X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

The layer break has to be at the beginning of a cell. The Imgburn warning is caused by the absence of the beginning of a cell in the range of positions where the layer break should be. You can include an additional chapter in that range, cut the original cell with VobBlanker, or just ignore the warning and burn. (In the latter case, your DVD will not have a legal layer break, but most players will accept it anyway.)

To maximize the chances to have a cell at the right position, you should create more chapter points and/or produce an output with more free space on the DVD. It is never a good idea to fill a DVD-9 completely, as the burn program has no way to organize the files on disc differently, and that means that the layer break cell must be at a precise position. In other words, the more free space remains on disc, the larger is the allowed range for the layer break.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 16 Oct 2009, 09:42 PM.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Thanks for the info.

edit: btw your advice worked out well. I set chapters back to the default every 5 minutes and instead of just using DVD9 for disc size, cut it down to 8000 MB. When I loaded into Imgburn build mode with auto select optimal layer break enabled, Imgburn had a couple in the list. Thanks again.
      Last edited by MilesAhead; 17 Oct 2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by UncasMS
        i dont worry about the fps because the quad is up to speed using x264, which i normally do

the fact that hcenc causes so little cpu load makes me wonder
        Did you download an AMD driver that's supposed to tweak core throughput? I'm not sure but I think the first week I got this machine I noticed something about an AMD driver that was supposed to improve core usage or something like that. Still if you're getting utilization with other codecs then that would probably eliminate that as a possibility. I did find that the Sept. 0.24 HC beta was faster than the May beta. I'm using the Oct. 20 beta now. I haven't done any timings with it but I assume it's the same as Sept. with one improvement(the details or on HC Doom9 forum. Some adaptive whatever that I don't use myself that I know of.)

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

you know how much drivers and tools one installs so i cant even tell if or if not

will have to dig into this further but will take some time because of the win7 installation on the other machine

for the time being i dont even think about replacing XP on my quadcore, which does all the conversion stuff as it all runs more than fine and highly reliable

if ony avisynth, ffdshow and x264 with 64bit would be part od bd-rebuilder than i might think about switching from xp/32 to win7/64 but these days i very much doubt i'll touch that machine

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Hmmmmm, I think it may be worth it to get away form the preinstall stuff. Seems like when I first get the PC I'm so distracted trying to get the crud off that I don't keep logs or do anything in an organized way. I think I did whatever I could to disable any cool & quiet and set everything to performance mode. But I can't recall. Everything is mixed up with stuff like running PCdecrapifier and trying to get my reboot time under 2 minutes. Guess I'll start buying OEM discs or something instead of dealing with that. Trouble is by the time you have the system to the point where you can create the restore discs you are half way into decrapification.

Comment

Working...