suggestions for long movies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wts
    • May 2005

Thanks, So far I just read it as an ISO using DVDD and then use shrink to select main movie etc, then write it with DVDD in ISO mode. WHy would I use file mode to rip it, or in what application would I use file mode.
    I don't and won't use compression because when you watch a 84" wide screen you most likely see the difference.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

"ISO" Mode will work also, but I always use "File" mode as you are dealing with the actual DVD structure rather than a single "ISO" file. (Just more control in my opinion.)

Comment

• wts
        • May 2005

Hmm, I guess I have to find the diffinition of each type to know why. What guide can I get to show working with the File mode as opposed to the ISO mode. Can this be done/used in shrink. Why/how does it give more control over what is going on when working with the actual DVD structure. So the DVD is actually put together using the FILE mode structure? So where does the ISO file get derived from and doesn't shrink use the ISO file then break it into the original DVD file structure.

Thanks

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

File mode used to be only way to get Shrink to work with the DVD files. There is now no difference between ISO and File mode when importing straight into Shrink. However, File mode is useful for editing the files prior to Shrink (blanking titles, meneu shrinking etc).

Comment

• wts
            • May 2005

Ahhh, okay , thanks

Comment

Working...