Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

It plays -R's perfectly and as long as I don't miss a step like checking booktype before burning it will also play +R & +R DL no problem.

Comment

• geno888
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

As I said in my post, the problem is not in "shrinked" stuff, because DVD Shrink already demonstrated that is very good.

If your standalone don't play a disc, the problem is in the disc: a bad burn can't be played.

You say that use always -R media, but there are plenty of -R media. What identify a disc is not -R or +R, but the so called "Media ID" (for example, MCC 004, or RICOHJPNR03, etc.).

So if you started to have problems is because you used discs with a different MID that your burner can't burn well.

Comment

• kuneo
        • Jan 2004

don't want to argue (too late),but if a shrinked dvd plays well in some player's,but won't play in a specific player...it is not a bad burn!

It is either a -r issue or a chipset issue (but there be more reasons).

When you discuss "media issue's" thats what I mean by chipset problem's,cause the dvd's play fine....except for "some" player's that don't have the ability to play all disc types or media codes.

K

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Usually (old) standalones have problems with +R discs; -R (dash) discs are the most compatible after pressed discs.

For what I know, -R discs should not be a problem for standalones.

What you say is correct: if a standalone can read only pressed discs (and not any burned disc at all, both dash or plus) then is not a media problem, but a compatibility problem. But the only way to find it is to do a test with that specific standalone.

Comment

• XJeepguy
            • Dec 2005

Ours is not an upconverter type, but cannot say enough good things about our LG LDA-530 . -R / +R etc... , no issues and plays just about any file type you can toss at it without issues.

XJ

Comment

• Rammer500
              • Dec 2005

I have an LG DVB-418 that upconverts and it also will play anything I put in it. I use -r media only.

Comment

• crackybob
                • Jan 2006

Check this out

A sweet 400 disc DVD mega changer from Sony that reads all formats and has 1080 upconversion.

Comment

Working...