X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rough
    • Feb 2002

DivX Director Xtra

Hi,
    it would be usefull to have an DivX Xtra for Macromedia Director.

The Xtra should include the DivX codec to give us the opportunity to create CD-ROM productions that will run on systems that have no codec installed and that are restricted to install it.

Think about it.
    - Director projects on a single CD with hig quality videos.
    - No problems with compatibility on any Windows and maybe even Mac systems.
    - leave video stoneage with codecs like cinepak and indeo 3.2 behind (yes, these are still standards in director because they will run on every 32-bit Windows and on Mac)

From technical point of view - would it be possible to program an Xtra, including the codec, even running under Windows NT and 2000 without having administrator rights?

Would anyone be interested in programing an Xtra like that?
    An Xtra like that would even bring some money.

Please let me know.

cu Rough
  • kirkus
    • Mar 2002

I too am interested in this codec

I have been trying to sell the idea that videos on a cd-rom would be the idea way of creating a virtual open day at universities.... the problem is - when you take a product sample to a university - they are nearly always on an NT based platform - and the poor old marketing director doesn't have administrator rights.....

so unless they had divX installed before - they cannot view the movies and ----- well - the sales just don't happen

lots of support for this idea from here

good luck

Kirkus

Comment

• <<YDI>>
      • Aug 2005

DivX Xtra for Macromedia Director?

Necesito un Xtra para Director que me permita reproducir peliculas con el Codec DivX.

Comment

Working...