batman, but i know other people understanding my words like you.

Comment

Working...