How can I reduced the size of a file to fit single layer DVD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anton1
    • Apr 2007

How can I reduced the size of a file to fit single layer DVD?

I'm sure I have missed something basic here. I have only used DVD43 and 1 Click previously, however after reading the advice I have successfully used DVDFabDecrypter but now have a 7GB file. I can't see how to reduce this on Imgburn when making the Iso image. Articles like Imgburn for Dummies don't seemto addresss this. Maybe I am totally lost.
    Thanks for any help
    Anton1
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Try this guide & if you want my advice, output to ISO, then burn with ImgBurn. Another couple of usefull programs you might want to look in to, are FixVts & MenuShrink.
    Last edited by soup; 17 Apr 2007, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• anton1
      • Apr 2007

Hi soup. Thanks for your very prompt reply. I have followed your advice and am outputing to ISO at the moment. I gather you don't like the DVD Shrink option with output and burn using Copy to DVD. Why? Would it not be simpler? Does it crash/ give poor quality?
      I'm v grateful for your help.

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

I used the automatic option to burn with Nero when I first started out but after reading & listening to a few people I just got to not liking to do too many things automatically, that's all nothing to do with quality etc. I could still use the automatic stage if I wish, to burn with either Nero or ImgBurn but I let Dvd Shrink create the ISO then I burn with ImgBurn. Another option just to let you know, would be to let Dvd Shrink create the hard disc folder & using build mode in ImgBurn with this guide.

Btw, welcome to the Forum & good luck.

Comment

Working...