Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VRYK
    • Jan 2009

Thanks for the info.
    Why can there be a conflict between the PG playback mode and the Title Play Map flag in respect to the one_sequential attribute ?
    The PgcEdit warning message when the Title Play Map flag is cleared states inter alia ”....it is probably not safe to declare it so”. What is the risk?

As indicated in my previous message, replacing the PGC-1 post-command with the PGC-2 pre-command (thus leaving PGC-2 with no commands) still leaves Title 1 flagged as Not-one_sequential. You pointed out in your reply that this is probably because of the presence of a non-zero NextPGCN or PrevPCN value. Indeed, Title 1 PGC-2’s calling command gives:
    VTST 1.1 TTN 1 (56.06) Title 1. NextPGC Link
    VTST 1.1 TTN 1 (56.06) Title 1. PrevPGC Link

How can I clear this, so that it becomes uncalled and can presumably then be deleted by “Delete uncalled PGCs” ?

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

If you declare a PGC as one-seq when it is not, the risk is that the player may not examine the attributes that can be set only on non-sequential PGCs (such as the random or shuffle playback modes) and ignore them, leading to nav errors. Also, the flag should be set correctly to respect the DVD-Video standard anyway.

The Next and Prev PGCN links values are in the upper left frame of the PGC Editor (as well as the GuUp PGCN link, not concerned here).
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• VRYK
        • Jan 2009

I set the The Next and Prev PGCN links to 0 and the title is now one_sequential. Am I correct in assuming that its "PUO: Time play or search" flag can now be cleared?

Comment

• r0lZ
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Mar 2004

Yes, it can be cleared.
          r0lZ

Comment

• VRYK
            • Jan 2009

I omitted to ask re the remaining Titles which are all multi-PGC and hence have the NOT one_sequential flag set. Should the "PUO: Time play or search" flag be maintained for these?

Comment

• r0lZ
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Mar 2004

Normally, yes, but it doesn't hurt to clear it, if you rebuild also the time maps. Some players will allow the time play or search, although most players will still prohibit the operation, because the non-sequential flag is set.
              r0lZ

Comment

Working...