Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darren_21
    • Apr 2006

PAL to NTSC - Canopus Procoder 2 question

I've ripped the dvd files from the dvd itself on to my hdd as seen in the first image. Now when opening in Canopus, it seems all the vob files appear to be the same exact video. When previewing each one it seems to be the full video on each seperate vob. And when I start the convert process, the processing time is calculated at 22 hours!! This makes me think it wants to convert each vob file as its own full blown dvd. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, if anyone can give me any ideas?
    Attached Files
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

First of all a complete DVD with menus isn't going to happen. It is too complicated.

You can do a movie only backup however, the VOB files need to be joined into one big VOB file. You can turn file splitting off in DVD Decrypter. Then in Procoder look for the big VOB as the source. I haven't done this for a while so you may have problems with the audio. Usually, the audio is required to be demxed from the video (separated) and have its frame rate changed.

The processing time will be long and will take many hours.

Comment

• darren_21
      • Apr 2006

Ya the complete DVD doesn't matter to me, just the movie only. I will try the file splitting off in Decrypter. Hopefully all works out. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

if you all ready have the dvd ripped to your hard drive Vob2mpg (free) will "VOB2MPG goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce mpgs for the different titles. Requires .net framework 2." This is a good useful tool I have used and might help you.

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

Hi darren_21,

After adding all the .vob files in the Source tab, you didn't click to enable the "Stitch" option, didn't you? The Stitch option allows the program to encode or convert all the files added all together

Regards

Comment

• darren_21
            • Apr 2006

I was able to rip the vob files from the dvd and turned off the file splitting so as to get one large vob file. From that point I brought it into Procoder and ran the conversion which seems to have worked. I am running it thru Dvd Shrink atm and I will be testing it tonite.

Originally Posted by benbryant
            After adding all the .vob files in the Source tab, you didn't click to enable the "Stitch" option, didn't you? The Stitch option allows the program to encode or convert all the files added all together
            When I ran the conversion with seperated vob files I did actually have the stitch option selected, (guess just not in the screenshot) and it still seemed to want to make an entire set of vob, ifo files for each seperate vob file. Oh well, hopefully I'm going to be successful.

One thing I was wondering tho, is it normal for Procoder to use quite a lot of system resources? By this I mean I tried to run it on my other computer (2.8ghz p4, 512Ram) and it locked the computer up twice. And it almost locked up my main computer also, weird!

Anyways, Thanks guys your the best!

Comment

Working...