Best Encoding format for Wesite streaming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicMan
    • Sep 2005

Best Encoding format for Wesite streaming?

Hi
    My company has a website and upto now we have been using real media which is I must say pretty good...once you ve got it on your computer !!!
    Many of our clients, either don't have enough patience, skills or time to download or install Real Media. We therfore lose clients....
    My question is: What video format should we use on our website so that people can just "see automatically". A webmaster has already told me that WMVs are not a good idea either.
    Thanks !!!!
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

mpeg4 ie divx, xvid or WMV. I'm not a big fan of wmv but it would be the most compatible with no extra codecs needed and wmv can give some good results if done correctly.

Comment

• awesomeincalg
      • Dec 2004

Try using Windows Media Encoder. It's a free program from Microsoft, currently version 9. It actually has a variety of settings that I have found to be quite good with a minor learning curve. Of course, garbage in, garbage out so use a good clip to begin with.

It'll convert mpeg, avi's and I believe asx formats.

Comment

• mediamungo.com
        • Oct 2005

most of the client access website today are XP, so i think it's best to go with WMV.

Comment

• CCE
          • Oct 2005

Well the best thing is to integrate with your website that automatic play is SWF file from Marcromedia Flash then you need some java knowledge of programing it will be perfect but you know there are some people have slow computer and slow internet connetion. They will have a problem to access your web site.

If your asking just for playing some movie in your site normaly 3 famouse file that is:
          1. ASX or ASF Windows Media Player
          2. MOV Quick Time Movie
          3. RPM Real Media Player
          Last edited by CCE; 1 Nov 2005, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...