X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urslow
    • Dec 2005

JVC Sucks in all ways

Hi ,
    I'm so pissed at JVC I could just spit. Their tech support phone numbers put you in a loop, where you hit 4, then 4 again, then 4 again, and4 somemore, and you get know where. They have released a product with virtually no support, I'm speaking od the GZ-MG40. I regret buying this piece of crap.
    You go to remove the video from the camera, and the only thing on the screen is "USB Mass Storage". Well the owners book doesn't explain this, nor can you find the info on their web site. I'd love to take this camcorder and give it right back to JVC, they sure have dropped the ball with this.
    If anyone can shed some light on this issue that would be great, but I had to vent.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

see your original thread. firewire should do the trick

i agree, most tech support lines are unsatisfactory
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

nothing worse than lite-on tech. better off asking a drunk gorrilla for assistance.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• urslow
        • Dec 2005

Again I called tech support today and I'll tell you what, they certainly don't go beyond that damn script they are given to try and help you. I explained my issue to the agent, and I answered each of her questions, and she says, well it seems you are doing everything right. Try another computer, and if that doesn't work we'll have you mail it in under warranty. I resolved the problem, but the point remains they won't deviate from their canned responses at all.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

in my tenure i've learned (for the most part) you're better off using the net and a good forum like here for help with stuff like this.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

i have never ever called tech support for any product i have ever owned. only once, with an asus motherboard, and i was just making sure the warranty was still good. the answer to that question is usually in their script
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• urslow
              • Dec 2005

I agree, but I wasn't getting any replies, and we know sometimes that happens. But then I also figured that the holidays had something to do with it.

Comment

• splean
                • Jan 2006

Tech support phone lines are terrible. Im talking about internet companies, hardware companies, software companies ect. Like you said above.. they follow their script and make up bull so you can just call back again. They are garbage in everyway.

Comment

Working...